Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Losi Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

LST Transmiter setup, NEED HELP PLEASE..........

Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

LST Transmiter setup, NEED HELP PLEASE..........

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 01:52 PM
dragon108

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LST Transmiter setup, NEED HELP PLEASE..........

I have just install the Dynamite throttle & brake system, it working grate but the only problem I have now is that the response from the throttle is to touchy, even a little pressure on the trigger will sent the truck of like a bat out of hell. Now for the question. How do I adjust the setting on the transmitter so that when I give the trigger a little pressure I can get the truck to crawl if I want it to, rather than take off! Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:31 PM
2DMaxLST!!

Default RE: LST Transmiter setup, NEED HELP PLEASE..........

I say set your exponential rate on throttle to -30% and try that.

Hit Scroll on your radio till you see EXP, then hit channel to toggle between THF(throttle brake) and ST (Steering). When you have it on EXP - THF hit decrease to -30% and test to see if you like it. Use negative values to decrease responsiveness.

Old 08-26-2005, 03:15 PM
Devilmanak
My Feedback: (1)

Whatever you do, DON'T go changing things without knowing what you are changing! I do service work for my local hobby shop, and you would be amazed the amout of trucks that have come in that have had the mixing turned on, on the radio. Imagine hitting full throttle and having the tranny shift into reverse! (Yes, it breaks shafts, quite common.)
Old 08-26-2005, 03:23 PM
2DMaxLST!!

I thought I was pretty clear on what to change. I run -30% EXP on my steering and -20% on my throttle. Should I not have suggested this??
Old 08-26-2005, 08:11 PM
Nitromitry

I also run on my steering, can't remember what. Definitely -%
Old 08-28-2005, 12:21 PM
dragon108

Thanks for the info will give it a try.
Old 08-28-2005, 03:49 PM
pointblank

ORIGINAL: 2DMaxLST!!

I thought I was pretty clear on what to change. I run -30% EXP on my steering and -20% on my throttle. Should I not have suggested this??
Watch out! That is pretty tricky, you might really jack something up. LOL I'm at about -35% on steering and -25% on the throttle, BLOWS out of the hole like no other.
Old 08-28-2005, 09:23 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: dragon108

I have just install the Dynamite throttle & brake system, it working grate but the only problem I have now is that the response from the throttle is to touchy, even a little pressure on the trigger will sent the truck of like a bat out of hell. Now for the question. How do I adjust the setting on the transmitter so that when I give the trigger a little pressure I can get the truck to crawl if I want it to, rather than take off! Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I may be wrong, but it sounds as if you may have the "Throttle Dead Band" (TDB) set too high. If it's set too high, just the slightest touch of the throttle trigger will instantly open the carb slide to whatever position is programmed in the radio (which could possible be as much as half throttle).
Old 08-28-2005, 10:06 PM
bentgear

Yep, a touch will give you 1/2 throttle and 1/8" will give you full. Its so interesting how a JR plane radio requires positive expo to calm everything around center and the car radios require negative to do the same thing.

Ed M.