Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Losi Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Any Truth to the rumor that we might see a special edition LST soon?

Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Any Truth to the rumor that we might see a special edition LST soon?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 06:12 PM
dfn_doe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Truth to the rumor that we might see a special edition LST soon?

I've seen it aluded to in a few places that Losi might soon be releasing a new edition of the LST with a larger motor and maybe other updated parts. Anybody know if this has been substantiated?
Old 10-14-2005, 07:07 PM
sk8ingsailor

Default RE: Any Truth to the rumor that we might see a special edition LST soon?

I think I will start a post saying that "m28 motor in truck of the year could it be..." I know that will be the 14th post saying the same thing that others say but its Written different. [&:]
Old 10-14-2005, 08:13 PM
PillowPants

Default RE: Any Truth to the rumor that we might see a special edition LST soon?

Well its certainly not going to stay in it's single form for ever... if thats what you are asking.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:19 PM
raykessler

it wouldnt suprise me, almost every car that losi has is released with an upgraded form for racing, a lot of companies do it, for Associated it is factory team trucks for losi they make a graphite+ version or something akin to that
Old 10-14-2005, 10:10 PM
ThermalRD

Since you are from California, why dont you visit the iHobby expo later this month. Tell me what you see when you get to that Team Losi booth. There are a few surprise releases. And when you get there, take some pics of the LST2 for me. I'll be buying one ASAP. HEHEHE
Old 10-15-2005, 02:04 AM
dfn_doe

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

Since you are from California, why dont you visit the iHobby expo later this month. Tell me what you see when you get to that Team Losi booth. There are a few surprise releases. And when you get there, take some pics of the LST2 for me. I'll be buying one ASAP. HEHEHE
Thanks for the suggestion, but the LA convention center is about 7 hours and many many dollars worth of gas away for me. I'd rather save that money so if/when losi does release an LST SE I might be able to actually fit it in my budget

Something like 110.00 in gas a missed day of work and whatever it costs to get into that beast of a convention would be end up leaving me with a budget better suited to a mini-LST.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:08 AM
breakin2
My Feedback: (1)

I want one in kit form. I already have some engines laying around and an M11 with Spektrum to throw in for a radio system.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:14 AM
Wisconsin Nitro

ORIGINAL: TheHamburglar

Well its certainly not going to stay in it's single form for much longer... if thats what you are asking.
i hope it doesent cause im gona get the LST for chritmas and i want to usualey get the beeter stuff thats out there
Old 10-16-2005, 09:24 PM
Atomic LST

Special edition...like the LST is expecting its 2nd addition the baby Lst..Is that not hope enough
Old 10-18-2005, 02:21 AM
OFNAMAN
My Feedback: (3)

i don't think they will release a race LST. Look how long it took them to do the research, testing LST's and final production.they wanted it to be race ready and the did. Although they should have released it with aluminum diff cases.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:29 PM
PillowPants

Well in most cases, RTR's like the savage come with CRAP radios, CRAP sevos, and CRAP motors, so that is why they'll release a SE adition or make it in to a kit. But, with the LST it comes with great servos, a great radio, and a fiarly nice engine, so really, there isn't a whole heck of a lot to approve upon. Yeah it needs a secondary gear cover and some alloy diff cases, but they arent going to re-release the truck JUST because of those little 10 dollar fixes. Well, thats just my $0.02.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:49 PM
dfn_doe

Well in most cases, RTR's like the savage come with CRAP radios, CRAP sevos, and CRAP motors, so that is why they'll release a SE adition or make it in to a kit. But, with the LST it comes with great servos, a great radio, and a fiarly nice engine, so really, there isn't a whole heck of a lot to approve upon. Yeah it needs a secondary gear cover and some alloy diff cases, but they arent going to re-release the truck JUST because of those little 10 dollar fixes. Well, thats just my $0.02.
I thinking something more along the lines of the upgrades you mentioned plus a mach .28 engine and maybe threaded shock bodies and adjustable upper control arms or other ways to change the trucks camber angle. The engine is the obvious big selling point, but the shockbodies and camber adjustment are big pluses to people who want to have their suspension really dialed for racing. Alternatively it'd be sweet if they sold the LST in kit or ARR form the latter would be especially nice since as you stated they already include a nice transmitter, which if I could buy an additional losi and use it with the transmitter I got with the first one it seems I'd save money by not buying redundant parts... I'm just thinking outloud over here, but I did read a rumor about an upcoming SE just not sure if it was credible or not.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:55 PM
PillowPants

ORIGINAL: dfn_doe

I thinking something more along the lines of the upgrades you mentioned plus a mach .28 engine and maybe threaded shock bodies and adjustable upper control arms or other ways to change the trucks camber angle. The engine is the obvious big selling point, but the shockbodies and camber adjustment are big pluses to people who want to have their suspension really dialed for racing. Alternatively it'd be sweet if they sold the LST in kit or ARR form the latter would be especially nice since as you stated they already include a nice transmitter, which if I could buy an additional losi and use it with the transmitter I got with the first one it seems I'd save money by not buying redundant parts... I'm just thinking outloud over here, but I did read a rumor about an upcoming SE just not sure if it was credible or not.
Well if every truck came PERFECT out of the box, we wouldn't have any need for hop-ups, so i'm sure the designers and production crew of the LST are totally aware of the minor flaws, but hey, its all about the $$$$$ Nobody is gunna buy the hop-ups if they aren't needed!
Old 10-18-2005, 06:29 PM
raykessler

if all the other losi vechicles are any clue the new one will be decked out in graphite/ carbon fiber
Old 10-18-2005, 06:44 PM
MEANDMYRC

