Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

where to get aftermarket brakes

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 10:43 PM
brandon17617

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where to get aftermarket brakes

ok so dont even tell me to use the search button at the top!!!!! I ALREADY DID IT!!!! AND I DID NOT FIND WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR AT ALL!!!!! so here is my problem the brakes are too touchy, so all i need to know is where to get some different brake pads or something to make the brakes more progressive and not on or off. i would appreciate any help!!! if everyone has such a problem with people posting stuff why dont someone have the administrators of this forum delete the threads that have like 50k replys and the stuff that they are talking about at reply 50k is not realivent to the title of the thread. just a thought.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:09 PM
analogy134

Default RE: where to get aftermarket brakes

Read here and here. I found both of these threads using the search function and I've only been a member of this forum for 24 hours!!
If you're not willing to read a bit and learn what you want to know, maybe this isn't the hobby for you.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:37 PM
brandon17617

maybe u are not the one to tell me which hobby is or is not for me. hmm something for u to think about. i do not know why everyone is so anal about new threads you people need to freakin relax!!!!!!
Old 06-01-2005, 11:40 PM
analogy134

I'm just bustin' your balls since you started the thread being so worried about what people were going to say to you about your post.

Did you read the two links I posted from the search? They have a link to a good set of aftermarket brakes.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:12 AM
pointblank

If your truck is new the thick ON/OFF feeling of the brakes will go away after about 6 tanks. Play with your remote a bit and adjust the expo on the brake. It should help lessen the responsiveness. The stock brakes are good but not great they should last you about 3 gallons or more, depending on how heavy you are. The links by analogy134 will help too. Good luck.
Old 06-02-2005, 06:23 AM
AKFireMedic
My Feedback: (2)

Stock rotors and Losi HP pads work great.
Old 06-02-2005, 08:47 AM
wilhit_al

Well you have a couple of choices. One the High pro. brake pad kit from Losi

[link=http://www.teamlosi.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=LOSB3606]Losi High pro. pads[/link]

And the other is a carbon fiber disc set from vertigo

[link=http://www.vertigoperformance.com/products/LST/0005.html]carbon fiber pads[/link]
Old 06-02-2005, 10:08 AM
dOWa423

The stock breaks do work almost too good right out of the box. However you don't need to spend $$$ to fix it. Just adjust the radio.
Old 06-02-2005, 09:25 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After about a gallon or two, my stock brakes were very good. They are just too darn grabby when they are new. After some wear and some Tx adjustments, they smoothed out alot while still maintaining awesome stopping power.

Just for craps and laughs, I bought a set of the Losi high-performance pads from my LHS because they were cheap and it was an impulse buy. I sanded down my stock brake discs (which had several gallons of use on them) to make them nice and smooth before installing the high-perf pads.

Anyway, the Losi high-perf pads are super nice! They work great with the stock discs, but I'd suggest smoothing out the discs before using the pads. They are super smooth, and can be adjusted to be very progressive. They still have more than enough stopping power to flip the truck if wanted.

You can get them at Horizon, or your LHS.
Old 06-02-2005, 09:40 PM
brandon17617

i havent ever done anything with my brakes, so i am wondering if they are difficult or time consuming to instal. do u have a part number or something for those pads? how much are they? i know that there are many sets available so i dont wanna get the wrong one and be pissed off with myself.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:39 PM
pointblank

If you installed the .30 yourself and your truck still works, you can take off the brakes and pads in about 15 minutes. As for the part #'s go search on Horizon, or killerhobbies, their pages are simple to locate products...I mean we can tell you how to go to the bathroom, but we won't hold it for you.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:01 AM
SublimeJason
Banned

ORIGINAL: pointblank

If you installed the .30 yourself and your truck still works, you can take off the brakes and pads in about 15 minutes. As for the part #'s go search on Horizon, or killerhobbies, their pages are simple to locate products...I mean we can tell you how to go to the bathroom, but we won't hold it for you.
Thats Funny!

The Losi HP Pads are the Best,And there Cheep!
But out of Stock- http://www.horizonhobby.com/Shop/ByC...rodID=LOSB3606 -
Try Here- http://www.killerhobbies.com/Browse_...LST_-_LOSB3606