Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Losi Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Diff Oil thickness for LST racing and bashing

Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Diff Oil thickness for LST racing and bashing

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 11:20 PM
Mako3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diff Oil thickness for LST racing and bashing

Hey I have some sand in my diff oil and they are leaking, so what kind of diff oil thickness do you suggest I get for my LST.

Thanks,
Mako3
Old 04-30-2005, 12:02 AM
slasher

Default RE: Diff Oil thickness for LST racing and bashing

30k to 50k silicone diff fluid seems to be the most popular.i run 50 front and back in my basher
Old 04-30-2005, 03:27 AM
Marcy G

Hi there Mak03, i started a thread like this yesterday and so far i got a descent response. Professionals were saying the same as slasher 30k-50k fluid.
When i get my LST i will put 30k-50k fluid in them, but i am still wondering how do they perform to the stock setup? do they make the car still pull wheelies? what fluid make did you buy? and what is your exact fluids in your front and rear diffs?
Many thanks
Old 05-01-2005, 05:12 PM
Mako3

30-50k well are you guys trying to say 30k front and 50k back? Or do u think 50k front and 30k in back is better? In my savage I have right now 7k front and 5k back and I love tht setup, but do you think 30k front and back for a LST is fine?

Thanks,
Mako3
Old 05-02-2005, 08:13 AM
biggdawg800

I put 50k in rear and love it just makes it a little hard to turn on accel cause the wheels lift up but lots more traction and wheelies for me I had 50k in front too but too aggressive for me i just run grease in it now. I am just a novice may put some back in front when i get more exp.