Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

always something

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 02:26 PM
LoSiSuPeRtRuCk
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default always something

ive got every (neccesarry) hop you can get and then i start breaking other things. its like no matter what if you fix the weak link something else becomes weak. yesterday i destroyed my rear diff, then today i stripped something in the tranny. went to give it gas and "weeeeeeeeeeeee. so ill strip that down sometime next week. for those with the FOC does this cause less or more stress to the drivetrain? im only using the s-25 too, if im stripping stuff now what will happen when i get my collari .32[X(][X(]

EDIT: all i do is bash so im gonna get the VP diff lockers for more power to the wheels. i rather swap cvd's than rebuild diffs. its about the same price and swapping cvd's takes me about 2min comments?
Old 08-13-2005, 02:43 PM
Devilmanak
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: always something

Check your spurs, I thought my tranny went and it was the spur. (Unless you have ti ni gears.) If your diff was in an aluminum case and shimmed correctly, it shouldn't have gone out. I have been using a Novarossi .28 for a while, now an RB .28, and the diffs have held up fine.
You are going to be replacing driveshafts regularly if you lock the diffs, it is very hard on them. If you are just bashing and ndon't care when it breaks, not an issue, but if you are racing.....
The cvd's are the weakest link on the truck, even the updated ones like to blow the joint. Mine did, Firemedic's did.
Old 08-13-2005, 03:24 PM
jandsrc
My Feedback: (2)

Welcome to the world of R/C. I have owned over 15 different nitro powered R/C and it IS always something. Breakage is an unavoidable circumstance with R/C. Good luck. It will all work out.[sm=RAINFRO.gif]
Old 08-13-2005, 04:40 PM
LoSiSuPeRtRuCk
My Feedback: (-1)

yea i have the tini gears. its def my tranny. my diff cases are fine i have the alum ones. i noticed that the 4 screws came loose and allowed the diffs to move around, then it ate my plastic diff cup. i did a search for an alum one but no luck. everyone talks on how lock diffs decrease turning radius. i dont really care about that but how much? will it really slug to turn or it just wont be as crisp and sharp?
Old 08-13-2005, 05:26 PM
SublimeJason
Banned

ORIGINAL: LoSiSuPeRtRuCk

yea i have the tini gears. its def my tranny. my diff cases are fine i have the alum ones. i noticed that the 4 screws came loose and allowed the diffs to move around, then it ate my plastic diff cup. i did a search for an alum one but no luck. everyone talks on how lock diffs decrease turning radius. i dont really care about that but how much? will it really slug to turn or it just wont be as crisp and sharp?
That Happened to One of my Diffs, I think its From Over-Filling them with Oil,
Then when you Driving the Oil has No room to Ex-pand, So it Pushes on the Screws, I re- Did the Diff and Only put Enuff Oil to Cover the Top of the Gears.
So far so Good,I check them After a Month and they where Fine so I'm Happy.