Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Sending an engine to EB mods...

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 10:25 PM
PillowPants

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sending an engine to EB mods...

I am going to buy an LRP.28 and i want to get it modded by EB, if they'll do it. Does anybody know how i can contact them?
Old 01-29-2006, 10:56 PM
Devilmanak
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Sending an engine to EB mods...

www.ebmods.com
Call him, he is very busy but doesn't have any problems with talking about stuff over the phone. He may not want to even mess with that engine, but I couldn't say. He mostly does high-end and OS stuff, as he does testing and r&d for the engines before he sells them. I doubt that he has taken the time to work on an LRP. He is now doing OS's for distributors by the hundreds. But again, I couldn't say, just my guess. Call him.
His work is top notch.
Old 01-30-2006, 02:28 AM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

Why not just buy the Novarrosi? It is a better engine either way. Shoot me a PM, and I can hook you up with a link for an extremely cheap Novarossi NIB from a website.
Old 01-30-2006, 03:34 AM
jedelaney

I could never figure out why some people will do whatever they can to cut corners instead of just doing what almost everybody has already said is the best way to go. JUST GET THE NOVAROSSI AND BOLT ON THE LOSI ROTOSTART. You only have to be concerned with the price ONCE, the quality will ALWAYS be there instead of going the cheap or low cost way and wishing everyday afterwards that you had just gone with the best in the first place. EBMods sells (or they did anyway) un-modded engines and modded engines. I can't remember ever hearing anybody say anything bad about this guy. He won't steer you wrong.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:22 AM
diggs

The NOva Rossi is already broken in? Got a link to them?
Old 01-30-2006, 12:33 PM
jedelaney

I don't know if you're talking to me or not but I never said they were already broken in, EB sells them stock and modded. RBMods also sells them both ways (I think) at ebmods.net
Old 01-30-2006, 12:35 PM
jedelaney

Sorry about that, RBMods web address is rbmods.net
Old 01-30-2006, 04:49 PM
PillowPants

ORIGINAL: jedelaney

I could never figure out why some people will do whatever they can to cut corners instead of just doing what almost everybody has already said is the best way to go. JUST GET THE NOVAROSSI AND BOLT ON THE LOSI ROTOSTART. You only have to be concerned with the price ONCE, the quality will ALWAYS be there instead of going the cheap or low cost way and wishing everyday afterwards that you had just gone with the best in the first place. EBMods sells (or they did anyway) un-modded engines and modded engines. I can't remember ever hearing anybody say anything bad about this guy. He won't steer you wrong.
YOU WANNA LEND ME $560? NO? DIDNT THINK SO! Not everybody can just magicly pull nearly 600 bucks out of their butts..
Old 01-30-2006, 04:58 PM
A.B.U

Because, smart one.. NOT EVERYONE WILL PAY $500 FOR AN ENGINE! And porting an engine, ISNT cutting corners.. it's making your engine what it should have been from the factory, which will allow it to produce more power. Also, porting an engine, is CHEAPER than that $500 waste, IMO. what are you oging to do when that rossi loses compression? Buy a friggen $200 replacement piston/sleeve? Or however much that over priced thing is.. EXACTLY. Much cheaper to buy a 50 or 100 dollar piston/sleve replacement and reporting it.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:00 PM
claudacio
My Feedback: (9)

$560? I got the 8 port non modded (which in all reality to we need it modded) for $309 + shipping. WHere did you see a nova for that much. Hamb, it would be a good move to just get the nova, are you some kind of serious reacer? I'm not being funny or sarcastic in any way with that statement. If not the nova is gonna be way more than any of us bashers need.

If you buy the lrp which is roughly $170 - 180, correct? Now add the $100 - 150 for modding and double, matter of fact triple the shipping, and then lose some of the lrp's reliability and tunability, when you could just buy the same nova 8 port that I got for $309 and still probably have more overall performance and reliability and ease of tuning than going with the modded lrp. Not that the lrp is bad, but is it worth all that, just to get the lrp and have it perform like a nova.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:02 PM
PillowPants

ORIGINAL: claudacio

$560? I got the 8 port non modded (which in all reality to we need it modded) for $309 + shipping. WHere did you see a nova for that much. Hamb, it would be a good move to just get the nova, are you some kind of serious reacer? I'm not being funny or sarcastic in any way with that statement. If not the nova is gonna be way more than any of us bashers need.

