Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Should I get an LST-2??

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 04:32 PM
ScMc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I get an LST-2??

I was planning on picking up a new truck and was looking at the Revo, MGT, Savage, Warhead, etc. and I never really looked at the LST2 for two reasons.

1)I love shopping at TowerHobbies because the website is real easy to navigate (Tower doesnt carry Losi stuff)

and

2)The design (for some reason, to me) looks a lot more complicated than the design of the other trucks listed.

What are the solutions to my two problems? Is the LST easier to work on that it looks to me? Is there any other place besides Horizon that keeps lots of parts in stock? Are there any forums besides this one online that are more focused towards the lst?

Also, what would the necesary upgrades to the LST-2 for bashing?

Thanks a lot for any help.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:56 PM
Nitronutt
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Should I get an LST-2??

1) Try http://www.horizonhobby.com/Shop/ByC...rodID=LOSB0015 or www.killerhobbies.com or Ebay (my lhs's have a good selection of common parts). My favorite Losi dealer is www.hobbyguyrc.com - he always has the best prices and has awesome service.

2) The design is great (Super easy) to work on. You can have both diffs out in 10-15 minutes. You can remove the tranny without removing the engine. You can adjust/replace the clutch without removing the engine. You only have 4 shocks to fill/tune/change springs on. With the horizontal plate design, everything is very easy to access.

3) www.lstcentral.com

4) The arms are supposedly upgraded on the LST 2 (Otherwise, I would replace the old style with RPM arms). It comes with aluminum diff cases. It has revised throttle/brake linkage (Thanks 2d). It looks to be RTR (Ready to Rock!).
Old 12-08-2005, 05:00 PM
2DMaxLST!!

Nitronutt:

Check out the HP brake pads and updated linkage on the LST2!!

Old 12-08-2005, 05:02 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Heck ya you should get it. Not even a question. Losi took something that was already a great platform, and improved all of it's shortcomings. Plus you get true club level radio equipment and servos- you are talking a hobby level JR XS3 Synthesized FM radio and solid JR servos.

Those other radios and servos are good enough to get by and that's it. By the sounds of things, and as stout as the LST is, it probably won't need anything to bash.

www.lstcentral.com

All LST from some pretty hardcore dudes. Couple of guys have LST-2s already.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:04 PM
Nitronutt

2D, are those pics from the implant? thanks for the clarification!
Old 12-08-2005, 05:07 PM
2DMaxLST!!

I boosted them from LST2_Pilot over at lstcentral. I did not realize it had the hp pads and linkage till I saw his pic.

BTW: I agree with what Nitronutt and Dale had to say and I would add that if you go with one of the others and then one day someone showed up with a LST2, you would be disappointed that you did not go with it. The new body is even .06 lexan!!
Old 12-08-2005, 05:42 PM
ScMc

How does the truck's durability compare with the Revo and Savage?
Old 12-08-2005, 07:03 PM
LST_II_Pilot

Boost dis!
Old 12-08-2005, 07:23 PM
2DMaxLST!!

I'm busted!!
Old 12-09-2005, 10:19 AM
Nitronutt

Reliability is about the same as my Savage. If you crash, you will break parts (That is a given with ANY vehicle). If you go with yellow springs and keep the jumps under 6' or so (Highest I've tried), you will not have any issues. Once I added the sway bar kit (1 Kit does both axles), the handling blew my Savage away so bad that I had to sell it (Never drove it - The LST was that much better!).
Old 12-09-2005, 11:18 AM
dOWa423

The LST2 conversion kit is not avail yet is it? I thought it was due in the end of Dec. [&:]
Old 12-09-2005, 11:55 AM
RCtruckRacer

I was at my LHS yesterday getting my Mini LST, and he had most of the parts, but not the actual kit itself, so you're probably right. But, you should be able to get the parts you want. I was looking at the axles/dogbones thinking about upgrading. The knuckles are new and take a larger axle bearing. The whole drivetrain looks quite a bit beefier than lst#1.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:43 AM
trackman

like everyone said for the extra 50 bucks it comes with all the important upgrades. a neighbor came over yesterday
with the lst2 wanting help with the break-in. it makes my old lst look like crap. the arms are considerably beefier
and even has threaded shock bodies. the lst2 is definatly the way to go. losi has been good about upgrading
problem areas in the past and it shows on this new truck. you wont be dissipointed.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:15 PM
GT Batman

I ran my LST2 for the first time yesterday and I must say that this truck is much better than the original. I think they fixed the CVD and arm problems. This thing took a beating and I never broke a part. I think the truck might be slightly longer, I had to elongate the holes in my LST1 body by about 1/4 inch total. I even tried the original shock towers to see if that was the difference, the LST2 definetly seems longer, but can't say for sure. OMG, the 427 engine just screams. I feel it is every but as powerful as my nova 28.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:21 PM
GT Batman

They also threw in this cool glow plug wrench with a 20mm socket for the tires. This was a nice surprise for me as was the rechargable receiver pack, they even give you a charger and glow ignitor. Some little things I didn't know about before I bought it.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:30 PM
oldshoolclod

It ROARS!!! no it SCREAMS!!!!!!!

Took mine for a run-in on saturday with my mate to look over me and see that i do everything right.(he's got the LST, the reason i bought the LST2!!)
Man, she wants so badly to fly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really had to hold back not to just let rip!! On the 3rd tank the engine came alive, really not expected it to!! Not being able to go over 1/2 throttle whilst holding ALL the power in your index finger........man so tempting.......!!!!!!!!!!

I cant WAIT till i can bash about!!!

If this isn't enough to get yourself one, well.............
GET ONE ANYWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-12-2005, 02:30 PM
kevlarcoatedtent

Would you say the RPM A-Arms arent needed on the LST2 then? (ignoring the fact that they can adjust camber)
Old 12-12-2005, 03:11 PM
GT Batman

ORIGINAL: kevlarcoatedtent

Would you say the RPM A-Arms arent needed on the LST2 then? (ignoring the fact that they can adjust camber)
From my one day of racing I would say the losi arms have been improved. I need more track time to say for sure. But I did a couple roll overs at WOT and nothing broke. When I did this with my LST1, I usually broke an axle or turnbuckle. I broke arms until upgrading to RPM.