Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

I got my LST today

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 07:20 PM
soulja4187

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got my LST today

I got my LST today i didnt get my RPM A-Arms or my 2nd Gear Cover because the guy forgot to order it it will arrive on tuesday so i cant wait but in the mean while i will break it in. I been wanting to know why i had to get a 2nd Gear Cover, i always see people tell other people to get it but never knew why? ( lol ) i got it just incase. here are some pictures
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68479.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	331246   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq52129.jpg
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	331247   Click image for larger version

Name:	In28202.jpg
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	331248  
Old 09-29-2005, 07:22 PM
soulja4187

Default RE: I got my LST today

Ohh i forgot to say i did get the 2 packs of battery the 5 cell hump pack and the flat pack and i'm charging them i cant wait til i get 4 hours of run time without charge thats gonna rock
Old 09-29-2005, 08:45 PM
red233

were dose the hump pack go
Old 09-29-2005, 09:03 PM
RCtruckRacer

Under the fuel tank.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:10 PM
soulja4187

the hump pack goes under the fuel tank and u know where the other 1 goes it gives alot more run time
Old 09-29-2005, 09:12 PM
red233

so one uner the fuel tank and in the 5 cell holder under the chassis what connertor do you use
Old 09-29-2005, 09:34 PM
soulja4187

heres a pic web site http://www.onlybatterypacks.com/show...temID=10548.24

Name:	Ay74939.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	148.4 KB
ID:	331305  
Old 09-30-2005, 03:16 PM
soulja4187

Well today i try breaking in the engine with no luck i was only able to run 1 1/2 tank thru it since it kept stalling my needle setting were off by alot my HSN was all the way out so i put it back to 3 1/2 turns, but then my JR radio setting were off by alot, the throttle moved only 40 % and the worst was everytime i hit the brakes the throttle would open more than half so it kept reving real high so i had to hit the breaks which cause the truck to shut off. I took all the linkage of the servo and clean them there were some pieces of plastic that cause the brakes to trigger the throttle when release wierd. (but the Horizon tech told me its been happening lately) Is it suppost to be this hard to turn this engine ON i went thru a D battery for my igniter theres still some nitro in the tank which i wont bother to drain since i will be running it tomorrow i know this truck has potential but its really getting me depress []. The Revo was my first truck and to tell u the truth i heard the ez-started was suppost to be a piece of S*** but to me its been good and i love it even after 4 gallons. I though the drill starter was suppost to be easier but to me it wasnt, and them my truck comes with all this F***** UP settings that dont help my knowlage i know how to tune otherwise my Revo would have 4 Gallons and still strong. And my LHS guy sais he was busy so he couldnt help me and thats where i got my truck so i dont have some 1 to help me i wish some 1 from here live in tallahassee or close to it. Well i hope tomorrow is a better day!!!!!
Old 09-30-2005, 05:01 PM
alexrod

Recheck your idle screw. Patience is key while you are working on the LST, you must understand what's going on to react accordingly. You must adjust the brake through the throttle trim, its a little too tight. Follow the heat cycle method to maximize your engine's life.

I've had 6 tanks through my LST and its an awesome truck. Once you get your truck running you will forget about your Revo.

Post questions and search on this forum. Its a wealth of knowledge. That's the purpose of this community to share our knowledge and better our LST driving experience. Keep on it, I promise you, you will have a blast with this truck.

A
Old 09-30-2005, 07:16 PM
SublimeJason
Banned

Well I think If you did a One-Over on the Truck Before you Tried to Run it,Ya probaly wouldn't have Any Problems,
After I got my First Real RC, I learned to Go Over Everything!
I look for loose Screws, Make sure the Servos are giving me Good Trottle & Brake and Steering,Check the Carb to be Sure it at the recomended settings,Make sure theres Loctight where it Needs to be and that the Wheels are on tight.
More often than Not they Miss something when they put the Trucks together,Or it gets Banged around durring shiping,As they say( It's better to be Safe than Sorry)
Any way I think you'll have Better Luck now that you found some of the Problems, Have Fun with your New Truck!!
PS. It takes close to a Gallon before the Mach starts Putting out Good Power,But its Worth the Wait,I Really Like the Mach,Great Engine for the Money.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:46 PM
soulja4187

