Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

LST Original discontinued?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 10:07 PM
savagesrule

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LST Original discontinued?

hey,
anybody know if the LST2 is going to completely replace the original, or are they going to keep selling the original?
thanks-
Kris
Old 11-05-2005, 12:25 AM
Nitro Goose

Default RE: LST Original discontinued?

Haven't heard any news about Losi discontinuing the original LST - of course it's too early to tell. Consumer interest and sales will determine what stays and what is discontinued...as with any product. Although they share many similarities, the LST2 basically gives buyers several upgrades that original LST owners wanted (and subsequently added to their own vehicles). Personally I still like the looks of the original LST better (tires, wheels and body). Since I tend to do more bashing than racing, and have already several upgrades to my own LST's, I don't personally have a need to purchase an LST2.

Several of the LST2 upgrades will undoubtedly fit the original if one wishes to upgrade in that direction. And, there are so many of the originals out there that OEM replacement parts (for the first series) should continue for a long time.
Old 11-05-2005, 09:40 AM
Nitronutt
My Feedback: (2)

Like NG said, the LST2 is basically an upgraded version of the original LST. It only makes sense to have the latest and greatest, so I would expect to see the original version to sell out and will be completely replaced by the LST2.

Why would they make a few improvements and then keep selling the ones that NEED the improvements? You get a better reputation as a manufacturer if your products are reliable...The diff cases, better arms (if they really are better???) etc. contribute greatly to that in v2.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:47 PM
red233

from the pictures they just added more plastic to the arms and side bars. then added a new linkage and aluminum diff cases. and a gear cover and thats about it.

if you want to get the new things they added you can just purchase the performance upgrade kit that losi is makeing