Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

View Poll Results: A poll

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • LST 2

54 62.79%
  • LST (the orginal)

17 19.77%
  • 4.6 savage

15 17.44%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: LST2 or 4.6 Savage???!!!! Or LST 1

running Jumbo Kongs without the foam in them
    Great for climbing hills and rocks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

but still the savage is still better for bahing which i think mad mike wants since he already has a Jato.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sometimes I think we forget a crucial element.

Let me explain myself. I have has a Savage, and a good friend has the new 4.6 SS with the 3 speed tranny. It is an awesome bit of kit, with loads of power and effortless jumping ability. I have to say that, complared to my LST (which is standard apart from the alloy diff housing and rpm arms), the Savage seems the stronger of the two.

However, if you bash the savage and get an awkward landing - or hit a tree, the damage caused can be worse and take longer to fix than the LST. Last week he smacked a tree at around 20mph and of course something was going to break - but surely not 2 shock shafts, both TVP's were bent, the servo housing and servos were damaged, the fuel tank split - it took him 3 evenings to sort out!

With the LST, the same accident would have caused damage, however I doubt it would take as long to sort out...

...if you get my drift !!!!

Any by the way the savage 25 with the 3 speed gearbox may be as quick top end, but the LST out accelerates it all day long!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thats right!! lol The savage is a wonderful truck. I enjoyed the SS when I had it. I was running slick on it for running on sand and concrete. I bonced that truck all over the place did not brake a single part. It kept me awake when I was a security guard for the port. Well I broke an A arm two days ago, stock tires don't grab well on wet, oil induced pavement. LOL I hit the concrete curve. well its a good place for drifting.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Next up RPM A arms

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So if the LST2 is the same price as the LST when it came out... What do you think the LST's are going to sell for SOON? Im guessing there will be some new LST's sitting around collecting dust waiting for someone to buy them at a well discounted price.. Just a thought.
    Ken
    S/E Michigan

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thats what I told them to. I bought mine off ebay, (rolling chassis) no remote or engine. I put CEN 5 hp in it and got the Magnum 3pm remote. Im still under the cost of what it would be to get the RTR. Next RPM A Arms

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

dude if he wants a torque and wheelie machine then the HPI savage 4.6 would be the perfect choice. you could also get the wheelie bar so it would be able to ride out the wheelies[>:][link]http://hpiracing.com/index2.htm[/link]
    {SAVAGE SS} {P&P PICCO.26} {PROLINE} {HITECH TG/MG} {JR FM}
    {SAVAGE XSS} {P&P COLLARI.32} {MX-3} {AIRTRONICS 94361Z}

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm the proud owner of a Savage 25 RTR that is definately no longer a Savage 25 RTR... i've done all kinds of mods but that's not what this post is about.

My friend has an LST and I personally like the car but it is very very weak compared to my savage. His car is always breaking something when we go out. My savage takes a beating i'm a good driver and i jump well but somethings just can't be avoided. If his car lands a little wrong something breaks. Today it was the stearing knuckle because it landed on one tire a little hard. Mine lands on anything and comes out of it with no damage. But as stated earlier this car is a little hard to work on... nothing's simple but you learn how to do things fast. I can take my car apart in about 10-20 min no problem because i know it in and out.

So the real question is what do you want your car to do. You wanna race? i'd say go LST. You wanna really bash i'd say go savage. The 4.6SS has loads of power and is incredibly reliable for bashing. So the real question isn't for us to answer... it's for you to answer.
    Modded Savage. (Sold!!!)
    New toy, Revo!!! RPM arms and soon to have a Mach .26 in it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

He must have a weak truck, it took a concrete curve to break mine.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

we were jumping about 10 feet up in the air today... he has to be really careful to land exactly perfect or it breaks. The one time he landed funny it ****ed up his stearing knuckle. My car you can land on anything and it's fine. I'm just trying to give the starter of this thread some info
    Modded Savage. (Sold!!!)
    New toy, Revo!!! RPM arms and soon to have a Mach .26 in it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

THE LST-2 IS AVAILIBLE. I HAVE 5 OF THEM IN STOCK.
    I WILL LET YOU NO HOW IT HOLDS UP. AS SOON AS I GET IT BROKE IN.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

HAVE YOU CONSIDERD A REVO.
    GREAT HANDLING 7 DURABLE

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

not even going to consider a revo. To much plastic. Plus I would have to upgrade the engine immediately b/c I am not a huge fan of the 2.5 especailly in a MT. (what were they thinking). Anyway, I already bought a mini LST today, decided to go in a whole other direction (dont get it to touch it till xmas though). Everything that has to deal with MT's are jsut to expensive. I think I'm going to hop up my mini LST and jato and have fun with these things for a while, and when my b-day roles around (july) I will get a 1/8 scale MT. Maybe earlier though, just depends. This mini LST looks so incredibly sweet in person. Plus, with the profit plus LCD charger that I already had, will charge the mini lst's battery in about 35 min for a full charge!!!!!!!! (so says my lhs)
    I race, therefore I win

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I stopped racing my LST because the CVD's, hexes, and pins broke every time another truck bumped into one of my tires while driving. Something broke every A-Main I raced it in. However, the LST 2 upgrades sound like the fixed a couple week spots. I might have to give it a try.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If you buy the LST2, you have to hope and wait for RPM a-arms, 23mm hexes and you invest in 20mm stuff you will probably just end up ditching. Buy the LST1, RPM a-arms and maybe upgrade to the LST2 axles and carriers down the road. Then you'll have a race ready truck with standard wheels and stronger, adjustable a-arms.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hi,i am new in rc.is there a huge difference in power between the LST &LST2.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12