Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

WHY???????

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 03:15 AM
ahspots

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHY???????

I need help. Last night I ran my truck and went throgh 4 glow plugs. I have a new piston and sleeve installed and broke it in last week. engine temp is around 230-250. I tried 2 #8 and 2 McCoy 59. Running 20% nitro. Air filter is clean. Did I have a run of bad luck or am I missing something. Thanks
Old 07-27-2005, 03:36 AM
Devilmanak
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: WHY???????

If it ran fine (or ran) before changing the p/s, then start there. Are all the head shims still in the engine? Why did you change the piston/sleeve? If because dirt got into the engine, then there is likely still dirt in the engine, unless it was flushed well. Also, is your rod bushing worn? If the crank pin or bushing is sloppy, it will make the engine eat plugs.
Better yet, what did the plugs look like after they went bad? Element defomed or even gone? This would indicate either too lean or detonation.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:37 AM
Devilmanak
My Feedback: (1)

Also, I had an S7 that used to eat them, the rod bushings, upper and lower, were disintegrating and killing plugs. Did you damage the upper bushing when changing the piston?
Old 07-27-2005, 04:32 AM
ahspots

I changed the p/s because the motor would die after it warmed up and would not restart. I had 6-7 gallons threw it, and I race it in the sands of Kuwait. The motor was cleaned prior to reasssyembly. The glow plugs looked fine except one snd the element was gone, all the bushings looked fine, I did not mic them or anything. I guess that could be the problem. I will race it this weekend and see what happens. If it gets hungry for glow plugs again I guess Ill buy same new parts. Thanks for thr help
Old 07-27-2005, 03:56 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was the plug that was missing the element one of the first to go bad? If so, than that's probably the answer. The old element that fell out has probably disintegrated inside the engine, and the metal shavings/dust from that element are probably attaching themselves to the elements of the new plugs and burning out.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:50 AM
ahspots

thanks for the info I hope that was it.