Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Truck Stand

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 07:32 AM
Big-Kid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck Stand

I'm looking for something good to prop my truck on so I can work on it or even just to start her up on. What are you guys using or would suggest? Who sells MT car stands? I saw the Trinity one, but I think it was like $40. Not bad, but I was looking for something a little better for that price.

This thing is so big, that i've been having a tough time finding something that works.

Thanks for the tips[8D]!
Old 06-25-2005, 09:25 AM
rorhound

Default RE: Truck Stand

I haven't done it yet, but I'm planning on biuilding one out of 1/2 sch 40 or 80 pvc. four 90's, four tee's and a few feet of pipe should do the trick. I'm going to glue some rubber to the rails where the truck will sit to keep it from sliding around. If it doesn't work like I think it will then I'm only out a few bucks. Right now I'm using two 4X4 blocks stacked for a bench stand.
Old 06-25-2005, 10:22 AM
icenutz

I use a small box wrapped in duct tape. It fits between the wheels and is great for starting on. It cost me nothing.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:31 AM
FTWOTHTB

I saw one on E-Bay for $32.00 made of I think 1/4 in SS tubing. Looked like a great deal and have thought about purchashing one myself. I have tried the one that I made of PVC tubing but I think the one on E-Bay would be great. Give it a look....E-bay # is 5983585851
Old 06-26-2005, 08:06 AM
benifur
My Feedback: (4)

I got a block of wood but when working on a truck it only lasts long enough to get the wheels off. I found it a hassle and in the way you got to be turning your truck upside down all the time to work on it .so I don't use a stand and realy thick buying one would be a waste get a block of wood or the box idea is good. when working on axles and cvds stuff you don't have to turn it upside down to work on most of the time I set it on the tire I took off
Old 06-27-2005, 12:42 AM
BLUERACER

here check this out. http://www.modelflight.com.au/team_l...ster_stand.htm
Old 06-27-2005, 06:08 AM
Big-Kid

Thanks for the suggestions and tips guys> And thanks for the link Blueracer. I've seen the Trinity stand, but not with a truck on it. I wasn't totaly persuded to but it, especially at that price.

I could use a block of wood, box or bricks, but i'm just wondering if there is something better out there? I spent $600 on this great truck, I wouldn't mind spending a bit more to also get something great to work on it.

I'll still be on the lookout[8D]
Old 06-27-2005, 09:00 AM
simmyoto

I have the trinity stand and i find tis very stable, i like the fact the pin positions are adjustable so i can use it on my other cars as well, very solid stand bit pricey i admit but better than a block of wood by far!
Old 06-27-2005, 04:11 PM
AKFireMedic
My Feedback: (2)

Keep checking back. I have something in the works that should be availible in the next couple of weeks. It will be a very durable, very custom stand made specificly for the LST and should be very afordable as well. More details to come.
Old 06-28-2005, 05:32 AM
Big-Kid

Thanks AK Fire Medic, thats good news to my ears