Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Losi Bead Lock Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 05:28 PM
thrilsekr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Losi Bead Lock Wheels

Don't buy these...
I got 2 pair. I hate glueing tires.
Bead lock? No. There are for "bling" purposes only according to Team Losi. But "they do help strengthen the wheels."

I wanted bead lock wheels. What a let down. I suggested that they put on the packaging "Bead Lock Look-Alike" or something to that matter. They said they would consider it. As it is, the packaging says "Bead Lock Wheels"
They said they understand it can be misleading, but "Nobody makes a bead lock wheel that actually works..."

They also said that if I tear my tires taking off the old wheels, they will send me replacements at no charge. Just send in the old ones, with a note reminding him of our conversation.

I didn't want new tires. I wanted actual bead lock wheels. But, I guess new wheels would be nice too. Except for the shipping wait and cost.

All in all. Let down, but I'm am dealing with it.

Moral: Don't buy these unless you just want bling.

Fair warning...
(Just venting)

Thrilsekr
Old 10-21-2005, 05:37 PM
ThermalRD

Default RE: Losi Bead Lock Wheels

Ya, myself and many other original LST owners went over this problem back when they were first released. I was quite let down too. But in the end, the wheels are some of the nicest looking wheels you can buy. But ya, its just bling, and added weight.
Old 10-21-2005, 05:44 PM
nebula8080

if you want beadlock rims that work...go w/ the maximizer's...they work GREAT!. I use them w/ the kingpins and the stock claw tires. Some really tough rims. see pics.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xu62374.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	342074   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jf11844.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	342075  
Old 10-21-2005, 05:51 PM
sk8ingsailor

[link=http://www.horizonhobby.com/Search/Default.aspx?SearchTerm=bead+lock&OverallCatID=] looky here[/link]

Those you have may be from the first production. I had to be one of the first ones with them so I ordered them at Hobbytown USA. When they came in, I said "Hell Naw." I kinda thought the price was low for the product.

Old 10-21-2005, 05:54 PM
thrilsekr

Nebula-
That is cool. I would have went with the maxis, but I bought these LSTs and I can't justify 4 more wheels quite yet. I will do my best to break these ones, so I can get new ones...

Still with the stock plastic shock towers? I have broken both of them. I have the Integy ones now. Sofl Alum., but the bend back easy enough.

I see you took out the reverse. I can't do that. Not with my driving style. I don't like running around when my truck gets stuck, or up against something.

Where di you get that plate to protect your exhaust?

Thrilsekr
Old 10-21-2005, 05:56 PM
thrilsekr

-Sailor

On the packaging itself it says "Bead Lock". Maybe they have changed that too by now.

Thrilsekr
Old 10-21-2005, 08:21 PM
SublimeJason
Banned

ORIGINAL: thrilsekr

-Sailor

On the packaging itself it says "Bead Lock". Maybe they have changed that too by now.

Thrilsekr
I always say Read before ya Buy,
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Shop/ByC...rodID=LOSB7005

Bead Lock "Look" Wheels w/Blue Rings (pr): LST

by TEAM LOSI, Includes: 1 pair of chrome LST wheels and 1 pair of blue "beadlock look" rings

Old 10-21-2005, 08:27 PM
nebula8080

Yeah I havent had any problems w/ the stock plastic shock towers....I had some alum. one on for awhile but took them off as my basher truck has enough of a weight problem as it is.

The center skidplate is the losi HD plate : http://www.killerhobbies.com/Browse_...LST_-_LOSB2261

Works great.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:46 PM
PillowPants

Yeah i have the Maximizer bead locks on my t-maxx. aint too easy on the eyes, but they'll stay in one piece no matter what ya throw at 'em.