Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

LST MONSTER video.

Old 03-23-2005, 09:50 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: LST MONSTER video.

Yup, the floor is concrete with carpet (no padding) on top of it. It's an old department store.

I break a-arms quite frequently from that jump when I botch a landing, but that's all I ever really break. I did however manage to break a shock shaft for the first time on that jump last weekend. All my axles, pins, outdrives, and hexs are stock (#633). I have broke a 1st generation chassis brace before on that jump, but haven't had a problem since I switched to the newer design.

I actually seem to break more stuff when landing in grass that on that carpeted concrete. Although grass is softer, I think that the heavy LST actually "digs into" the grass and soft ground and cause it to "hang up" when a landing is botched. On the concrete, the truck will bounce and slide when a landing is botched.

I think the key is to land rubber side down. I never break anything when I land on it's wheels. I run 45 weight oil in all four shocks with yellow springs, and have all four on the outmost holes in the tower and the arms. When landing on all four, it still doesn't bottom out, even from heights of 15 feet!
Old 03-23-2005, 11:57 PM
LSTGUY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dude...that was good! I like the pause in the backflips... sweet
Old 03-25-2005, 11:33 AM
4wheelin

I dont break much on grass, its the booze that makes me wreck.

And those meats havent busted yet?.....I'm afraid to run mine now after breaking one
Old 03-25-2005, 01:57 PM
Lantern

ORIGINAL: 4wheelin

I dont break much on grass, its the booze that makes me wreck.

That's great!! LOL!! [sm=lol.gif]
Old 03-28-2005, 11:23 AM
hdmax

jefx; You have got me sold on the LOSI LST monster truck after seeing the abuse you put it through. I would never dream of doing anything nearly as abusive as what you showed in the vid.

It looked as if you lost something off the truck a couple times in the video. Was it anything major?

By the way, great video, and tricks. One of the jumps in side looked as if you were nearly driving the truck on the ceiling. Now that would have been cool!
Old 03-28-2005, 12:17 PM
4wheelin

I knnow my sense of humor is a bit off, but seriously, Jeff, you have a flare for video/editing.....really a nice job and a very cool video......
Old 03-28-2005, 02:34 PM
jefx

ORIGINAL: hdmax

jefx; You have got me sold on the LOSI LST monster truck after seeing the abuse you put it through. I would never dream of doing anything nearly as abusive as what you showed in the vid.

It looked as if you lost something off the truck a couple times in the video. Was it anything major?

By the way, great video, and tricks. One of the jumps in side looked as if you were nearly driving the truck on the ceiling. Now that would have been cool!
That was my air filter popping off. It does that sometimes on big landings. I have a couple Motor Saver filters that are more rigid and less prone to falling off, but I like the yellow filter cause it matches my color scheme![8D]

The wing on my body broke off during the crash landing as well, but that's just cosmetic. At the end of the vid, I broke the 2 rear left a-arms, that's when the wheel came off, but it was only 38 degrees out that day so the plastic was brittle.
Old 03-28-2005, 02:35 PM
jefx

Oh and thanks for the kind words guys!
Old 03-30-2005, 10:10 PM
YanBooth

Nice!
Wish you would go bigger though, and do a ceiling scrape.

Yan
Old 03-30-2005, 10:27 PM
jefx

There are sprinkler heads all over the ceiling, and hitting one of those would be catastrophic. I had the jump lined up so that the truck would (hopefully) go between sprinklers if it were to hit the ceiling. I could have hit the ceiling (and even a bit higher if I wanted) but the place belongs to my friends Mom, and I didn't want to cause any damage. Hitting a ceiling tile would not only break the tile, but also damage the tile's support frame..........Plus the whole sprinkler thing.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:09 AM
MrWills

This is awesome, great Job!!!
Old 04-01-2005, 04:23 AM
jefx

Thanks!