Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

RLST

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 12:30 PM
2fast2slow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RLST

Hey,

I know that this truck is mainly for bashing but I plan on getting it and racing it this summer. But as I read up on it I notice that it only has a 1 speed transmisson, and there is a optional two speed transmission, so I was wondering will is be able to do wheelies on the stock motor, cause I heard that on the 1 speed stock gearing it does no wheelies, and about how much top speed should I be looking at. And is the 2nd speed adjustable, for higher top speed?

Also I plan on changing the motor and put a O.S. .21 VZ-R Turbo. So I was wondering if this is a good motor for this truck, since it puts out more hp and more rpm? Or is there any other motors that might be better for this truck.

Thanks,
Shawn
Old 11-27-2005, 01:53 PM
sk8ingsailor

Default RE: RLST

what truck are you talking about. ALL LST's come stock with manual high and low along with a 2 speed auto shift ( adjustable) I also would say that the LST was built with the racer in mind more than the Savage because it has a lower C.O.G.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:42 PM
marzac2

We are talking about a Losi Super Truck here right. It comes with a .26 Mach engine and it is fine for wheelies. If you would upgrade in the future, why not go with the purpose built OS .30. It was made for trucks like the LST and would be the better replacement. You can look at a review of this motor from a link right on the home page of this website.

Truth be told though, if you just get the truck and a few items to go along with it, you would have all you need to have an awesome competitive truck!
Old 11-27-2005, 10:30 PM
CR500rider

ORIGINAL: 2fast2slow

Hey,

I know that this truck is mainly for bashing but I plan on getting it and racing it this summer. But as I read up on it I notice that it only has a 1 speed transmisson, and there is a optional two speed transmission, so I was wondering will is be able to do wheelies on the stock motor, cause I heard that on the 1 speed stock gearing it does no wheelies, and about how much top speed should I be looking at. And is the 2nd speed adjustable, for higher top speed?

Also I plan on changing the motor and put a O.S. .21 VZ-R Turbo. So I was wondering if this is a good motor for this truck, since it puts out more hp and more rpm? Or is there any other motors that might be better for this truck.

Thanks,
Shawn
what exactly is the RLST? if you are talking about the LST then you can not put the OS 21 VZR engine in it. that is a bump start engine only which means it has to be started with a starter box, not a rotostart
Old 11-28-2005, 05:27 PM
2fast2slow

a RLST, means Racing Losi's Super Truck or just race Losi Super Truck, which ever sounds best to you. But what is a good engine that has over about 40,000 rpm and over 2.9 hp
Old 11-28-2005, 07:08 PM
spinacz_nyc

i know enigines over 2.9hp but over 40000 ??!!??!! i saw 38000 and it was amzing but never over 40000
Old 11-28-2005, 07:38 PM
nightowl7

If your getting an LST soon, then you can just get the LST2. It looks to be built more for racing than the original.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:13 PM
spinacz_nyc

how it reply to my posts ?? and does it looks like i wanna get LST [&:]
Old 11-28-2005, 09:30 PM
RCtruckRacer

ORIGINAL: spinacz_nyc

how it reply to my posts ?? and does it looks like i wanna get LST [&:]
Ummmm, huh???? Those are English words, but they don't seem to form coherent sentences...

S_N - if money is no object, get a mod'd Novarossi .28. Nothing will be able to touch it. For a couple hundred less, you can get the new O.S. .30. Either of those will have gobs of power.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:50 PM
spinacz_nyc

but still i didnt find no moster engine with over 40,000rpm even novarossi i found has 38000rpms and how its gonna be untouchable little under 3 hp, what about for example sure fire .32 3.6 hp with 32.000 ?? not bad or something cheap like SH .28 with 3.5 hp and 28.000 rpms ?? under 100$ bad choice ?? and only 28.000 not fast enough ? wow

and wow soory for my sentences but im just learning english not all ppl have privelage to know it since born [8D]
Old 11-28-2005, 10:44 PM
RCtruckRacer

and how its gonna be untouchable little under 3 hp
Well, the problem is that company X can make any kind of claim they want. There was an OFNA engine that was claimed to be a .26. But it was really like around .252, and when someone called them out on it they changed all the info on it (like the box, advertisements etc) to say .25. Until I see a real dyno test, I don't believe the claims made most of the time. RC Driver is great at doing this, and dyno tests are regularly in the magazine. Next, the quality of many mass produced engines is suspect - The surefire .32 you mention comes to mind. Take a look at one of these engines on the inside sometime. The ports aren't always cut perfectly, nothings been polished, ad I can almost garuntee the crank hasn't been balanced. These things all make a HUGE difference. The reality is you get what you pay for - most of the time.

Now I am not trying to say that the surefire is a bad engine. It probably isnt bad. It very well might hold a tune all day, last for many gallons, and give good power. But if you ever get to compare one to a mod'd engine, you will understand right away. Also, companies like O.S. and Novarossi put more care and detail into the manufacturing process, producing engines with much more exacting specifications. The reason they cost more is because it costs the manufacturer more to produce them.

Then, 2f2s states he is going to be racing. With an LST, that usually means an off road course with lots of jumps, turns etc. Rarely does one come across one of those tracks where there are huge/long straightaways where one could actually get the engine up to max RPMs. So, having an engine that actually gets up to 40K rpm's wouldn't mean nearly as much as an engine that can get the truck up to 40mph in 3 seconds.

Hope that helps!
Old 11-29-2005, 07:23 AM
spinacz_nyc

maybe, but what i know i had mach .26 and i replaced with crap called sh .28 ( they looks same) and i didnt compare pistons if has same size) but what i see is way more powerfull than mach but bit slower, anyway is still enought fast, thing im only concers is lifetime of cheap engines
Old 11-29-2005, 11:58 AM
RCtruckRacer

but what i see is way more powerfull than mach but bit slower
Did you try changing your gear ratio to take advantage of the extra power?
Old 11-29-2005, 08:08 PM
spinacz_nyc

oryginal set is the fastest any other will make him slower, but i dont need more power, speed is good enought 2, really, its a rocket, now i have to watch out my bodies, i got 2 new 1, cause its hard to speed up without jumping upside down