Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Losi Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

What was your best running engine ever?????

Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

What was your best running engine ever?????

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 06:40 PM
leejax02
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What was your best running engine ever?????

Alot of guys seems to get alot of gallons out of the Mach and tend to say that it is their best engine ever. I had one in my Lst, but I opted for the Sportwerks .26, but my best ever running engine was:
1. Mugen MT-12... never ever touched the needles and never ever flamed out...ever
2. Collari .21 B7...also never flamed out and produced great power
3. O.S. .21 V-Spec...O.S. reliability and was a beast in the power department...also ran with a cracked crankcase with oil everywhere!!!!!
4. Sportwerks .21 or .26 engines...ultra smooth and great power for cheap...rarely flamed out
5. Mach .26...excellent engine for price and can be easily modded for more power.

That was my top five and what was your best engine ever?? Wish I could supersize the MT-12 and put it in the LST. Tried the V-Spec, but could not start it without a bump box.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:48 PM
2DMaxLST!!

Default RE: What was your best running engine ever?????

Here's some engines I've had.

2 trx.15pro's -- I don't think I ever ruined one of these, they must have been easy to tune.
3 trx2.5's -- Constant tuning would run great for a bit and then go bad quick - I was still learning tuning and feel for beginners with this engine.
2 Sirio .18's -- Each lasted about a month. I learned a lot about tuning and what a hot engine sounds like and finally what no compression is like
1 Fantom .18 -- The best engine I ever had in a Tmaxx, too bad my Tmaxx could not stay together.
2 Mach's with one re-build each -- I still have one in my toolbox as a backup to the Collari. I seem to get between 3.5 and 7 gallons. I run them pretty hard could get more out of them but I like to keep them fresh for racing.
1 Sportwerks .26 -- I had some of my most consistent laps with this engine seems just a bit more refined than a Mach and has the nice carb with three different restrictors in the box. If you want to stay with a Mach I would just get this engine.
1 SH.28 -- Very easy to tune and still going good at 3.5 gallons This is a good second engine because the Mach back-plate bolts up.
Collari .30 & Collari .32 -- endless torque down low with a few more rpm's up top. I gotta get that exhaust leaking fixed to really see what it does on the track but I like what I am seeing with the stock pipe.

This is a good thread, we can point people to it so they can see different opinions on engines, I know I will be checking it.

Old 10-04-2005, 09:36 PM
RenegadeRevo

Well, even though this is an "LST" thread, it seems that there are many non-LST engines being listed, so I believe it's fair of me to list my observations..

2- TRX 2.5r's - One was a cinch to tune, ran perfectly, never had a problem whatsoever. The other was a beast to tune, I'd finally get a good tune and good temps, and the next tank would be WAY off. Plenty of times I temped it at 310-320... *shrug* oh well... It at least taught me how to tune...
1- RB Concepts TM323 - Awesome engine. I have heard others with problems, but mine has run FLAWLESSLY. It has plenty of power to get my 9lb Revo up and moving... and quickly, might I add. I can now re-gear it to utilize the power, and get more top end speed out of it. It has been simple to tune... and I'm on my second glowplug in 1+gallons... I do like it more than the 2.5r
Old 10-04-2005, 11:05 PM
tonytiger

1 medial pro m2k jp modified .21
2 medial pro m3k jp modified .21
3 os v spec
4.novarossi p5 hottinger modified
5.collari lc21gt (for 1/8th scale serpent on road)
6.rb concepts c5 roedy roem modified
Old 10-05-2005, 06:48 AM
nebula8080

1 Sirio .30 -- not so easy to tune, decent power. Unfortunately I bent the crankshaft before I could really get the engine humming good (rocks + tini gears = trouble). Dont feel like spending $120 to get a new crankshaft. Low bang for the buck factor.
1 SH .28 -- love it. Awesome bang for the buck factor
5 Mach .26's -- I had some really rotten luck w/ the first mach's...con rod's kept breaking. The last one I've got which has the serial number on it from horizon has been awesome. Its running the sportwerks carb w/ RD logics pipe and it hauls.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:01 PM
leejax02

I meant it in relation to the Mach .26 for the LST because reading through the posts, most guys really love it in their LST. Two of my top five were in my LST and I actually tried to mount a V-Spec...so I guess it makes three. Everyone has an all time favorite engine that they would have loved to drop in the LST if it could only fit. No offense to the forum, just wanted to see how high the Mach rates in other rc guys experience.