Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Losi Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Anybody using the PL 23mm HD hex replacements?

Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Anybody using the PL 23mm HD hex replacements?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 11:04 AM
PillowPants

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody using the PL 23mm HD hex replacements?

I just ordered them for my LST along with the proline 40 series bow ties and 40 series cheyenne 23mm HD wheels. Anybody else using them? If so, do you like them?
Old 12-04-2005, 11:11 AM
benifur
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Anybody using the PL 23mm HD hex replacements?

I like Crazy Nut Racings better. Be sure to use lots of locktite and check them often.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:13 AM
PillowPants

ORIGINAL: benifur

I like Crazy Nut Racings better. Be sure to use lots of locktite and check them often.
Whats the difference?
Old 12-04-2005, 11:18 AM
RCtruckRacer

The PL's require you to use shims between the axle pin and the knuckle bearing to eliminate slop. The CNR's have a deeper cut for the axle pin, and they use the regular nut to tighten onto the wheel - thus eliminating the slop the PL's have. The design on the CNR's is completely superior.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:26 AM
benifur

The CNR ones use a big washer and the stock nut to hold the tire on, the PL use the 23mm nut so you'll need a wrench (29/32 seems to fit I couldn't find 23mm). I had trouble with the prolines coming loose no matter how much locktite I put on them. and it's kind of a pain just getting the nut started.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:37 AM
PillowPants

The CNR ones use a big washer and the stock nut to hold the tire on, the PL use the 23mm nut so you'll need a wrench (29/32 seems to fit I couldn't find 23mm). I had trouble with the prolines coming loose no matter how much locktite I put on them. and it's kind of a pain just getting the nut started.
Oh well, I'm not like a serious racer anyways, I just drive around my desert next to my house, nothing in the 40mph range... So I think i'll be ok. Oh and I bought the PL 23mm wheel wrench, it was 29 bucks... that kinda pissed me off... but oh well.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:40 AM
benifur

Bummer you bought the wrench I got the 29/32 for under $5.00
Old 12-04-2005, 11:48 AM
PillowPants

Uh oh... I'm kinda in a bad situation here. (little off-topic, but i could use some opinions..) When I originally started to order my HD hex's, wheels, and tires from Shopatron.com/proline, I had forgotten my password from the last time i ordered from there, so I figured hell i'll just make a new one, i really didnt feel like answering questions like what is your mother's maiden name..etc... So when i was done entering my credit card info and all that other crap, it said, "your order has been sent, but will not be placed due to CREDIT CARD FRAUD INVESTIGATION!" So I was like screw this man, and I went to towerhobbies and placed my order. But I am afraid that they will end up charging me for my order! I sent 2 email to that shopatron support line or w/e its called saying to please DELETE MY ORDER AND ALL ACCOUNTS UNDER MY NAME, but I am just worried that they'll want to like investigate and try to make it look like i'ma fraud!
Old 12-04-2005, 11:52 AM
RCtruckRacer

Just call your CC company. They will take care of it.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:56 AM
PillowPants

ORIGINAL: lstRacerX

Just call your CC company. They will take care of it.
Well it's my dad's credit card. He let my buy the stuff as a christmas gift, because my LHS has a crap selection of wheels/tires.. I'm 16 so I dont know what to tell my dad.. He hates online ordering anyways. oh boy... But do you think the are gunna charge me for my order?
Old 12-04-2005, 05:21 PM
marzac2

Bummer you bought the wrench I got the 29/32 for under $5.00

Yes the wrench is overpriced and shiney! But it really helps with starting the oversized nut much easier. And I use blue thread lock without any problems of loosening since they came out. I have not experienced the CNR ones though.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:47 PM
gkram

Hey TheHamburglar
Good to know there are other young people here too.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:27 AM
jjaus

Hi i actually have the very same setup "23mm hexes, Bowties and cheyenne wheels.
Ive raced a few times and haven't had anything come loose and i don't run any locktite on the 23mm nuts (although i usually check them before each race). the cheyennes look great but the edges do get knocked around a bit from rocks and other racers cars, but thats all part of it. i just touch them up a bit with some chrome or silver paint. as for performance, they drop your top speed down a little but it gives heaps of grip and good acceleration. Also if your gonna race with them take of the hub caps on race day as they will fly off with a good knock, and can be a bit hard to find.
If you click on my name (jjaus) i have a few pics in my gallery of my beast.
Cheers john
Old 12-05-2005, 02:59 PM
jcook

TheHamburglar,
Please feel free to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to look up your order status for you. I will need your order number to look up the info.

Thanks,
Jessica Cook
Pro-Line Racing
951-849-9781 Ex. 21
[email protected]
Old 12-05-2005, 05:20 PM
plecofish

I have PL 23mm hexes, and they work fine. If You suffer of stripped rims, like me, they are the solution.

Ok.... You need to shim that hexes....... but You need to shim the bearings near the outdive cup too, You need to shim the bearings inside the trasmission too, etc....... wherever You need shims..... so where is the problem ?

And with PL 23mm, I can use the CEN tires + Surefire 32......WOW!!!!!

When I installed teh PL 23mm hexes, I had new problems: broken axles and axles carriers....... So, like me, may be You need the
MIP axles (only axles, not full CVD's, they are crap) and New Era alu Knuckles.

Now my LST is really bulletproof.

About the cost?..... well are they expensive for You in USA?....so what they are for me in Italy?........ they cost about the double (that' s why I love E-commerce)

Last words for the PL wrench: yeah, it is expensive, but it is a fantastic tool. You cant put the correct torque only with your hands
on the 23 mm nuts....... You can lock the hexes easily, and work on the little nut at the same time..... and it is ......shiny...