Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Installing HP brake pads LST?

Old 05-17-2005, 07:22 PM
FTWOTHTB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing HP brake pads LST?

I was reading these forums regarding the addition of HP Brake Pads to help braking conditions. Looking at pictures it looks like you need to remove the transmission, is that true or is there an easier way? Thanks DBM [8D][8D]
Old 05-17-2005, 08:11 PM
adrian_b

Default RE: Installing HP brake pads LST?

I did mine the hard way - without removing the transmission - and it was a **** of a job. From all reports it's much easier and quicker to remove the transmission and put your HP pads on
Old 05-17-2005, 08:53 PM
Casper78

Beleive me the 5 or so bolts to take the transmittion out is a peice of cake should only take 5 - 10 min
Old 05-17-2005, 09:12 PM
hobbyadict

ORIGINAL: Casper78

Beleive me the 5 or so bolts to take the transmittion out is a peice of cake should only take 5 - 10 min

ya the first time i did it it took me probly 3 hours cause i didnt kno that if u unscrewed the shock tower it all comes off ya i would have saved my self 2 1/2 hours of work!!!
Old 05-18-2005, 05:00 AM
simmyoto

way way easier to tke the tranny out, itshould be like a 15 minute job total, one word of warning- wen replacing the collet that goes throuth the discs - part b3128 p 19 of your manual be fery sure to tighten the grub screw FT (fully tight or f*****g tight as we like to say) good idea to use some blue locktight, if not you will have the same problem as me- first time you use the brakes you will end up with the discs slipping off the back of the collet and not operating.

In addition you will probably need to adjust the End point adjustment on the radio- the HP pads seem to be slightly thinner than the metal ones, because of this if you dont adjust the epa the brakes will be veruy poor.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50312.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	273081  
Old 05-18-2005, 06:22 AM
FTWOTHTB

Thanks to all who gave their advice. I all looks scary the first time doing something and it helps to have the support of many different ideas and experience.. Thanks again to all who helped..DBM