Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

LST Diff cover questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 12:35 PM
mikewoodkozar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LST Diff cover questions

Okay guys, i see a lot of talk in this forum about the stock diff cases. The question i have is are you guys talking about the outer plastic cover i can see through the bulkheads, or are you talking about the actual diff cups inside the outer housings i can see through the bulkheads? I am trying to bulletroof my new LST i got last thursday (it hasnt even smelled nitro yet, its still really cold here in michigan). Any help would be great.
Old 03-17-2005, 12:43 PM
jamishmo

Default RE: LST Diff cover questions

In regards to the alum upgrade of diff cases, most people are talking about the outer plastic case. It breaks very very easily. Some people have talked about upgrading their inner case (the one with the spider gears inside where you can put silicone), but upgrading that case is much rarer and probably unnecessary.
Old 03-17-2005, 04:01 PM
FTWOTHTB

Can anyone recommend which aluminum diff covers to purchase. Is one manufacture better than another? Thanks
Old 03-17-2005, 04:12 PM
Sgt. Canada

Here or here

http://www.killerhobbies.com/Browse_...hed_-_Losi_LST

http://nitrohouse.com/options,_lst.htm

Hope this helps
Old 03-18-2005, 01:07 AM
wal

I went with the plan LST ones, no problems. Just watch your shimming, I had to put the shim on the other side and all is ok. I found it easy to do the entire job with the truck upside down, the LST cases do not have the TOP marking so be sure you put your new ones in the same way you take the old ones out. I didn’t with the rear and had to pull it all apart again.

ORIGINAL: [email protected]
I am trying to bulletroof my new LST
Sitting the he shelf at your local hobby shop with the original Losi seal still intact is the closest you will ever get to having it bulletproof [:@]but never mind they are exciting to break and cheap to fix.

Old 03-18-2005, 02:10 AM
johannkriel

How do you brake the cases? I've been running my LST up and over anything i can find with no problem? All i can think is that if you apply max brake at high speeds it might crack the casing. Any thoughts? Thanks!
Old 03-18-2005, 02:22 AM
SublimeJason
Banned

To Hard on the Brakes or Slipper to tight, I had a Crack in the Front case and didn't know till I put the Alum-ones on.
Old 03-18-2005, 05:25 AM
Mattcity

I broke the rear diff case landing uder power after a back flip, to much shock to the system, my fault but did look cool.