Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

tell me you .... I ADDED A VIDEO!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 12:46 PM
LoSiSuPeRtRuCk
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tell me you .... I ADDED A VIDEO!

this is a new top from hpi at the 2005 RCX SHOW![img][/img][img][/img]

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65505.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	274879   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql35215.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	274880  
Old 05-22-2005, 12:58 PM
MrBillUp

Default RE: tell me you wouldnt want this.....

If Losi made 1 then I would say yes, but no I would'nt want one lol!
Old 05-22-2005, 04:18 PM
RabidRacer

HELL YES!!!! thats the coolest thing ive seen in a long time

there also is a halo warthog body for mini t
Old 05-22-2005, 04:23 PM
hobbyadict

to bad its just a top!!
Old 05-22-2005, 04:40 PM
Bungleaio

Thats a great idea. it makes the truck appear bigger than it is. The one MAJOR drawback however is, when the truck (or should that be quad) is flying upside down at 30mph, the only thing you know for sure is going to break is the riders neck. That shell is goona be wrecked on the first days bashing.

Give me a truck shell anyday. But thats a cool looking idea.
Old 05-22-2005, 06:01 PM
RabidRacer

its a good show truck body but the first time you roll it the guy will go flyin off
Old 05-22-2005, 06:36 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hell yes I want one! I've been wanting a Banshee body for a long time. The one in the pic is a Kawasaki 700, but at least it's a quad shell. I've posted several times over the last couple years about info on quad bodies for R/C trucks. I'm glad someone decided to do it. I'd like a blue and white Banshee body with no rider please!
Old 05-22-2005, 07:13 PM
ncgrunt

Looks good, until you land upside down and break the guy's spine

I'd rather have a HMMWV/Humvee body any day. Semi-off topic: will Savage/Tmaxx bodies fit the LST? I know Proline has a couple of Humvee bodies for them, but all they have for the LST is the pos H2.
Old 05-22-2005, 07:31 PM
SublimeJason
Banned

I would Like One, I think thats a Cool Body!
Are they for sale yet.
Old 05-22-2005, 07:58 PM
Cal-Torque

As my kids would say, that's gay. Why would I want a truck to look like a quad? It all comes down to personal taste I guess, but I would be embarassed to drive my RCs with that lid. No biggie either way, I just don't like it.
Old 05-23-2005, 06:56 AM
Bungleaio

ORIGINAL: ncgrunt

Looks good, until you land upside down and break the guy's spine

I'd rather have a HMMWV/Humvee body any day. Semi-off topic: will Savage/Tmaxx bodies fit the LST? I know Proline has a couple of Humvee bodies for them, but all they have for the LST is the pos H2.

You can fit savage/tmaxx bodies on the lst but they don't fit 2 well, they are a bit 2 short
Old 05-23-2005, 09:54 AM
Nitronutt
My Feedback: (2)

The savage body is shorter and more narrow than the LST body and the quad in the pic above is on a Savage. Does look pretty sweet, though. I wonder how much weight it adds (Because it is probably plastic - could be really strong!) and how top heavy that makes the vehicle.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:10 AM
agge

they need to make that body w/out the driver - and make it so full size G.I. Joe figures (the 12" figurines) can ride
Old 05-23-2005, 07:05 PM
jefx

ORIGINAL: Cal-Torque

As my kids would say, that's gay. Why would I want a truck to look like a quad? It all comes down to personal taste I guess, but I would be embarassed to drive my RCs with that lid. No biggie either way, I just don't like it.

I own quads. In fact, part of my reason for getting back into R/C were the constant advertisments for RCCA magazine inside of my Dirt Wheels magazines. I finally picked up an RCCA mag and have been back into R/C ever since.

I would love to be able to model my LST after my beloved Banshee, just as so many others do by modeling their R/Cs after their full scale counterparts. I do think that the plastic rider is a bad idea if you actually plan on driving your truck with the body on, and I'm also not overly fond of the Kawi 700, but I think it's a start in a good direction for those of us who have been asking for quad shells. I'd be willing to bet that a decent percentage of R/C truck enthusiasts also have interest and/or experience in ATVs.
Old 05-23-2005, 08:08 PM
Cal-Torque

As I said, it's all about personal taste. There's a lot of cross-interest in motorsports, so I can see how some people would like it. It's just not for me...too toyish, and non-functional. Real quads are cool though... I had a dirtbike a few years ago, but couldn't get out of the city enough to justify having it.
Old 05-23-2005, 08:25 PM
jefx

ORIGINAL: Cal-Torque

As I said, it's all about personal taste. There's a lot of cross-interest in motorsports, so I can see how some people would like it. It's just not for me...too toyish, and non-functional. Real quads are cool though... I had a dirtbike a few years ago, but couldn't get out of the city enough to justify having it.
A quad shell is definately a special interest item. I'd imagine the only people who would like it are those who have a strong interest in quads.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:53 AM
mattymoe

I'm with Jefx on this one. I take my Lst to the dunes with me all the time when i ride my Banshee. If i could get a Banshee body for my Lst, that would be the shizzle![8D]
Old 05-24-2005, 11:47 AM
Nitronutt

They are all toys, Cal-Torque- Just some cost more than others.

