Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Super-Charger

Old 08-05-2005, 08:21 PM
BLUERACER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super-Charger

Has anybody attached a Super-Charger to thier motor ? if so how well does it work
Old 08-05-2005, 11:04 PM
benifur
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Super-Charger

I put one on the genesis and I think it lost power. Sure looks cool. It's a bling thing. a very expencive bling thing.
the gen is deligated to shelf queen most the time ( I can't get parts locally) so when it break I have to wait. Besides the LST's on a bad day will run circles around it on a good day.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:06 AM
jandsrc
My Feedback: (2)

I was told that you could not supercharge a glow driven motor. Not sure if that is tru tho. Would like to try it but Dnag that is expensive.
Old 08-06-2005, 03:29 AM
PeteOz

I was talking to a bloke in the LHS last week that has a Savage with a supercharger, I told him what I thought of the theory and why it wouldn't add much. He says the manufacturer says it will add 15% power, but he reckons it has added more Maybe it has, naybe it hasn't but it looks cool sna he's happy with it, so I guess it was money well spent...
Old 08-08-2005, 12:51 PM
Nitronutt
My Feedback: (2)

The only way the supercharger can add power is by pushing more of a "new" mixture into the combustion chamber. Without the supercharger, The piston goes up and sucks the new charge into the crankcase. When it goes down it closes the intake and pushes the new mixture into the combustion chamber. Most (not all) of the burnt mixture is pushed out. Then the cycle repeats. With a supercharger, the volume going into the crankcase is greater (More compressed). When that mixture goes from crankcase to combustion chamber, the great volume and greater velocity may push more of the burnt mixture out, but it cannot truly "supercharge" the combustion chamber of any 2-stroke engine that does not use some type of valvetrain (Nearly all of them do not).

I would say that maybe you might see 3-5% increase in power. It is possible the person claiming a 15% tune can't tune properly and that the supercharger got him closer to a correct tune.
Old 08-09-2005, 07:38 PM
red233

i agree with nitro nut
Old 08-09-2005, 07:59 PM
benifur
My Feedback: (4)

Deto..... you can't force more than they suck. maybe with some re-engineering of the crank and sleeve it could help. otherwise IMHO it's drag on the flywheel slowing everything down. YA know friction is the enemy
Old 08-09-2005, 09:43 PM
raykessler

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_27...tm.htm#2719353

please do a search next time, not only does this thread discuss the exact same topic it also points to about five other threads that talk about it, and you could find at least 10 more if u looked hard enough

to sum it up, its a wast of your money, if you really want more power take that $160 that you would have spent on it and put that money twords a better more powerful engine

superchargers, NOS, cold air intakes, and any gimiks like that are all useless
Old 08-09-2005, 10:30 PM
BLUERACER

I dont care how many times the question gets asked, there will always be a different opinion So please let me ask what I want thank your raykessler
Old 08-10-2005, 03:17 AM
petrolpixie

you would be better off spending that money getting the motor ported to the max.
you would get more gains out of it too
Old 08-10-2005, 04:13 PM
raykessler

no blueracer there isnt a different opinion, the opinion has been, is, and will always be that they are a wast of money.... find someone who says otherwise and can prove that it helped in a sufficient way without damaging his engine then ill buy one for you
Old 08-10-2005, 07:18 PM
BLUERACER

Ray maybe you did'nt understand what I ment. I'm not trying to argue about wheather the super chareger works or not, I'm TELLING YOU as long as I pay for the internet connection on this end, that I will ask any question I want, So the next time you see a tread that has already been posted don't waste your time telling me, or for that matter anyone else to search more befor they ask a question, So the next time you see a tread that starts with "Super" close your eyes and click your heels three time, and if you wish hard enough and long enough you will just be plain old ray with no power to dictate what I ask or the rest of the people who pay for their connection may ask, so no need to reply, but if you should like to go ahead because you pay your bill also[sm=lol.gif][sm=tired.gif]
ORIGINAL: raykessler

