Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

throttle return spring

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 09:06 PM
brandon17617

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default throttle return spring

i just installed the sirio .30 on my lst and the carb is a little differnet than the mach .26, so i had to move thetie rod like thing that opens the throttle servo to the otherside of the hi/lo nobby thing. and now the stock location of the spring does not pull the carb shut or back to idle so i was gonna move the spring back to the gas tank mount but that did not allow the servo to open the trottle all the way. then i was going to try to move it further up that tie rod like thing but it either fell off or pulled the carb to tight so the servo wouldnt open it all the way or it wouldnt close the carb back to idle. so i have come to the conclusion that i should get a stonger spring and place it in the stock location just like it is on the mach. but does anyone know if there is a stronger spring for this application or does anyone have any ideas that may help me out? this problem its not so sever i cant run the truck it is just more annoying than anything. i thought about cutting the spring but i thought maybe i shouldnt because than maybe the spring wouldnt recoil like it should. more or less it seems like no matter where i put this spring it either doesnt close the carb to idle or it doesnt allow the carb to open all the way. i thought about maybe getting a stronger servo but i have a really strong and fast servo on there so i thought no way, it would be cheaper and easier to replace the spring. any input would be great. has anyone else ran into this snag with installing a new motor on the lst or any other truck? ive heard it is not and uncommon problem.
Old 06-12-2005, 10:21 PM
Bud Morrison
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: throttle return spring

You need to go to a standard throttle brake horn setup like on an 1/8th scale buggy and ditch the LST servo saver type setup.
Old 06-12-2005, 10:23 PM
brandon17617

Default RE: throttle return spring

link to where i can buy one please.