Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

A few Questions for u

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 01:50 AM
blzrx02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few Questions for u

ok here goes...anybody who runs the rb logics pipe whats your opinion of it and i am running mach .26 with 30% fuel what is a good plug to run with that i ran 20% and O.S. 8 in my last one but this one seems to burn up the 8's any suggestions would be much appreciated love to have this sorted out for race day
Old 06-16-2005, 06:21 AM
Bud Morrison
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: A few Questions for u

Drop back to 20% or add some more shims under the head to run the 30%.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:02 AM
rcblaze

The logics is a good pipe on the LST.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:03 AM
RCtruckRacer

The answer to your question requires another question... Do you bash, or do you want to get into racing? If the latter, stay away from the RD Logics pipe - The double stinger makes it illeagal. The exception might be the unlimited class. I don't run in that so I am not sure.

Anyway, I bought one before I found out that it disqualified my truck for the production MT class. I saw a huge increase in power. It was almost too much! The mach is a total screamer with that pipe. If you only race club races, or bash, it is totally worth the price!
Old 06-16-2005, 10:34 AM
Nitronutt
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: rm-rf

Drop back to 20% or add some more shims under the head to run the 30%.
The Mach doesn't need extra shims for 30% (Most big blocks do fine stock with 30%) unless you hear a popcorn sound when running.

In terms of plugs, I use the McCoy MC9 and the Megatech Q-Series Offroad. Both perform flawlessly with both 20% and 30%. If you are damaging plugs (Forcing the coil up into the plug) then you are running too lean. Running too rich can foul them, but typically will not destroy the coil.
Old 06-16-2005, 10:40 AM
Bud Morrison

I snabbed a tankfull of 30% from a friend of mine and it was pocorn right away. I just stuck to the 20 cause I didnt feel like messing with shimming up the head.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:04 PM
blzrx02

whats the popcorn sound mean???? i heard that once but wasnt sure what it was 2 other trucks running same time i was
Old 06-16-2005, 12:11 PM
2DMaxLST!!

Re-tune for 30% and you will wonder why you didn't make the switch a long time ago. I run it exclusivly. I would also suggest a colder plug with it also like a MC-9 or A-5. I like R-5's when I can find them.

Edit: I don't mess with the shims either on the Mach.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:18 PM
Nitronutt
My Feedback: (2)

Popcorn sound means pre-ignition (The fuel is exploding far enough before TDC that it is reducing power) If you continue to run in this state, it is only a matter of time before you have a hole in your piston.

rm-rf, I broke my Mach (And my SH) in on Trinity 30%. I have 1.5 gallons on my mach and more than 3 on my SH and have not had any pre-ignition issues with either one. At any point, did you lose or remove any of your stock shims? Are you sure it was 30% (Not 33% or higher?)Typically, the smaller engines (.12's, .15's and .18's, etc.) have issues and require shimming to run 30%, but as a norm, the big blocks don't.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:47 PM
Bud Morrison

Nope that was the engine right out of the box after it was broke in. It would have needed at least one more gasket in the head before I would have ran 30% in it for any length of time. I have since ran it some more and may try some 30% in it again now that its a lil looser. But then again I been real happy with the performance of it with the trinity 20% so I may not bother. Ya have to keep in mind that these engines are all machined within a set of plus and minus tolerances. I dont know what they hold things to while machining but .005 on a head button can make a diffrence in compression. So ya take the tolerance in rod length. the tolerance on the crank pin. the tolerance on the head button and on the block deck and you can get quite a variation in engine performance. If you have ever ran a mess of one brand and model of engine for a long time you will find that once in awhile you get one that hauls the mail and once in awhile you get one that should be a boat anchor. Its all in the machining tolerances and which end of the tolerances they went on the combination of all the parts. Then again theres always the few thousand parts that were out of tolerance but someone in a quality dept decided they would work and aproved them for assembly hehehe.

Old 06-16-2005, 01:50 PM
Bud Morrison

I once purchased an airplane engine made by a very reputable manufacture got it home and found the glow plug hole not to be tapped
Old 06-17-2005, 01:48 AM
blzrx02

2d thanx for the plug suggestion i appreciate it will pick some up tomorrow...and everyone else who responded thank u as well hopefully the weather in south Florida will cooperate with us and let us get some racing in on Saturday (turned down the chance to work overtime to go race damn i am sick)