Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

REVO

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 10:16 AM
BIG BURBAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REVO

OK guys im not jumpin ship but i had to buy a revo . Just wanted the 2 best trucks out . If i cant get them with the revo i'll get out the BIG GUN , MY ALL HOPPED UP ALUM. SUPER TRUCK !!!!
Old 03-12-2005, 10:47 AM
ThermalRD

Default RE: REVO

You will love the Revo. The truck is soo solid, and such an awesome racer. Congrats!!!
Old 03-12-2005, 01:46 PM
tristy

REVO ROCKS! and dont forget it! lol
Old 03-12-2005, 11:17 PM
Clash

The Revo is great but such a ***** to work on compared to the LST.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:33 PM
BIG BURBAN

ok guys i realy dont like this thing
Old 03-22-2005, 10:23 PM
Eracer76

ORIGINAL: BIG BURBAN

ok guys i realy dont like this thing

Are you doing that now?

Seriously though, Whats wrong with it, Ive heard nothing but good things about it?
Old 03-23-2005, 07:52 AM
kevinb456

10 days and he hates it!
Old 03-23-2005, 10:39 AM
deletethisacct

I bought a Revo too. It was on sale for $419, and I had a $25 off coupon. I couldn't resist. Like the LST, there are weak points on the Revo. Reverse SUCKS!!!!!! toasted the servo the 2nd time I shifted. The 2nd time... that's recockulous. I agree with Clash, things are pretty tight in this truck, and it is more difficult to work on than the LST.

However, it is a bit more nimble than the LST. Big bumps bounce it around (I'm still trying to dial it in though, its pretty new still), and being much lighter it can get pushed around pretty easy by the bigger trucks (i.e. LST) but it can get the job done. Definately faster on the smaller tracks, it loses its advantages on bigger tracks. I wish the LST had as thick of a stock body. Being so much heavier than the Revo, it almost needs an even thicker body than the Revo!

My Revos cool, but the LST is awesome. I think once I get the .18 in the Revo, change over to forward only, and get the suspension dialed in, it will be an awesome truck too.
Old 03-23-2005, 01:30 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

i thot i was inthe lst forum
Old 03-23-2005, 01:34 PM
arubadubis

My friend has a Revo, and it is a pretty impressive truck in most cases. Just watch the tranny and diffs. The tranny has plastic gears inside, so if you crank down the slipper clutch, you can shred those pretty quick. The diffs look like they have too much play in them and strip out the ring and pinion gears. May want to open those up and see if you need to shim them up a bit. I'm sure the Revo boards have plenty of discussions on this.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:34 PM
BillA

I have both. I too got the LST first, an early version (#1197). What an excellent piece of engineering despite the minor flaws which have been rectified. I got the REVO because of a flight to the East coast and I wanted to have a Nitro truck waiting there to have fun with, without shipping my LST. The Revo is a great truck, just as reliable as my LST, slightly more nimble and easier (in my area) to find parts for, not that I break many. The Revo....it is the little brother to my LST which in my opinion is a better RC Truck overall and there is no question that the radio gear is superior.