Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Sell me on this LST

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 02:39 PM
cat627f

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sell me on this LST

Ok guys I curently have a Revo with a OS .18 tm engine and this truck has been awsome to me. But daddy needs a new toy . My LHS guy pulled a LST out of the box to let me look over it. After about 2 hrs. I liked what I saw. My ? to you guys running them is what can this truck really do, what kind of mods., facts specks exe. Show me so pics. and vids. Try and turn me over to the Losi side
Old 10-06-2005, 02:55 PM
PillowPants

Default RE: Sell me on this LST

This is by far the best truck i have ever owned. I'm pretty sick of explaining why, so i'll just let the pitures do the talking. This is being shown with:
RPM gear cover w/ backplate.
RPM blue a-arms all around
Racer's Edge Shock socks
Yellow stiff losi shock springs (Covered by shock socks)
Blue alloy Diff cases.
Orange fuel tubing
1100mAh Flat-Pack for the reciever.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57618.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	335059   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bx73829.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	335060   Click image for larger version

Name:	Di99552.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	335061   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oi15497.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	335062  
Old 10-06-2005, 03:01 PM
nebula8080

Check out the pictures thread for all of the pics... 2DmaxLST has all the cool vid's or check out beatyourtruck.com

The sky's the limits on what can be done w/ this truck...Guys are running stock all the way up to Cen Gen. engines in them. Lots of people are also making some seriously nice handmade parts for them...

a.) this guy makes custom pinions : http://www.1320.4t.com/index.html
b.) AKFireMedic makes custom linkages
c.) killerhobbies.com has all the good hopups @ great prices/service

Also you can find some seriously good deals on parts on ebay. Team bluestar makes some really nice aluminum A-Arms for uber cheap. Also there is a guy selling nice CNC cooling heads. Holeshot engineering makes a complete Carbon Fiber replacement body that a lot of people (including myself on both of my LST's) run. A typical configuration would be to do CF on the top and HD losi plates on the bottom. Still yet another good ebay hop-up is some dual-rate springs...I've really become a fan of them lately. ummm. what else. I'd recommend taking some time and searching through this forum -- The wealth of knowledge that has been posted here is really indispensable. I come here at least once a day (often lots more) just to read about the new tricks, tips and/or hop ups that people are doing.

Good luck.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:11 PM
2DMaxLST!!

Here's some of the reasons I like the LST.

[link=http://www.dennisnadams.com/tmaxx/LST/Can't%20Stop_3.wmv]Video: LST 'Can't Stop' track video[/link]

[link=http://www.dennisnadams.com/tmaxx/LST/Ramp_1_wmv.wmv]Video: LST yard bashing video[/link]

[link=http://www.dennisnadams.com/tmaxx/LST/racer_04222005_practice.wmv]Video: LST early practice at the track[/link]

[link=http://www.dennisnadams.com/tmaxx/LST/racer2_04052005.wmv]Video: LST more early practice at the track (I needed a lot)[/link]

[link=http://www.dennisnadams.com/tmaxx/LST/Bloopers.wmv]Video: LST all from the first couple of weeks[/link]

[link=http://www.dennisnadams.com/tmaxx/LST/Meglomaniac.wmv]Video: LST Meglomaniac[/link]

[link=http://www.dennisnadams.com/tmaxx/LST/LST_UL1.wmv]Video: LST U2[/link]

[link=http://www.dennisnadams.com/tmaxx/LST/MADMAC_Aarms_Part_A.wmv]Video: LST First Day with my Basher SH.28 Madmac A-arms[/link]

[link=http://www.dennisnadams.com/tmaxx/LST/Phoenix_0002.wmv]Video: LST Phoenix race!![/link]
Old 10-06-2005, 03:19 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: 2DMaxLST!!

