Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

ONE Way

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 08:54 PM
LOOKIN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ONE Way

Can I just use the other side of this?? After I clean it up.. BTW this is a NEW REBUILT MOTOR FROM HORIZION.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70589.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	334123  
Old 10-04-2005, 09:35 PM
LOOKIN

Default RE: ONE Way

I don't mean brand new, I did have 1 1/2 gallons through it.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:23 PM
jedelaney

I had a one way that looked just like yours. The problem was not just the bearing, but the bottom of the conrod that CAUSED the damage to the oneway. I also noticed pitting on top of the piston. I don't know if the metal pieces from the oneway or conrod caused it or not. Anyway, be sure to check out the bottom of the conrod for damage. I finally gave up on that engine because I figured I was better off replacing the engine with a new one than buying another oneway, a conrod, and piston and sleeve. The cost of all of the parts was almost as much as a new Mach .26. The bottom line is not just the damage to the oneway, but the cause of it and the damage caused by the metal pieces flying around the internal engine.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:40 PM
jedelaney

To answer your question though, I never thought of trying it, but I guess you could. Before you do though, you might better figure out what is causing it, otherwise you're going to need another one anyway sooner or later.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:41 AM
LOOKIN

Sounds like good advice. I have sent this motor away to Horizon and the other motor to the other LST once all ready also. Does something like this look like a factory defect or just something that wares over time? I am new to the nitro stuff so I don’t really know what to expect from these motors. I know when they are running great it is hard to keep my truck right side up
Old 10-05-2005, 09:53 AM
benifur
My Feedback: (4)

This looks like it could of happen when it was frist started new. These engines have alot of compresstion new if you don't loosen the plug to turn it over you can brabe stuff. I cracked the oneway bearing housing before. Just a thought.
Lookin, if the Hobby shop don't have one I think I do so see you when you get here later Ben.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:03 AM
benifur
My Feedback: (4)

Nathan I just looked I have a old one so the worst case is we press the bearings out and switch them.