Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Lookin For Arm Advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 07:44 PM
stuberger
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lookin For Arm Advice

OK..let's see what ya'll feel is the best way to go and what brand to use...on arms that is... I have tried Dynamites alum arms and after bending one of the upper ones in a screw-up, I am now trying Integy's adjustable upper arms with the Dynamites lowers...and before I go any further with arm purchases...like getting Integy's lowers to match ....is it good to go with alum? Is the plastic ones, like from RPM, better than alum and is it only a weight issue or more? Which manufacturer of alum arms for the LST are the best and which is the best for plastic? And yes, there is also ti arms but that is really getting $$$$ and I already have went boinkers on the spending thing....damn I love to buy parts....lol!

I want upper adjustability
I don't mind the extra weight...with a dialed in engine and good racing/bashing skills...weight isn't too much of a issue...unless the arms weigh a kizillion lbs!
I want durability
and of course looks as well.....

so?
Old 06-15-2005, 07:51 PM
Devilmanak
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Lookin For Arm Advice

Aluminum arms are a waste of money, unless you are going for looks. Dynamite/Integy are low quality aluminum junk, no if's ands or buts. Unless you can find QUALITY, machined aluminum arms, (UE for Maxxes) then you are going to bend them. Once you do find quality arms, you will then break other parts down the line. SOMETHING has got to give. RPM arms all the way.
Take it from a guy who just sold his $2500 all-aluminum Supermaxx, there has got to be a breaking/flex point somewhere along the line. The energy from hard crashes has to go somewhere!
Old 06-15-2005, 08:04 PM
stuberger

Devil...you mentioned UE...is that a company...so Dynamite and Integy's alum parts are crap...or just the arm thing???? I have some of Dynamite's other parts for the LST. I have been noticing that the other LST racers/bashers are using the RPM's...is it true that a upgrade is recommended for the adjustable camber rod? And is RPM the best out there now? Damn...I have to think about selling the alum arms I have now on ebay!!!!
Old 06-15-2005, 08:20 PM
RCtruckRacer

Unless you get the Flex-tek titanium arms... they have a bit of bend and should transfer less energy to surrounding parts. However, I could still see the need to upgrade to TiNi shock shafts, aluminum shock shaft ends, aluminum tie rod ends, aluminum c-hubs etc etc after the upgrade.

If you are bashing, and can afford it, I say go for it!

If you are racing, depending on what race you go to you're truck might only make the unlimited class - there is a weight limit in the MT class for the RC Pro series... I think it is 13 1/2 lbs. Not sure of that since my goal is to have a more nimble truck than stock, not necessarily more power. i.e.: Carbon Fiber and Titanium to replace as much steel as possible!
Old 06-15-2005, 08:27 PM
stuberger

Well...I already have these alum parts:

C-hubs
spindles
chassis braces both rear and front
bulkheads
steering arms
shock ends and lower mounts
fuel tank posts
shock towers
HD Losi chassis and plates

But ti is outta the question for now...so is RPM the way to go...even with all the alum I got...would the alum c-hubs and spindles act well with the plastic RPM's?
Old 06-15-2005, 11:26 PM
dinohuntr

Get the RPM arms.

End of debate.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:20 AM
Bud Morrison
My Feedback: (8)

RPM arms with lundsford 5x40 camber links. Dont even mess with the camber links that come with the rpm arms as they are junk.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:09 AM
RCtruckRacer

OK! I have been waiting to hear about this... Someone at my track busted one of those camber links on his first run, right after they came out. I decided to stay away from them untill I saw that the titanium ones were available.

Now, I went to the Lunsford site, and did not see the camber links. Are they under the 'bulk titanium" section? If so, what is the width and which type of screw works best (i.e. cap head, flat head etc). Or did I just miss it?

Thanks!
Old 06-16-2005, 10:36 AM
Bud Morrison

You just missed them. I broke 2 of the stock ones the first race I had the rpm arms on.
Now I have lifetime garanteed arms and lifetime garanteed camberlinks. Its round $100.00 for the arms and lunsford links.

http://www.lunsfordracing.com/catalo...le_2684248.htm
Old 06-16-2005, 10:54 AM
RCtruckRacer

Thanks! You da man!
Old 06-16-2005, 11:07 AM
2DMaxLST!!

I too ordered mine. thx rm-rf.

I've been doing fine with the 303's that came with them by installing them the way I do, not the way the instruction said but when I hear of people snapping them......... It's was time to get the Ti Lundsfords.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:15 AM
Bud Morrison

Our local track has a real tight infield section that I attack pretty agressivly. I cut one of the corners a bit to tight and cased a pipe pretty hard and snapped the stock camber links right off. It also broke one of the rear bearing carriers at the same time
Old 06-16-2005, 02:30 PM
AKFireMedic
My Feedback: (2)

Yep, RPM's and lunsford. The stock RPM turnbuckle is junk.
Old 06-19-2005, 09:28 PM
Jayphred

I use the New Era arms. They are beefier than alot of the other alluminum arms. Probably would have tried the RPM's but they weren't making them at that time. I beat the daylight out of this truck. I consider mine fairly bullet proof right now. I don't break carriers or anything. Just occasionally pop the rod ends off. I've never bent a New Era arm either.
Old 06-19-2005, 09:31 PM
Bud Morrison

W000H0000
Just made it through the first race weekend without busting anything on the LST.
Even finished 3rd in the feature