I have heard that it will have the new Drake engine, and I couldn't agree more about making it in a team or factory team kit, I hate the RTR and I believe if everyone would have the chance to build there own there would be far fewer questions in the forum, I started in the sport in 1990 and thats all we had back then was the kits.....lol....My first was the Traxxis Radicator 2 and then the old Alum Tub RC10 which I still have but totally rebuilt both with new paint and skins and retired them in mint condition. I love to hear people who are like me and love to build there own, Great Post, Thank you, If you hear anything else on the LST perhaps ya could drop me a E-Mail @ [email protected].

Again Thank you
xoxoxo Holly
Old 10-18-2005, 07:01 PM
PillowPants

ORIGINAL: MEANDMYRC

I have heard that it will have the new Drake engine, and I couldn't agree more about making it in a team or factory team kit, I hate the RTR and I believe if everyone would have the chance to build there own there would be far fewer questions in the forum, I started in the sport in 1990 and thats all we had back then was the kits.....lol....My first was the Traxxis Radicator 2 and then the old Alum Tub RC10 which I still have but totally rebuilt both with new paint and skins and retired them in mint condition. I love to hear people who are like me and love to build there own, Great Post, Thank you, If you hear anything else on the LST perhaps ya could drop me a E-Mail @ [email protected].

Again Thank you
xoxoxo Holly
Uhh.. just curious... if nobody asked questions on this forum, what exactly would be the point? I know i sure as hell wouldn't come on here just to hear peoples stories and have some discussion allll the. The questions on RCU are basiclly like blood being pumbed to the heart. Gunna have to deal with it poncho
Old 10-18-2005, 07:09 PM
dfn_doe

Again Thank you
xoxoxo Holly
Uhh.. just curious... if nobody asked questions on this forum, what exactly would be the point? I know i sure as hell wouldn't come on here just to hear peoples stories and have some discussion allll the. The questions on RCU are basiclly like blood being pumbed to the heart. Gunna have to deal with it poncho
I don't think he was trying to say that we wouldn't have any discussion on here. I think what was intended is that people become more familiar with their trucks if they assemble it themselves, they have a better understanding of how things fit together, how they interact, and even simple stuff like knowledge of the names of the parts is greatly enhanced. This in turn leads to having a more informed basis for discussion.

I really prefer building kits over RTR just because I like knowing that everything has been inspected, cleaned up (trimmed etc.), lubed, lock tited, and set properly BEFORE running the truck. Running it out of the box might provide for a more instantaneous moment of gratification, but in the end it's the problem that you don't see that comes back to bite you on the ass....
Old 10-18-2005, 07:20 PM
MEANDMYRC

Thank you, thats all I was trying to say, I know when I get done with a build that it was done correctly and if something does happen to it I know just what to do to fix it in a very timely manner without having to ask another person, but I'm not to the point that I think I know everything, I always have my ears wide open. Thanks for understanding.

xoxoxo Holly
Old 10-18-2005, 10:33 PM
AKFireMedic
My Feedback: (2)

Holly, I just think it's cool that a female is interested in a mechanical hobby like RC. It's great to see someone such as yourself that not only drives, but wrenches on her rig as well. Good job!
Old 10-18-2005, 11:22 PM
RCtruckRacer

Our club has a lady racer - she's an ex moto-x racer to boot! She's not the fastest at our track, but she may be the most consistant driver we have. Never goes TOO fast, always stays in control... I learned lots from her!
Old 10-19-2005, 02:34 AM
AKFireMedic
My Feedback: (2)

My wife drives (she has her own LST) and she is going to start racing a JRX-S indoors this winter but she doesn't do any of the work on the cars or anything like that. I think that's what she pays me for...[&:]
Old 10-19-2005, 02:51 AM
NitroLST

Thank you, thats all I was trying to say, I know when I get done with a build that it was done correctly and if something does happen to it I know just what to do to fix it in a very timely manner without having to ask another person, but I'm not to the point that I think I know everything, I always have my ears wide open. Thanks for understanding.

xoxoxo Holly

Yeah welcome aboard Holly good to see a Chick in here!!
Old 10-19-2005, 07:12 PM
Evil E

Guys! Check out Losi's website. They just announced the LST2.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:33 PM
SublimeJason
Banned

ORIGINAL: Evil E

Guys! Check out Losi's website. They just announced the LST2.
http://www.teamlosi.com/core.htm
Old 10-19-2005, 09:52 PM
nebula8080

cool!! Cant wait until the parts start showing up on the ebay chop shops to retro fit my existing trucks.

The 7 port engine looks interesting... is the mach .28 7 port? I didnt think it was.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.