Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

I Love racing =)

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 01:47 AM
numwiz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Love racing =)

My second time racing today. Went very well. I was up against some racers doing this for years. Awesome racers. Learned alot. The main was 20 mins and 2 LST finished. BTW only two of the 9 MTs were LST's. Though I did have a bit of a problem in the 2nd qualifier which kept me from the 3rd. A part in my tranny broke. The repair on it was completed by the time the main came up. This was a very interesting day. I did finish 4th. I plan to only get faster. I had to laugh cause my vehicle was the only one with no bowties on.

BTW does anyone have a clue how to make your hand from twitching while racing? My hand was twitching uncontrolably on its own. I guess is was because for the first couple laps I was concentrating very hard on keeping in first place. Got their due to others making a small mistake and tieing themselves up a bit. I now know that the LST likes to go over wrecks he he.

I also wish that we had the capabilities to take pictures as things unfold. For example. A Revo and I came out of the last tight corner in mid track and we were entering the straight runs. Sure a revo is fast, but I have to say not as fast as a LST. Since the revo beat me around the corner he had me atleast by 6 cars. I made up some distance by first corner, second corner we were close to each other with me in front a bit, guess he kind of corrected, we bumped. The revo literally went right over the wall between the pits and track. Would have made for a nice still shot.
Old 04-03-2005, 08:37 AM
Atomic LST

Default RE: I Love racing =)

Your hand was twitching? Maybe you were just excited from raceing. Next time just take a roll of duct tape and tape your remote arm down to a chair or something...then it wont twitch!
Old 04-03-2005, 09:44 AM
ThermalRD

Default RE: I Love racing =)

Racing is alot of fun. As for the twitching, you were just nervous, and shaking a bit. Just calm down, drive smooth. Focus only on clean laps, without mistakes, and avoiding traffic. That will help alot. As for driving over wrecks, and pile ups, your track really shouldnt allow that. When drivers get impatient, and do that, thats when marshalls get hurt, and end up taking their time getting to the original wreck. But im sure you'll learn that when you end up marshalling a race, and some guy comes thru and hits ya while yer cleanin up the wreck. Anyway, keep at it. Racing is fun, and addictive.