Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

best engine for lst?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 02:56 PM
brandon17617

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best engine for lst?

what is the best engine for the lst? i am willing to spend 400 bux so which is the best? i was lookin at the collari .30 but i couldnt find the specs on it. so if anyone has a link or something that would be cool if youd post it. but if there is one better than the collari .30 please post a link. thanks in adavance.
Old 05-30-2005, 03:03 PM
Sgt. Canada

Default RE: best engine for lst?

Well, when you say "best", there are many things to take into account. But if you're willing to spend $400, get one of the best you can! Never tried it, but rb engines are supposed to be excelent.

https://rbmods.net/rbshop/product_in...0c40cdd05063ca

Or you could buy one, like the Picco .27 and get it modded from rb mods.
Old 05-30-2005, 03:49 PM
brandon17617

when i say best i want the engine that is going to make my car go the fastest, accelerate the fastest, and be easy to tune, and have long engine life.
Old 05-30-2005, 04:30 PM
RabidRacer

ORIGINAL: Sgt. Canada

Well, when you say "best", there are many things to take into account. But if you're willing to spend $400, get one of the best you can! Never tried it, but rb engines are supposed to be excelent.

exactly what do they do and how much more speed and power will a picco .27 have after there done with it? how much does it cost to do it
Old 05-30-2005, 04:50 PM
MountainMotor
My Feedback: (7)

Hey Brandon I have a post in the MT forum listed under who makes the best engines and I'm starting to get some responses so if you wanna look at it, it might help a bit. I too am looking at a bigger engine for my LST and I've been hearing good things about the Collari .30, SH .28, Novarossi .28, Picco .27 and a couple of others. I have a poll going so stop in sometime and see where it's at.
Old 05-30-2005, 05:05 PM
Sgt. Canada

ORIGINAL: RabidRacer

ORIGINAL: Sgt. Canada

exactly what do they do and how much more speed and power will a picco .27 have after there done with it? how much does it cost to do it
They polish all the insides for better flow, they probably also bore out the cylinder a bit more and I think they sometimes cut some more ports, but I don't know for 100%. But I know for a fact that all their engines put out much more HP and become very efficient. You'll have to e-mail them for a quote, each engine is different.

read this, there's a bit about rb mod'd engines

http://www.lstcentral.com/modules.ph...ewtopic&t=1299

Hope this helps

Hey guess what? This is my 500th post !!!
Old 05-30-2005, 05:32 PM
ncgrunt

I think it costs $100 to have the mod done on an engine. I'm sure it puts out more power but IMO it's just not worth it unless you have plenty of extra money. And remember, when it's time for a rebuild you'll have to send it back to be modded again...
Old 05-30-2005, 06:13 PM
brandon17617

i just searched for that title "who makes the best engines" and there isnt anything by that name. what is the exact title?
Old 05-31-2005, 12:37 AM
MountainMotor
My Feedback: (7)

It's in the MT general forum, here's the link.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/Who_...3021446/tm.htm