Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Window Tinting?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 09:13 AM
watchout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Tinting?

Does anyone know what works good to tint the windows of your RC cars? I tried some sprycan stuff that the LHS had a long time ago and it was way to thin and ran into the other paint. Will regular tint film that you can get at AutoZone stick to the surface ok?? Thanks
Old 06-10-2005, 10:41 AM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Window Tinting?

I used Tamiya "smoke paint" for a tinted window effect. Just did a few very fine layers. Turned out pretty good, and didnt run into the other colours.
Old 06-10-2005, 11:24 AM
SublimeJason
Banned

ORIGINAL: watchout

Does anyone know what works good to tint the windows of your RC cars? I tried some sprycan stuff that the LHS had a long time ago and it was way to thin and ran into the other paint. Will regular tint film that you can get at AutoZone stick to the surface ok?? Thanks
I've heard that the Regular film Tint will work, With out Messing up your Paint,I'm going to Try it on my next Body.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:59 PM
agge

Please let us know about the real tint. I'd be worried about it melting from the heat if anything. I am still turned off by the "spray" window tint - its bled through 2 of my bodies so far.. one was a heavy coat (my bad) - one was a light coat - but it still bed t hrough a little.

Old 06-10-2005, 01:05 PM
Bluegrass Hobbies

parma has a water base airbrush window tint that wont bleed into the other paint, but you do need an airbrush.
Old 06-10-2005, 10:27 PM
AlphaAuriga
My Feedback: (17)

SUPER simple if you have an airbrush. I just take black paint and shoot the black from about 16" very lightly. I check it against the chassis to make sure its dark enough. Easy to go with light coats till you achieve the "darkness" you seek.