Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Mach .26 not running right... advice...

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 02:30 PM
littlebuckeye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mach .26 not running right... advice...

After searching this forum I really didnt find anything similar to my issues...

My Mach .26 has about 2 gallons through it. I put on on the bench for a few weeks after our indoor season finished. For some reason I left some fuel in the tank (this is not normal for me as I after run oil it and clean it after every outing) Now it will start up and Idle for several seconds and then as soon as I give it a little throttle it dies. I went back to the factory settings and same thing. I replaced the glow plug and same results. Engine still seems to have great compression. Any suggestions? Could it be way to rich? I even let it idle and warm up for some time. It has run awesome in the past but now it wont even get past idle...

Let me know what you think...
Old 05-23-2005, 04:32 PM
RabidRacer

Default RE: Mach .26 not running right... advice...

first try leaning it out.

check the fuel line for hole

check for air leaks

seal up the engine
Old 05-23-2005, 05:59 PM
Bluegrass Hobbies

did you dump the fuel or are you trying to use it? fuel takes moisture out of the air if left in a vented container(fuel tank). this will make it almost impossible to run it sometimes, if you leave fuel in the tank always dump it before trying to run again.

Old 05-24-2005, 06:47 AM
littlebuckeye

Got it guys! Thanks for the help. I leaned it out and now it is back to running as normal. Somehow it was way way to rich with the factory setting on the HS needle. I figured it would be after reading some posts on here. I am surprised to see a lot of the bashing of the Mach .26. I have had good luck so far with it. It seems to have outstanding power too. Thanks again for the suggestions. I am just glad I got it back running again!