Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Losi Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

werks adjustable 4 shoe clutch!!!!! collari .30!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

werks adjustable 4 shoe clutch!!!!! collari .30!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 05:19 PM
BigBoyLST

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default werks adjustable 4 shoe clutch!!!!! collari .30!!!!!!

i just bought an collari .30 and a werks 4 shoe adjustable clutch and i want to know what you think about this combo for lst and how the lst handles with that engine. it has 3.5 hp at 36000 rpm so i think it will be alot of power but if you could tell me that would be great, thanks.
Old 03-20-2005, 12:03 PM
BLKHWK

Default RE: werks adjustable 4 shoe clutch!!!!! collari .30!!!!!!

I have this combo and have not yet had any issues with the truck handling the power. Depending on the type of surface your on it can be a little squirly @ WOT. I have recently sent my other .30 to RB mods and am looking forward to seeing how the new eng. performs. [8D]
Old 03-20-2005, 02:05 PM
BigBoyLST

can you wheelie from a dead stop? How fast can you get it up to
Old 03-20-2005, 08:06 PM
marksp
My Feedback: (9)

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

related question for those of us with this combo (Collari .30 + Werks clutch) - are there any issues with this installation? I've read a number of post referencing clutch bell shims, shaft lengths, etc. Can someone who has actually installed post a step by step? Much appreciated!
Old 03-21-2005, 09:50 AM
BigBoyLST

yeah that would be great thanx
Old 06-05-2005, 02:55 PM
HelicopterPilot

bump

has anyone created a guide for the werks clutch and collari?
Old 06-05-2005, 03:18 PM
Bungleaio

ORIGINAL: BigBoyLST

i just bought an collari .30 and a werks 4 shoe adjustable clutch and i want to know what you think about this combo for lst and how the lst handles with that engine. it has 3.5 hp at 36000 rpm so i think it will be alot of power but if you could tell me that would be great, thanks.
Don't take offence but shouldn't you have asked this question before you spent your money?
Old 06-05-2005, 05:27 PM
hobbyadict

Don't mean to be mean but do a search there was a thread about it a while back but if i remember correctly it goes like this

1. Different collet needed the one from dynamite(part # DYN0912)
2. Dremel need to dremel out case since flywheel is out father then the stock if you don't dremel it out the flywheel comes in contacted with that chassis
3. Ofna shim kit need to shim out clutch bell(part # 10099)
Old 06-05-2005, 08:01 PM
benifur
My Feedback: (4)

I have a collari in 1 of my LST's all I can say is WOW I am using a evny cluch sorry my truck handles it good but it's a heavy truck it'll lanch it off a 12'' in jumpump a good 4-6 ft high and 20 ft long no problem but doin' that it usually don't land so good but I got a big grin on my face
Old 06-05-2005, 09:35 PM
LeiserMechanical

I also just bought a Collari 30 for my LST and I am having problems with fitting the clutch assembly on the shaft. I see a few comments but nothing for certain, does anyone know of any sites with info?

Also the hand-held spin start that comes with the LST spins in the opposite direction needed for the Collari. I saw a picture of some type of adaptor on E-Bay today, but it did not specify and it came with the LST that was for sale. Any idea what that is called and where you can buy one?

Thanks.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:38 AM
Dnell

A link for a guide to the Werks clutch

http://www.twf8.ws/new/tech/options/...werclutch.html
Old 06-06-2005, 06:30 AM
Bungleaio

ORIGINAL: LeiserMechanical

Also the hand-held spin start that comes with the LST spins in the opposite direction needed for the Collari. I saw a picture of some type of adaptor on E-Bay today, but it did not specify and it came with the LST that was for sale. Any idea what that is called and where you can buy one?

Thanks.
I think the motor in the spin starter is just a standard 540 type with out any timing advance so you should just be able to reverse the polarity (change the wires round) on the switch or battery connector.

If the motor has got an advance, running it in reverse will reduce the torque and speed so you might not have the power to start the engine. This presents no great problem as you can just replace the motor with a standard stock motor (27 single). Although this will possibly need to be a reverse rotation one. It's been a long time since I've driven an electric, i can't remember which way they spin.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:04 AM
hobbyadict

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_2913059/anchors_2913059/mpage_1/key_werks%252Cclutch/anchor/tm.htm#2913059]here you guys go[/link]
Old 06-07-2005, 03:50 PM
motorpsycho502

I have a ported Colari .30 and Werks clutch also. All I can say is,,,, it is totaly BA all the way. I get about 37MPH but the torque is incredible. it wheelies even in second gear, sometimes pulls it up just from shifting into second. all my friends say that the power is the most impressive part of my truck.