Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Tell me why

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 12:31 PM
Halesowenkid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tell me why

Hi lads,
This monster truck sport is a minefield to me, so I need your help please.
I fancy ago with a "Nitro Monster Truck" but which one to buy I don't know. I've been asking around at various model shops in the UK to what make and model I should buy, and everyone of them have different opinions on the ones I've looked at, with excusses on reliability, build quality, performance and spares. I've looked at the Revo, T-Maxx, Savage 25, Savage SS, Cen 46 and Losi LST.
So over to you lads. TELL ME YOUR REASONS FOR BUYING A "LOSI"
My wife visits our daughter in the States this month, so make my mind up for me and I'm sure my darling will treat me?
All the best - Mike

Old 04-02-2005, 12:39 PM
HPIDUDE

Default RE: Tell me why

tell me why you cant do a search for the thousand other times this has been posted
Old 04-02-2005, 03:23 PM
kevinb456

give him a break lol. every situation is differeent. this isn an archive for people to just search in and nothing else. its a forum, it would just be dead if no one asked questions.

personally, although i am obviously biased towards the LST (and honestly think its the best truck available) i think you should narrow your search down to savage 4.6 (new savage available in the USA), revo and LST.

of these it depends what you are looking for from your truck. of course i am going to recommend the losi lst as im sure everyone else will, it really is the best truck. the savage by most accounts has better durability, but it really stops there. the lst has everything else, and if you get a later model, almost all of the problems with it have been sorted.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:53 PM
Atomic LST

Well I have owned all the above except the CEN...reason I got the LST was because the funky 8 shock getto setup got old. I like the funky getto style 4 shock setup. Also the LST seems to be laid out very nice compared to the Savage..you dont have to take it all apart to work on it. Just my though on it.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:36 PM
slasher

i picked the losi over the others because of chassis layout.this makes this truck very easy to wrench on.secondary reason was the shocks .
Old 04-03-2005, 03:14 AM
Halesowenkid

Thanks lads,
Your replies, they are being a great help to me with this new rc venture.

The choice is narrowed down to the LST and the Savage 46.

Still more research for me to get on with before the wife flys out to the States
Keep them coming.

Mike
"The grey haired old git in Birmingham"[sm=lol.gif]
Old 04-03-2005, 04:28 AM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Of your list, the only two I'd recommend NOT getting are the Tmaxx and CEN. I own a Tmaxx, and it has been a horrible experience. The CEN looks neat, but I've never really heard anything good about it, mostly bad stuff.

The Savage is a solid and very durable truck. You shouldn't be dissappointed with it. However, it's kinda clumsy in the handling department. It's tipsy and sluggish feeling.

I bought the LST because it is innovative. It's part of the new breed of MTs that are breaking away from the Tmaxx and Savage based designs. It's made by a company who has a great reputation and a long history of race winning vehicles.

Besides the obvious shocks and layout of the truck, the truck impressed me with it's compact all-metal transmission. I can drop in any engine available, and not have to worry about "beefing up" the tranny or diffs, like you would with most trucks.

The slipper clutch is simply the best slipper ever designed for an R/C. It's fully adjustable, it's rugged, and it works.

It comes stock with a very capable (and impressive) Mach .26 engine which powers the truck into the low 40's, and pulls wheelies on demand.

It has two steering servos, which means if I ever decide to upgrade, my power/speed choices are endless. And the stock ones are better than just about every other truck out there.

The radio gear is not only the best ever offered in an RTR, but it's also a popular upgrade for all other vehicles which come with inferior models.

The LST just has everything that I could possibly want in a MT, and it has the potential to become whatever I may want it to be in the future. It's just an all around awesome truck.
Old 04-03-2005, 11:18 AM
mtdriver

I don,t think that I could add any more than jefx has done

I think he has summed it up very well there.

I have a savage a nitro mt2 and the losi LST

They all have their good and bad point but overall the losi comes top in my books

again it is down to your personal choice and the application you are going to use it for

As I can confirm the savage is an awsome bashing machine but as for racing it well it does not cut it

against the likes of the revo and lst in racing.

hope that helps as well
Old 04-03-2005, 12:32 PM
Halesowenkid

That's it lads, it an LST for me.

You have all been a great help to this grey haired old git from Birmingham UK.

Thankyou,

Mike

P.S. If you know where the best deals are in the UK or USA, post me. [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 04-03-2005, 01:21 PM
mtdriver

pm'dwith some details for you
Old 04-03-2005, 01:21 PM
joules

Jefx really has nailed it. The LST is great. I read a quote on here that broke it down in 2 sentences.
The LST is a better basher then the best racer out there, and it is a better racer then the best basher availaible.

It really is a jack of all trades. I want to be able to race my buds on sat, refill the tank and take it to the construction site and beat the crap out of it.
Old 04-03-2005, 03:34 PM
fourwheeler

I bought the LST cause I gotta have all of 'em
Old 04-07-2005, 05:49 AM
GBR012

Bear in mind what radio comes with you USA LST. Do a google search for more info. The following has been cut and pasted from an other site (Aircraft related).

"The 27 MHz band is legally shared by other users, in particular, model cars, model boats and citizens band operators. It may still be used for model aircraft but great care should be taken by model flyers, especially near urban areas. Many clubs in this situation have found the need to ban this frequency band from their flying fields on the grounds of safety.

The 35 MHz band is SOLELY for model aircraft and under no circumstances must it be used for any other purpose, such as the control of surface vehicles.

The 40 MHz band is SOLELY for surface vehicle use and under no circumstances must it be used for the control of model aircraft"

I have an LST which I bought via the internet for £449, by the time you add import duty at customs, it may be less problematical to buy within the UK. Returns will be easier.

LST parts are easily available over the internet, even my usual R/C shop carries spares.

Although it's the only nitro model I have owned, I would highly recommend it!
Old 04-07-2005, 02:29 PM
Lantern

The LST is big and nimble for its size.......just like me!!
Old 04-07-2005, 02:36 PM
Halesowenkid

Nice one Lantern,
I see it comes with balloon tyres?
Cheers Mike