[link=http://www.dennisnadams.com/tmaxx/LST/Phoenix_0002.wmv]Video: LST Phoenix race!![/link]
LOL... After watching the video a second time, it's obvious why I lost the race... the only times I was shown in that video, I SUCKED at driving... (which was probably throughout the entire race...)
Old 10-06-2005, 03:30 PM
PillowPants

ORIGINAL: REVOFAMILY

LOL... After watching the video a second time, it's obvious why I lost the race... the only times I was shown in that video, I SUCKED at driving... (which was probably throughout the entire race...)
Racing is not exactly my expertise either....[:'(] I usually just do something stupid like trying to over jump to gain some time but it pretty much never works out too well...
Old 10-06-2005, 03:46 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: TheHamburglar

ORIGINAL: REVOFAMILY

Racing is not exactly my expertise either....[:'(] I usually just do something stupid like trying to over jump to gain some time but it pretty much never works out too well...
Well, the first shot of "me"... I was on the throttle too far, and almost flipped it over the turn... then, I went, and hit the tubing.. i made the jump and flipped over at the next little corner.. then barely made it over the tabletop/overpass.... then around the backside, I missed the turn, and slammed into the light pole... that was probably my worst lap.. I think I had better ones... actually, I KNOW I had better laps... I actually made it around a few times without hitting ANYTHING. LOL
Old 10-06-2005, 03:50 PM
2DMaxLST!!

I started doing better after about 7 minutes into the race but I hit my share of stuff also!! I should have brought my step stool because I was having some depth perception problems in the back corners. Racing is much harder than most people realize.

I'm working on a new video: 400ex vs LST which one's the better basher, here a snapshot from some tape I took last night.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:58 PM
PillowPants

I'd rather launch off of a 5 footer going 35MPH anyways!
Old 10-06-2005, 04:02 PM
PillowPants

I started doing better after about 7 minutes into the race but I hit my share of stuff also!! I should have brought my step stool because I was having some depth perception problems in the back corners. Racing is much harder than most people realize.

I'm working on a new video: 400ex vs LST which one's the better basher, here a snapshot from some tape I took last night.
dang! Did you land on your back or did you end up recovering? Were you trying to backflip?? I couldn't imagine trying to backflip my raptor! ouch...
Old 10-06-2005, 04:04 PM
2DMaxLST!!

I was doing some very steep wheelies, I was not hurt, physically.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:50 PM
RenegadeRevo

I'd like to see that. And, I'm 6'4"... and still had problems with depth perception... LOL.. that back corner was pretty tough for me... it was better on the driver's stand, though... imagine doing that 8' lower... [:@][:'(]
Old 10-06-2005, 08:57 PM
URN2ND

I had a Revo but what brought me back to the 1/8 side of the house was obviously the size. The Revo was just to small and I also wanted another big block engine. Thaose were the two reasons for me. THE REASON WHY i WENT WITH THE lst OVER ANOTHER sAVAGE WAS BECAUSE OF THE RADIO WITH THE lst. Opps cap lock was on.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:59 PM
alexrod

If you want the best Monter Truck out then get the LST. You will not be disappointed, its an engineering marvel, the dual servo, chasis layout, handling, massive shocks I could go on and on. There is just nothing else out there in the market than can match up feature by feature against the LST. The Savage is outdated (although I got a brand new one, which I will use to run with my daughter's E-maxx), Revo just doesn't have the size and power, the MGT has the nastiest radio I've ever seen and outdated design much older than the Savage.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:27 AM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: alexrod

You will not be disappointed, its an engineering marvel, the dual servo, chasis layout, handling, massive shocks I could go on and on. There is just nothing else out there in the market than can match up feature by feature against the LST. The Savage is outdated (although I got a brand new one, which I will use to run with my daughter's E-maxx), Revo just doesn't have the size and power, the MGT has the nastiest radio I've ever seen and outdated design much older than the Savage.
No offense, but... an ENGINEERING MARVEL? What's so special about the engineering? It's a traditional monster truck. It has 4 large shocks... nothing marvelous about that... it has an engine and a 2-speed transmission... again, not so special... dual servo steering? Yep, already been done... handling... it handles good, but so do other trucks... it has 4 wheels and doesn't ride upside down, or anything... it still breaks when you hit stuff... the ONE thing I can see that MAY be a "marvel" is the high/low range... of course, the E-maxx has that... so that's not a "Marvel" The synthesized FM radio is the only thing that really sets it apart from the other trucks and that's not even engineered/manufactured by Team Losi.

