Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Using 2 receiver packs...

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 12:23 PM
GT Batman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using 2 receiver packs...

If I want to use 2 receiver packs, can i just hook them up to a standard "Y" connector? I found my 1100mAh pack to falling off a little and I have a 1200maH pack I can strap to the bottom. So can they both be used at the same time? Does this extend battery life? Can I change them at the same time using the charger lead from the switch?
Thanks
Old 10-03-2005, 12:42 PM
RCtruckRacer

Default RE: Using 2 receiver packs...

You can, but you have to make sure they are wired in parallel. If you wire them in serial, you increase the voltage as opposed to increasing MaH.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:03 PM
GT Batman

OK, then can I ask how to wire them in parellel? So a standard "Y" harness\connector will not work without modification?
Thanks
Old 10-03-2005, 01:38 PM
RCtruckRacer

Take a look [link=http://www.batteryuniversity.com/partone-24.htm]here[/link]
Old 10-03-2005, 03:28 PM
Nitro Goose

lstracerx is correct. Wiring them in parallel is the correct configuration. The "standard" Y connector (like the LST uses in the steering servos setup) is prewired in parallel. You could use this type of Y connector. Just be sure that the polarity of your battery (+,-) is the same with both connectors (since that Y connector is has three contacts - it would be easy to reverse). I'd recommend situating the plugs so that the neg. wire from the batts connects to the outside brown wire of the harness (your pos. wire will then be the center contact). You then would plug the single end of the Y harness into the batt. input of your receiver with the brown wire to the outside (just like the servo connections).

Always a good idea to double check your connections before switching on. Reverse polarity to the receiver could damage it.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:16 PM
Atomic LST

As good as some Battery Chargers are like the supper brain, why even bother..a battery pack should last 1/2 a day if not all day..just charge it up slow over night like at .20 to .30 amps. That will place a nice long strong charge on your packs. Never quick charge therm in like 15 minutes..thats all bs. A quick charge or peak charge is crappy charge..Well from what I have done in the past...I am by no means an expert. Part of this hobby is experminting like your wanting and that is a great thing. If nobody every tried to do what you are doing then we wouldent have hobbies like this. Enjoy yourself[8D]
Old 10-17-2005, 03:21 PM
pete1781

Why not mount ur second battery anyway and if you start to lose power on one just change over to ur other fully charged pack????