Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

monster racing

Old 04-02-2005, 04:50 AM
zimzalahbim
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default monster racing

i have a question for the racers. is there a separate class for monster trucks and truggies, or do they all race together. and if they all race together, are monsters competitive? i am fighting a losing battle with my buggy. i love buggies, but the track really needs to be well groomed or you flip all over the place. i am a one man gang here with my track, and am getting sick of running back and forth flipping the dang thing over. anyway, if the losi can be made to be nimble and quick, i would like to get one. otherwise, anyonw know of a truggy conversion kit for a kyosho mp 777 sp1? i used to have a savage, and there is no way it would keep up with a buggy, but a truggy is a buggy with big wheels. thanks
Old 04-02-2005, 08:14 AM
JNS

Default RE: monster racing

theres loads of truggy conversions for any inferno but the LST is the most manuverable 1/8 MT on the market, the only truck that can argue that is the 1/10(technically 1/9th) Revo but the Conversions for a MP777 are kind of a get it as you see item i'll browse around and see if i can find any of the ones ive seen
Old 04-02-2005, 09:25 AM
ThermalRD

I'll be quite honest with ya man. I run with a guy that races a K3 truggy conversion. He has got to be the only guy taking his truck apart in between qualifiers, and before the mains. It seems like hes always repairing a diff. On top of that, the typical TRUGGY conversion leaves you with a short chassis, that wont handle the rough stuff all that well. Honestly, i've been incredibly fast with my LST in the past races. The super tight steering, and the extra weight, and better handling should give you an edge over the truggy on a really rough track. And as for your first question, they race them all together IF thats what the track decides. My local track decided on a center diff rule. Meaning if it has a center diff, its an outlaw. The Revo is the dominant force at my track. For a true racing MT i recommend the Revo first, then the LST. For an outlaw truck i'd recommend the LSP.
Old 04-02-2005, 11:09 AM
zimzalahbim
My Feedback: (8)

what is lsp?
Old 04-02-2005, 11:34 AM
dryvr

zim, lsp stands for Lightning Stadium Pro. It's made by hot bodies and Is a mean ride. I saw one at the battle at the beach last month. No one could hang with it, but the kid driving it is known for his driving skills. If you want a truggy, that's the way to go in my opinion. It's got a really low and wide stance and built for racing. If you want a racing monster truck though, I would go with the revo or LST.
Old 04-02-2005, 11:49 AM
kevinb456

i would have to say i like the lst better for racing. although i have no racing experience at a proper track, just a make-shift track with freinds, the revos just seem way too unstable, they just flip over at every corner. maybe the owner installed long travel rockers and thats affecting it or something, but it didnt seem to do too well in the corners

and of course the lst beats it int he straights.
Old 04-03-2005, 01:54 AM
numwiz

Hell, when the revo gets neck and neck with a lst, they tend to worry. The LST has a nice ability to run over em literally. I dont try to bump anyone, but I havent seen a race yet which two vehicles havent. The LST will eat them up.