Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Countdown to LST

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 09:20 PM
ncgrunt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Countdown to LST

Well, I'll be ordering a LST here in about 2 weeks, as classes finish up for us. Here's what's on the list so far:

LST (duh)
ofna micro failsafe (duh)
alum. diff cases
secondary gear cover
RPM A-arms
Rx pack

Anything big that I'm missing?

Ok, now, a few things.

1. Can somebody link me or give me a part no. for a pullstart for the Mach .26? And what size are the screws that hold it on (so I can replace the stock phillips ones)

2. I know about the onlybatterypacks.com 2 pack 2400mah setup, but I think I remember seeing somebody mention a 2400mah single pack, anybody got a link?

3. What plugs do y'all run in the Mach .26?

4. My only experience is with ball diffs... in these, heavier weight oil is basically like having a ball diff tighter, right? What weights do most of you run?

Oh, and will somebody do me a favor an measure the diameter of the body posts on your LST? I want to know if the RPM body savers will fit it.

I think that's all... for now. [&:] 336 hours to go, dunno if I'm gonna make it
Old 04-09-2005, 06:19 PM
kevinb456

Default RE: Countdown to LST

nothing missing there as far as i can see. i also personally bent alot of tie-rods, so i would say get titanium tie-rods, but not many other people seem to bend hem as much as me.

1. not sure

2. havnt heard about the single 2400mah pack, doubt you can get that much into 2/3AA cells. but the onlybatterypacks.com back is definatly a very good hop up.

3. i run OS #8, as im sure alot of others do, very good plug.

4. yes, heavier oils make it 'tighter' (more of a limited slip) ie more power to the wheel that has grip. 30,000 and 50,000 are common weights. i run 50,000 rear and 30,000 front.

not sure about the body posts... tired, cba right now lol.

enjoy it when it arrives! man the anticipation must be killing you

PS take the washer out
Old 04-09-2005, 06:30 PM
MN_Wild

No idea why you would need 2 battery packs. I have a single ofna 1400 pack and it has never died on me. Last saturday I ran 3/4 gallon and it still didnt die. I use 30K wt oil in the diffs.
Old 04-10-2005, 12:11 PM
ncgrunt

Well I went on a search through the forum last night and found this Rx pack (2500mah): http://teamhelotes.com/~main/catalog/i30.html
Seems like I had seen a 2400mah one as well. I want the higher capacity pack so that I can hopefully run most of the weekend without need to recharge. A 1100mah pack can do that for my GT, but I'm sure the LST is going to suck a lot more power...

I was eyeing the Lunsford titanium hinge pin & turnbuckle set for the LST, looks nice but dang, it's expensive. Does Losi make titanium turnbuckles for the LST? They aren't listed in the manual I downloaded. Either way I'll probably hold off on that unless I have a huge problem with them.

Oh and would you guys say it's worth going ahead and upgrading to the HP brake pads?
Old 04-10-2005, 02:10 PM
Ram008

The screws for the pullstart are 2.6mm x 8mm. You can pick them up from either Sportwerks or Dubro sells them in a pack.
Old 04-10-2005, 05:39 PM
kevinb456

hot racing do titanium tie-rods. they are about $30. ive got them, havnt run them yet but look top notch.
Old 04-10-2005, 07:40 PM
MN_Wild

This is what I use to charge my receiver pack. It finishes in about 45 minutes to an hour. I also have a power inverter in my car so I can charge when im out running if I need to.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:09 AM
hdmax

To get the best and longest lasting charge. You need to do a trickle charge, which means to use a charger that takes 4+ hours to fully charge the battery.

If you want a battery pack that will last all day reguardless how much you run the truck, then get something like this [link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=44028&item=5968923772]Battery pack[/link] and here is another one that comes with the charger for a little less [link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=19168&item=5968923946&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW]Battery and charger[/link] I am sure there are others that are as good or better, but with 10 cells compared to the tipical 5 cells, you should get a lot longer run time.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw66709.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	148.4 KB
ID:	256917  
Old 04-11-2005, 01:34 PM
ncgrunt

The pack I linked to a few posts ago has a greater capacity than either of those...

Anyway, charging isn't a problem. I have a Duratrax Intellipeak, I just prefer no to mess with it.