Jefx, hows this for cross interest: I've got 2 DB's (CR500 & KDX 400), 1 ATV (Polaris Sport 400), 1 Waverunner (Tigershark Daytona 770), 1 Boat (Imperial V190), 1 Streetbike (CB550SS), 1 LST, 1 Savage and 1 RC10T and a 30' (Prowler TT) Camper to get me out to where I can use them all!

Boy, I am into powersports, huh?
Old 05-26-2005, 08:57 PM
LoSiSuPeRtRuCk

Default RE: tell me you .... I ADDED A VIDEO!

check out this top in action,[link]http://www.hpiracing.com/movie/web_kfx.wmv[/link]
Old 05-26-2005, 09:02 PM
SublimeJason
Banned

ORIGINAL: LoSiSuPeRtRuCk

check out this top in action,[link]http://www.hpiracing.com/movie/web_kfx.wmv[/link]
Good Vid,
I Really Hope they make One that fits the LST.
Old 05-26-2005, 09:05 PM
LoSiSuPeRtRuCk

i know, if they did that would be the best. i wanna trade my LST for a SAVAGE just to have that set-up! someone hurry up and make one before i trade my LST.
Old 05-26-2005, 09:10 PM
jefx

ORIGINAL: Nitronutt

They are all toys, Cal-Torque- Just some cost more than others.

Jefx, hows this for cross interest: I've got 2 DB's (CR500 & KDX 400), 1 ATV (Polaris Sport 400), 1 Waverunner (Tigershark Daytona 770), 1 Boat (Imperial V190), 1 Streetbike (CB550SS), 1 LST, 1 Savage and 1 RC10T and a 30' (Prowler TT) Camper to get me out to where I can use them all!

Boy, I am into powersports, huh?

You've got a KDX 400? So do I!.........I've never seen another one besides mine. It's a rare bike. I think it was only made for 2 years.

I've got my Banshee, a Honda 250R, the KDX 400, an RM 250, a Ski Doo 670 SS, a Yamaha Exciter, an EZ Go golf cart, a '76 F-250 4X4, an LST, a MGT, and a .26 Tmaxx. Plus I operate big yellow Earth movers for a living. I know just how you feel!
Old 05-27-2005, 08:31 AM
fourwheeler

A sneak shot of something by Pro-Line...

Old 05-27-2005, 10:15 AM
Nitronutt

FOR ALL OF YOU THAT DID NOT WANT THE RIDER- HE IS REMOVABLE!!!! (See the end of the video!).

Jefx - I bought that KDX 400 for tight woods riding (My CR500 is such a racing, raging beast that it overheats in the slow tight stuff). My KDX needs all kinds of parts and is kind of a beater (The previous owner put this really cool and quality patch on the expansion pipe - note the sarcasm). It also needs swing arm bearings- so much so that you can feel the back end flex when you get on it on pavement (And it also popped the front sprocket retainer nut off and stripped the threads - It has a hose clamp holding the front sprocket on and has held up for a few years, now!). It works great for what I bought it for, but probably needs a rebuild.

My Honda on the other hand is spotless. I rebuilt EVERYTHING a few years ago and it has maybe 10 hours on it since then. It has such rediculous power (Stock piston & bore, Boyeseen Rad Valve, FMF Fatty exhaust) that I can sit on the tank (I am 6'3" and 350lbs) and I can wheelie in gears 1-4. No wonder they eliminated that class in Supercross & motorcross - overkill. We have a state forest where (with a 3 year $8.50 sticker) you can ride your dirtbike or atv as often as you like. It has 7 miles of whoops, turns and straights. It is about 30 mins from my house, so I get there when I can. The last time I was there, I saw a guy running his T-maxx in the parking lot and over a few whoops. I wish that I had brought my Savage (No LST at the time) to show him what power and speed were.
Old 05-27-2005, 01:58 PM
AKFireMedic

WOW!! I thought that was really gay looking untill I saw the video!! I love the way the rider guy "floats" around on the quad when it's jumping, turning, etc. Very cool.[8D]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.