Thanks for the replies. I took my truck out and ran the left over nitro i had on my tank but when i use stock setting on the needles the truck wont turn on i have to pull my throttle from the radio to get it starting if some 1 could tell me better settings for the motor i know the my HSN doesnt turn on 3 1/2 only in 4 1/2 it will and the LSN what should i use for that ?? stock settings. The only needle i dont have a stock setting is the thrist behing the carb how can i set that at stock setting because i have mess with it but i would like to start from scratch. My truck bogs alot and sometimes turns off when i hit the throttle, and for like 2 minutes it was at full throttle, i got a lil scared to i took my engine apart and didnt find nothing that could look like damage which is good i think?? is there another alternative besides the Drill Start because it takes forever to start the engine or is there any other engines that might be easier to tune i'm sorry for my ignorance but if it doesnt work out with this engine i would like to buy another engine that doesnt give me this kinda of hassle. I really like the truck and for the lil bit i drove it was awsome specially the handle so if engine doesnt we would find a new 1 for it
Old 09-30-2005, 10:54 PM
SublimeJason
Banned

From the sounds of it ya Need to adjust the Idle up a little Bit untill you get threw with the Break-in, the Best way to set the Idle is to Re-move the Air filter and adjust it untill theres a 1 to 2mm gap that sould get your Truck Running, After you get some more tanks of fuel threw it,It Should get Easy to tune.
Old 10-01-2005, 10:06 AM
soulja4187

Well i adjusted all the neeedle but i have a question about how much opening the carb should have u said 2mm i dont have a ruler or something to messure so i took a picture and hope some 1 could tell me if its too much openning. Is the rotostart suppost to hit the pipe i had try to keep it from hitting the pipe but it hit once in a while.

Thanks SOULJA

Name:	Kh17578.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	332114   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cy77339.jpg
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	332115  
Old 10-01-2005, 11:46 AM
benifur
My Feedback: (4)

Use the throttle trim to get it started and when it warms up set the idle. I alway use the trim. When it's warmed up I use the idle scew until the Idle goes up then take the trim to 0 it'should be idleing high at this piont and you can set the idle to where you want it. I find that the idle on a warm engine is much higher than a cold one my mach won't start with just the idle when cold it fires right up warm (no trim). I have to run up the trim, after about a lap I have to turn the trim back down so it don't run away on me. I have to do this on all my trucks none of them will start at idle (when cold) I use the trim. And my idle is kind of high to begin with but the idle where they will start is way higher than where they run . Any way that's my story
Old 10-01-2005, 12:13 PM
leejax02
My Feedback: (1)

Do the linkage mod with the Dynamite pro linkage kit. Adjust the idlke screw also, but the lsn also greatly affects the idle.
Old 10-01-2005, 01:28 PM
benifur
My Feedback: (4)

soulja: leejax is right the dyn. linkage it is great I got it on bolth LST's . You will need it someday because the sevosaver will start sticking. Mine would take me from full brake to 1/2 to 3/4 trottle, scary when you think your stoped and you let go of the brake and WOT. Not cool. Get the linkage. That's real good advice. Ofna also make a linkage that works . With the dyn. you will need a longer thottle rod than comes with it
Old 10-01-2005, 02:19 PM
soulja4187

Thanks everyone but i have a question now can some post a link for the Dynamite pro linkage kit and any other parts i might need to complete this job. I thinks this might help me alot thanks guys

SOULJA
Old 10-01-2005, 06:49 PM
URN2ND

I too had lots of problems when I got mine but patience is the key as previosly stated. This truck is much more fun then my Revo.
Old 10-01-2005, 07:03 PM
SublimeJason
Banned

http://www.killerhobbies.com/Browse_...kage_-_DYN2568 Ya need a Longer linkage for the gas, I used a rod from the hobby shop with some Threads on one end,It was .80 cents.
Old 10-01-2005, 09:16 PM
soulja4187

Well it got started and man finally it stayed on for a whole tank u know while braking it in i have a video i would like for u guys to tell me if my idle is good or should i adjust and if i have to adjust which 1 thanks again

http://media.putfile.com/SOULJA-LST

SOULJA