Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

help my servos twiches and goes crasy

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 06:32 AM
ethanhunter
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help my servos twiches and goes crasy

Hi,

I just got a new lst. But I notice my servos start twiching and interfering when I turn on the controller. I tried switching to differnent channels with no luck.
Anyone knows whats going on? Iam using AA battiers, when I turn on the controller the servos starts to twich. Please I need some advice on what to do
Old 09-17-2005, 06:54 AM
Devilmanak

Default RE: help my servos twiches and goes crasy

Mine did the same thing, when the controller was near the truck, or if I turned the truck on first, then the radio. There was a delay to get control of the truck or something, it did strange stuff. I think it has stopped, since I changed out the steering servos to Hitecs. One of the 590's went bad early, it may have been glitching or something. Look in the manual, and synchronize your steering servos, if they are fighting each other, which you should be able to hear, they can get a feedback loop going to the rx and cause interference.
Old 09-17-2005, 08:40 AM
balsanova

The first thing is to make absolutely sure that your receiver and transmitter batteries are good, even if they are new. Sometime the voltage are not very good. So the first thing is to mesure the battery voltage with a voltmeter or a ESV (expandle scale Voltmeter ) with a load. If you do not have a ESV mesure it with the battery in the radio and the radio on and the truck on also. The battery in the transmitter must be at least 9.6 volt when the transmeter is on, and the battery in the receiver must be at least 4.8 volt. I have seen AA batterie goes bad with just 5 minutes on. If the voltage is good you can go to troubleshoot the next step.

Balsanova
Old 09-17-2005, 10:16 AM
SublimeJason
Banned

ORIGINAL: ethanhunter

Hi,

I just got a new lst. But I notice my servos start twiching and interfering when I turn on the controller. I tried switching to differnent channels with no luck.
Anyone knows whats going on? Iam using AA battiers, when I turn on the controller the servos starts to twich. Please I need some advice on what to do
That Part ya say about ( I am Using AA Battiers) is your Problem, Get a Receiver Pack and You'll be Good to Go, Plus You'll be able to Run Half the Day or More, insted of a tank or 2.
Old 09-17-2005, 10:27 AM
RCtruckRacer

I agree with SJason that the AA's is most likely your problem. But, I just wanted to throw out there that metal on metal vibration can also cause interference. If changing over to the stick and/or hump pack doesn't solve your problem, try moving the fuel filter so it doesn't bang against the cooling head.
Old 09-17-2005, 11:13 AM
ethanhunter

thanks guys for your help. I will try to get a 5 pack battery pack, Do I have to do any modification to the wires or connectors? Do they sell it with the connectors? are the stock servos good? Should I upgrade the servos. What upgrades have you guys down.

thanks
Old 09-18-2005, 10:43 AM
RCtruckRacer

I use this one: [link=http://www.teamhelotes.com/users/main/catalog/i8.html]Team Helotes[/link]

Since I run the over-sized fuel tank, I made a mod to mount it on the front shock tower. The little exta weight up front actually seemed to help balance the truck a bit better as I don't seem to need to adjust the truck in mid-air as much anymore. Anyway, at 2600 mah, I can run all day without recharging.