What makes the Savage so "out dated" ? It's a similiar design to the LST... obviously, not the same, but it's built as a independent suspension monster truck with large ground clearance, and a high CG...

The Revo is small because it's in a different class.. 1/10 Monster truck. Scaled, it's actually bigger than the LST, but we won't go into that. 3" does not make a WHOLE lot of difference when you're talking about these trucks. (and yes... I've seen 'em next to each other, and I know that the Revo is smaller... 'queue the pic from 2DMaxLST!') If you want "BIG" go with a 1/5 or 1:1... those are "big" ... and sorry to say but if it didn't have the "power"... Steve Slayden wouldn't have taken the South Division Unlimited Class against Big Block monster trucks and Truggies with his Revo.

Don't get me wrong, I love the LST... it will be my next big purchase (besides my new house... of course)... but, I can't really see how it's an "ENGINEERING MARVEL" It is dang cool, I'll tell ya that.

P.S. That was a great sales pitch, unfortunately, it doesn't work on everyone...
Old 10-07-2005, 09:03 AM
2DMaxLST!!

Revofamily: You should explain how a multi-plate/ mulit-level chassis is similiar to a TVP desgin and has a high CG. I'm confused!!

Note the upward angle (kick up) near the front of the chassis, that is one of the secrets to the LST's handling..
Old 10-07-2005, 09:42 AM
benifur
My Feedback: (4)

I'm confussed too. I think somebody tring to tell me apples and oranges are similar. I guess they are bolth round. It only took me about 5 min's (if that long ) to decide on the LST when I went looking for a MT
Old 10-07-2005, 12:27 PM
captanabolic

I have to agree with REVOFAMILY. It is not like they designed the space shuttle. LOL It has four wheels a motor. They took the age old philosophy add more HP to make it go faster. It still handles like a Monster truck. truly revolutionary would be to get to handle like a touring car will still being a monster truck!! LOL Believe me I love my LST to no end but the REVO is definetly more of an engineering marvel than the LST. But that being said, the revo is made by traxxas, is smaller and is underpowered. This is what I love about the LST it is a MONSTER TRUCK!!! Not a racer!! You have to kinda make it a racer!!! MT class should be how the truck comes out of the box!!!! No changing tires, No changing engines. If you are gonna put smaller tires on it then it might as well be a buggy!!! LOL. Plus we need to race them on tracks that are not groomed. I want ruts, mud, puddles jumps. Leave the groomed surface to the buggies!!! That also being said I must be a hypocrite cause this is my track LOL!!!

Old 10-07-2005, 12:37 PM
RenegadeRevo

Revofamily: You should explain how a multi-plate/ mulit-level chassis is similiar to a TVP desgin and has a high CG. I'm confused!!

Note the upward angle (kick up) near the front of the chassis, that is one of the secrets to the LST's handling..
OK, OK... sorry... what I meant was more like this...
It is not like they designed the space shuttle. LOL It has four wheels a motor. They took the age old philosophy add more HP to make it go faster.
the high CG thing was not correct... My bad. (just thought it sounded good... I mean, heck if HE can do a sales pitch... why can't I? LOL) I just don't understand what makes the Savage Out-dated... I mean, it still works as a Monster Truck. Granted... you'd be hard pressed to get it to racing specs... but, if we're talking outdated... what determines that? The suspension on all MT's is outdated compared to the Revo... *shrug* just an observation... not meant to make anyone angry. The chassis design is out dated? Well, perhaps.... but what says that it's outdated? That is the design of a Savage.. nothing more... see what I mean? I just don't see how it's an "engineering marvel"... there is nothing special about the LST... as far as engineering goes. Oh, and by the way... the Revo has that same "upward angle"

Old 10-07-2005, 12:45 PM
2DMaxLST!!

