Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

gettin' sorted

Old 03-21-2005, 08:09 PM
fastfreddie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gettin' sorted

so, i did a relatively quick break-in...nothing harsh.(there's a theory behind it). half way thru, the 'double a' rx pack is dying and i drive right into my trailer jackpost...snap both r/f a-arms. it was cold out, btw, and i was on pavement(truck ain't gonna spin around the post).
anyway, i buy the standard 5-pac and mount it in the lower battery holder...all's good.
then, the brakes lock up...figured i'd accidentally pushed too many of the wrong buttons...get that sorted.
burn out a glow plug(os8), install another.
more tanks of fuel(o'donnell 20) and thinking it should be shifting but, nothing! back off the shifter to 5 1/4 turns out, still nothing. read here about taking off slowly to hear shift point. sure enough, it's been shifting so soon into 2nd i never noticed it. i'll tighten it up 1/2 a turn and see what happens.
this thing rocks!!! it's x-mas all over again and i'm like 8(actually 44).
temps are under control, lsn is dialed in, i'm still a tad rich up top.
then...it won't go into reverse. batteries in controller are dying. i hope it's the low voltage. everything else works fine. could be i just hit some more of the wrong buttons too many times which gives me an idea. after sorting out my reverse problem(servo doesn't even respond), i'm gonna put tape over anything i don't need.
thanks to all who post the great info, particularly sgt.canada. he responded to my first post and gave me a lot to think about.
next up? gotta go do the roadracing thing with 'wera' this weekend(motorcycles). i'll come back, clean the truck, sort the reverse thing, get a rechargeable pac for the controller, gear cover, etc. and top it off with a ramp out of my neighborhood dirthole.[8D]
that's all,
and thanks.
Old 03-21-2005, 08:17 PM
Sgt. Canada

Default RE: gettin' sorted

Glad to hear you're having a great time with your LST. Every truck takes a little "tweaking" to get right, but once you get it right, the LST it a really great truck
Old 03-22-2005, 01:09 AM
BTXpress
My Feedback: (1)

off topic, but...

Freddie what do you race? Spent my weekend at Barbers with STT. First trackday of the year, I am out of shap eand practice. Ever been to Barber's? Whatya ride?

I dont race atm, considering taking Ed Bargy school next month for WERA licence.

Old 03-22-2005, 07:50 AM
fastfreddie

wera nationals.
will be endurance racing a kawi 600 this year and sprinting with my ducati superbike.
been to barber twice. first visit, high-sided the duc out of the dogleg on the backstraight...about 120-130mph. it was raining, no real damage to me or the bike(thank god). was sliding sooo long i had a conversation with myself! paced off the slide distance...150 steps slightly uphill![X(]

stt is a great club...monte's the best.

welcome to wera. if you haven't visited the bbs forums, you're in for a treat...no pc-ness there.
if you have, then you know what i mean.