Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Oval Track Setup

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 05:25 PM
ahspots

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oval Track Setup

Anyone have any idea on setting up a LST for a oval track. The track will be 100ft long with 75ft turns. Right now my LST has 35wt oil in the shocks, med oil in the front and hevier oil in the rear diffs, Brts w/pentos, carbon fiber chssis, 2 hitec titanium servos for steering, steal gears, alum diffs, werks carb w/9mm throat, rd logic pipe, stock motor, Losi high performance break pads, sway bars(heavy), titanium turn buckles, and large tank. Right now it is set up for our off road track. I know that the savages and storms are faster then mine on the staight aways, so what would be my best option. Bigger motor? I'm planning on running light oil in the diffs, stiffen the right side shocks, forward only conversion. I was also thinking about running bigger tires on the right side and smaller on the left side. However I cant find the right size to do it with. I dont want to run Brts on the right and 40s on the left I think it would be too much of a variance. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-01-2005, 05:19 PM
ahspots

Default RE: Oval Track Setup

come on guys help me out
Old 06-02-2005, 08:14 AM
AlphaAuriga
My Feedback: (17)

I used to run electric oval cars like the Custom Works dominator.

Lower the truck alot. Limit the shock travel alot as well. Definitely stiffen the suspension

As far as speed goes, thats going to be engine or gearing.

Have you run it on the oval track yet? Is the shift point set correctly? Would a gear change help?

Also, how does it handle on the track? Does the rear end swing around in the corners?

Other than speed are there handling issues?

ORIGINAL: ahspots

Anyone have any idea on setting up a LST for a oval track. The track will be 100ft long with 75ft turns. Right now my LST has 35wt oil in the shocks, med oil in the front and hevier oil in the rear diffs, Brts w/pentos, carbon fiber chssis, 2 hitec titanium servos for steering, steal gears, alum diffs, werks carb w/9mm throat, rd logic pipe, stock motor, Losi high performance break pads, sway bars(heavy), titanium turn buckles, and large tank. Right now it is set up for our off road track. I know that the savages and storms are faster then mine on the staight aways, so what would be my best option. Bigger motor? I'm planning on running light oil in the diffs, stiffen the right side shocks, forward only conversion. I was also thinking about running bigger tires on the right side and smaller on the left side. However I cant find the right size to do it with. I dont want to run Brts on the right and 40s on the left I think it would be too much of a variance. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-02-2005, 09:57 AM
ahspots

No I have not run the track yet. So I have no idea if the shift point are set right yet. It wil be a dirt track. They will start to build it after we complete this season. 2 races left. Thanks for the info AlphaAuriga.