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_27...tm.htm#2719353

please do a search next time, not only does this thread discuss the exact same topic it also points to about five other threads that talk about it, and you could find at least 10 more if u looked hard enough

to sum it up, its a wast of your money, if you really want more power take that $160 that you would have spent on it and put that money twords a better more powerful engine

superchargers, NOS, cold air intakes, and any gimiks like that are all useless
Old 08-10-2005, 07:47 PM
raykessler

im not saying you cant ask the question, so theres no need to get pissy, im saying that they dont work and everyone says they dont work, i answered your question and i pointed you to several other places that will answer your question

oh and you keep saying that you can ask any question you want because you pay for your internet connection, but you dont pay for the server space that this post is being stored in, and this thread is a horrible wast of space

and by the way your acting extremly juvenile, i answer your question, and then say that there is other info about this, you yell at me, yah real mature
Old 02-19-2008, 04:14 PM
jad11383

only to some one that knows what they are doing it works... i have one on my savage 25 and its like a 28... you just have to tune it rich because all it is doing is leaning out the motor..
Old 02-19-2008, 06:33 PM
full maxx

I say no... it is a waste of money ...like jad said it will lean out your engine greatly so you have to compensate by making it richer which will use twice as much fuel with no power increase ...your best bet would be to get a lrp .28 spec 3 or like petro said send off your mill and get it modded which will give you a lot more power , cooler temps and better fuel economy for about half the price
Old 02-19-2008, 06:38 PM
jombo

ORIGINAL: BLUERACER

Has anybody attached a Super-Charger to thier motor ? if so how well does it work
you should get one from what i hear they work like a second engine is strapped to your truck
Old 02-19-2008, 11:22 PM
ExtremeNitro

DO NOT BUY! Run away as FAST as you can! http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=5785494
Old 02-20-2008, 01:32 PM
Grits

My 2 cents. I won't expound on suprecharged 2 stroke glow engines, plenty already have. The first power increase readily available is fuel with a higher percentage of nitro. Next in line is a tuned pipe. A tuned pipe is designed to create a negative pressure at the exhaust port and suck the burned hydrocarbons and a little of the fresh incoming charge from the cylinder and then, at design rpm, create a positive pressure wave to stuff the fresh charge that was sucked out back in. This is design basics but it works. The next in line is a new engine and last is a new engine with mods. I guess multiple engines could be considered.
That's the order of upgrades I have gleaned from reading the forums, not just this one, and would follow. There are a few people that insist supercharging and nitrous oxide injection work but there are far more that disagree. There must not be much gain as I haven't seen any in public. If they were that hot of an upgrade I think they would be seen a lot more. Maybe this was a nickles worth but this is my opinion only, I speak for no one but myself. People may agree with me or not, that's their opinion.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:46 PM
iexion

[:@]..... the dredded " does the supercharger work question "

the answer is NO. No its doesnt and NO it never will. The whole point about there being alot of other post asking the same question... there ARE alot who ask the same things and the answer is always the same.
if you have money to spend on crazy upgrades then get one of these www.bukupower.com

I have also email'd the company who makes the RC superchargers and still have yet to get a reply back.

The only thing it will cause your engine to do is waste fuel. Switch to 30% fuel, get a better exhaust and change the gearing.... all of those will give you more power then the "supercharger" and will cost less.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:03 AM
drunkenjustin

ORIGINAL: raykessler

no blueracer there isnt a different opinion, the opinion has been, is, and will always be that they are a wast of money.... find someone who says otherwise and can prove that it helped in a sufficient way without damaging his engine then ill buy one for you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0sho...eature=related < go to that one and go to this one> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r44IJ...eature=related i'll be takeing that free supercharger
Old 03-01-2008, 08:34 AM
str8jailbird

Jesus, calm down folks! Supercharger question asked and answered! Now a different spin on it. If a higher Nitro content gives more bang for the buck then does a direct NOS injection actually work on these micro Nitro platforms??? I understand that Nitro works better in these small engines not because they have more "power" than gasoline but because there is already more Oxygen in the fuel (hence the Nitro). I keep seeing more and more of these direct Nitro injection kits for these engines and can't help and wonder if there is that much of a benefit. There has to be a plateau for displacement/combustion. Is this just overkill and another "bling thing"???
Old 03-06-2008, 10:15 PM
romper4444

Nos does work quite well on nitro's, but superchargers don't, you can't actually "charge a 2 stroke combustion chamber" there is no valvetrain, is simpe physics. you can only speed up the fuel/air charge coming in.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:22 PM
IL2mSturmovik

Old 03-06-2008, 10:31 PM
iamnot

ORIGINAL: jombo

you should get one from what i hear they work like a second engine is strapped to your truck
+1
get one as soon as you can scrape the cash togeather
best thing you'll ever do for your truck
Old 03-06-2008, 11:32 PM
IL2mSturmovik

ORIGINAL: iamnot

ORIGINAL: jombo

+1
get one as soon as you can scrape the cash togeather
best thing you'll ever do for your truck

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.