Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

SH 28 clutch issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 06:19 PM
MrGame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SH 28 clutch issue

ok i think i'm having a problem with my clutch, because no matter how low i set the idle the truck still jerks forward, does anyone know what it might be? i checked my trims and idle and the engine is not set to lean and it's only on the 3rd tank of breakin
Old 05-08-2005, 06:48 PM
biggdawg800

Default RE: SH 28 clutch issue

sounds like a broken clutch spring or 2 to me. pull the clutch bell and check it out.
Old 05-09-2005, 05:16 AM
Black_Angel

I have had the same situation all 3 shoes was broke. Now i bought aluminium clutch (ofna) but i don' t have it yet
Old 05-09-2005, 09:37 AM
kevinb456

yeah most likely what these guys said, as a replacement i would suggest savage shoes and springs or mugen shoes and springs, but i would not recommend the ofna aluminium setup or replacing with the stock setup.
Old 05-09-2005, 02:38 PM
Nitronutt
My Feedback: (2)

Skip the OFNA and go with either Nova or Mugen Aluminum shoes. If you want a higher/harder launch go with 1.1 mm springs if you want nearly stock rpm engagement, go with 1mm springs. With an SH, avoid the plastic Savage shoes like the plague! You'd roast 'em in a tank or 2. I've been running the Nova aluminum in my SH for just over 2 gallons and am very happy with them.
Old 05-10-2005, 10:06 PM
mplst

oh man, i just installed a set of ofna's aluminum shoes. what's gonna happen? do they wear out fast, slip too much or eat my clutch bell and bearings?
Old 05-10-2005, 11:06 PM
Nitronutt
My Feedback: (2)

They get better grip than the stockers. They will simply wear out faster and require redressing (Filing burrs) more often than the others above.