I still think I would have to wear a collared button up shirt with dress slacks to race at the Captains track!!
Old 10-07-2005, 12:56 PM
2DMaxLST!!

Both the Revo and the LST have some engineering marvels that other monsters don't have because they are new and very unique designs.

You would be hard pressed to find another monster truck with native sway bar mounting, multi-plate motorcycle style slipper, 6 CVD drive train with straight shot center drive shafts and 4 large volume alum bodied/caped shocks, 6 screws to remove diffs etc. A few of the more hidden features are in the symmetry between the front and back including the bulks, shock towers, a-arms that allow you to turn it into a 4 wheel steering monster with less than $20 in losi parts.

The Revo is also a very unique design with the linked suspension etc. I don't have one in front of me so I will let someone else list them out.

In summary both trucks are on the leading edge of monster truck design though the LST is more traditional than the Revo it is unique.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:12 PM
RenegadeRevo

In summary both trucks are on the leading edge of monster truck design though the LST is more traditional than the Revo it is unique.
Ok, I can see how it has some cool stuff, but alexrod made it sound like it was a space shuttle or something... the way you stated it makes more sense. It is a leading-edge TRADITIONAL monster truck.... it has the same BASIC design (vertically mounted shocks, diffs below the chassis... well, below one layer, anyways... 2-speed transmission, etc.) The Revo is not a real "Engineering Marvel" either... it just has a different design of suspension, which eliminates the old "shock tower" breaking which was the downfall to many a truck. The horizontally-mounted F-1 style shock setup, and as you stated, the upward angle of the chassis... the well-geared 2-speed transmission that allows the Revo to utilize a small block engine for its powerplant (less weight, higher RPM's) The low CG, and high ground clearance... the optidrive (which is good, but their reverse gear sucks) I would agree with you that they are both on the leading edge of design. I do not agree that either of them are "engineering marvels" simply due to the fact that there was not something special that was engineered on the trucks that has never been seen before. The Revo's suspension is a more "technologically advanced" suspension, but it's been used for YEARS in the F-1 racing industry... not necessarily an engineering marvel... the only thing they did do was make it longer travel than the F-1 suspension (since the F-1 suspension only travels a few inches... if that) and stuck it on a R/C monster truck.

Anyways, I think we've both proven our point... and this isn't about the Revo... it's about the LST... it's a great truck... it has a lot of features that other trucks don't.... it comes with an awesome synthesized FM Radio... and many other well-designed features. It will be my next R/C truck purchase...
Old 10-07-2005, 04:42 PM
cat627f

good point, and thanks for bringing it back (REVOFAMILY) to the point of the LST. I know about the Revo, as stated earlier I own one. I'm not going to bash it I love this truck, but for a second project to take out bashing I want to know how the LST is going to hold up. I've looked at the truck and it looks impresive. Just wanted to hear some vets. on how it runs and performs.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:01 PM
ThermalRD

My LST was an original, it wasnt soo good to me. With that being said, im ready to try another. My advice to you... Dont buy one yet. If you buy it right now, you'll regret it. Just give it a few weeks...

ORIGINAL: cat627f

good point, and thanks for bringing it back (REVOFAMILY) to the point of the LST. I know about the Revo, as stated earlier I own one. I'm not going to bash it I love this truck, but for a second project to take out bashing I want to know how the LST is going to hold up. I've looked at the truck and it looks impresive. Just wanted to hear some vets. on how it runs and performs.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:05 PM
SublimeJason
Banned

^^^

So ya think there going to put the Mach 28 in the New LSTs?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.