Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Clutch and gears

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 08:42 PM
str8mobile1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch and gears

My LST just junked the Spur, Pinion, and clutch its only had about a gallon of fuel ran through it just wondering if thats about avg its all stock parts and I was wondering what the best replacement parts are thanks in advance
Old 10-16-2005, 09:09 PM
Atomic LST

Default RE: Clutch and gears

were the gears not messed right?
Old 10-16-2005, 09:28 PM
str8mobile1

I'm not sure the truck is all stock im kinda a newbie so I never messed with any of it should i have had to adjust it or something is it something that i should check on a regular basis
Old 10-16-2005, 09:44 PM
Atomic LST

Well not really, I have checked mine to see if they were meshed properly..I think some Lsts had some factory mesh problem. I have never destroyed any gears besides the Tmaxx I owned 5 years ago...the reverse gear would strip. Ohh sorry that was a Traxxas product and not the LST. All I can say is that it is a machine and all machines break down, but not if you are just now starting to use it. Call Losi and explain to them what happend. I am sure they would help you out better than we could.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:50 PM
pointblank

Call Losi, ask for Bill in support, tell him your truck is new (IE #), and what parts broke. He'll probably replace everything that broke. Check your mesh every time you run the truck too.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:55 PM
RCtruckRacer

Are you using the secondary gear cover? Or one of the other's that protect's the back of the gear cover? If not, perhaps you got a rock in there. That'l ruin a good set of gears in a hurry!
Old 10-16-2005, 10:00 PM
Nitro Goose

Also check the engine mounting screws to make sure they're tight before each run. Might be a good idea to pull each one and put BLUE loctite on them when you re-mesh your new gears. Be sure the engine is at a 90 degree alignment to the gears. It is possible for the low speed pinion/spur (outside set) to look and feel right while the high speed (inside set) is not meshed properly. When meshing, I always look down from the top of the truck while slowly rotating the gears to see how both sets come together.

A bent tranny main input shaft (where the spurs reside) could cause stripped gears...
Old 10-17-2005, 08:45 PM
str8mobile1

Thanks guys I got my truck back together just in time for some dusk runs tonight I went to my LHS and got the aluminum clutch shoes and they came with 2 sets of springs I put the lighter set on instead of the black ones not really sure on the diff. but it seems to be doing all right I'm going to try to run it more and maybe change the springs out to see what the diff. is. Thanks again all.