Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

2nd spur gear "jiggle"

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 04:57 PM
SPIDYX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2nd spur gear "jiggle"

Hi to all i'm new, i have buy my LST today .
But i'm "stonished" when i have see that the 2nd spur gear jiggle [X(], this is normal or my lst have some lack?

See red mark!

Thanks in advance to all for reply!

PS: sorry for the english!

SPIDYX
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50247.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	243926   Click image for larger version

Name:	So42969.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	243927  
Old 03-14-2005, 05:11 PM
Sgt. Canada

Default RE: 2nd spur gear "jiggle"

WELCOME TO RCU!

I have that EXATCTALLY same problem, right when mine was out of the box. The gears moved EXACTALLY like you showed in those pics. The way I "fixed" mine was:

I took the slipper and 1st speed cam off the shaft, so that I still had the snd speed cam & it's clutch still on it. Then I pushed the black clutch as far as it could go into the 2nd speed casing that it was already sitting in. It made a 'click' when it fell in place. Then I put the 1st gear cam back on and the slipper. Tighten the slipper to 1 turn from out, and that should drastically reduce the amount of movement. The 1st speed spur was still wobbly on mine, but that was only because the gear itself was not molded correctly, it was sort of eliptical. The only way you could start that 2nd gear from wobbling again is to squeze the two spur gears together. You will hear a 'click' and it shoudl wobble freely. So all I figure is that if I don't put too much of a strain on the gears, they will stay in place.

Is your 70 tooth spur on molded straight?

The spurs shouldn't have enough pressure on them while running to 'click' it out again.

Hope this helps!
Old 03-14-2005, 05:46 PM
eye one

Welcome aboard.

ORIGINAL: SPIDYX

this is normal or my lst have some lack?

SPIDYX
According to Losi it is normal for this gear to have some play. It was explained to me it is designed to be "self-centering" at high RPM's and won't cause a problem.
Old 03-14-2005, 06:06 PM
SPIDYX

Many thanks for reply guys!

i don't worry now.

See ya

SPIDYX
Old 03-14-2005, 06:55 PM
wal

I just installed the nitrate spur and pinion set, the jiggle in the spur gear is more then with the original plastic ones. Trust me, as soon as you put any sort of throttle into them they will spin fine.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:22 AM
rcberetta

Does anyone know where to get the TiNi gear set? I have been on this infernal machine all night but everyone is out of stock. Meanwhile, my LST sits in the shop with gutted gears. HELP!!!!!
Old 03-15-2005, 12:28 AM
wal

ORIGINAL: rcberetta

Does anyone know where to get the TiNi gear set? I have been on this infernal machine all night but everyone is out of stock. Meanwhile, my LST sits in the shop with gutted gears. HELP!!!!!
Sorry mate, I am in Australia so I guess I can’t help. To rub salt into your wounds I as in my LHS today and he as a full set on the shelf.
Old 03-15-2005, 07:37 AM
deletethisacct

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger there RCB, I went ahead and got a set of stockers to replace my worn ones. Definately looking forward to those steel gears when they are available.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:21 PM
davie.b

I have ordered my "posh gears" and they will be here in the morning. Doesnt help i know as im in the UK ! Cant wait as my originals didnt seem to last long at all, but it does get a bit of a tough time.