If you buy the lrp which is roughly $170 - 180, correct? Now add the $100 - 150 for modding and double, matter of fact triple the shipping, and then lose some of the lrp's reliability and tunability, when you could just buy the same nova 8 port that I got for $309 and still probably have more overall performance and reliability and ease of tuning than going with the modded lrp. Not that the lrp is bad, but is it worth all that, just to get the lrp and have it perform like a nova.
You gotta link to this $310 NOVA?
Old 01-30-2006, 05:02 PM
A.B.U

Woah woah wait! Link to site where you got it plzkthx
Old 01-30-2006, 05:06 PM
claudacio

Heres the link, but I think I am the ******* that bought the last one they had in stock. I got the one with the black head, but they still have several others there. If you are interested in the 3 port I can get you a link for one @ $179.

http://www.speedtechnitro.com/asp/eb...nid=68&id=5384

Where were you guys finding these $500+ novas????
Old 01-30-2006, 05:07 PM
PillowPants

Heres the link, but I think I am the ******* that bought the last one they had in stock. I got the one with the black head, but they still have several others there. If you are interested in the 3 port I can get you a link for one @ $179.

http://www.speedtechnitro.com/asp/eb...nid=68&id=5384

Where were you guys finding these $500+ novas????
Alright, so DIRECT-BOLT-ON losi rotostart compatabe, right? And what kind of clutch set-up are you running? I hear that engines like the nova eat the LST1's clutch alive..

I found them @ nitrowarehouse.com.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:12 PM
jedelaney

A fully modded 528 XRP .28 from EB Mods is $424.99 plus $5.00 shipping and handling inside the USA. Mind you I said FULLY modded from what is arguably the best (or at least in the top 3) engine modder in the R/C business. It's not $560. to $600. and when you are done you've got the BEST, not second, third, forth or tenth best that you will NOT regret. Sorry if I come off as a SMARTY but I've had plenty of experience in my life of trying to save money and cut corners when in the long run I've ended up spending more than I would have if I just did the right thing in the first place. If $400 is too much then add up all the money you've spent on all the other upgrades, I'll bet it's A LOT more that $400. You have to sit down and figure out your priorities are before you go willy nilly buying everything under the sun, because I will agree with you, few people can afford to go hog wild and buy everything they want, especially if you want the best in everything. Don't get on my case for trying to offer a little friendly advice instead of encouraging someone to go low and replace often.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:19 PM
jedelaney

I've had the best luck with Mugen aluminum shoes and Mugen 1.0 or 1.1 springs. Other than that my clutch is completely stock. Ive tried Crazy Nut springs and all three springs snapped (I went through 3 sets) before I was directed to Mugen. The rotostart (LST) will bolt directly on except for the need to elongate two of the four holes in the plastic rotostart cover plate. The rotostart version of the Nova 528 is probably about $30 to $50 more ( I think). Call EB Mods and talk to him, He's more than willing to answer all your questions.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:19 PM
PillowPants

A fully modded 528 XRP .28 from EB Mods is $424.99 plus $5.00 shipping and handling inside the USA. Mind you I said FULLY modded from what is arguably the best (or at least in the top 3) engine modder in the R/C business. It's not $560. to $600. and when you are done you've got the BEST, not second, third, forth or tenth best that you will NOT regret. Sorry if I come off as a SMARTY but I've had plenty of experience in my life of trying to save money and cut corners when in the long run I've ended up spending more than I would have if I just did the right thing in the first place. If $400 is too much then add up all the money you've spent on all the other upgrades, I'll bet it's A LOT more that $400. You have to sit down and figure out your priorities are before you go willy nilly buying everything under the sun, because I will agree with you, few people can afford to go hog wild and buy everything they want, especially if you want the best in everything. Don't get on my case for trying to offer a little friendly advice instead of encouraging someone to go low and replace often.
It's cool.. You just kinda came off sounding a bit rude.. Making me feel like an idiot for even CONSIDERING anything BUT the best.. But now now that i can get one for only $310 i'll get it instead.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:25 PM
claudacio

All you need is the one way shaft and the mach backplate, what you'll have to do is elongate the holes on the back plate to make it fit. Thank jedelaney for that mod. Also I am going to be running the werks clutch myself, but I think the stock LST2 alloy clutch shoes should do a decent job, without killing you're wallet.

Also heres a sight dedicated to the LST and hoping it up, its a little bleak on the step by step but I'm sure you can figure the stuff out, no prob. Aside from being able to put the mach start setup on it shows how to put the HPI setup on but its kinda pricey, I myself am going stick with the mach setup.

http://www.projectlst.com/

Check out the engine section, it actualy goes through putting in a nova.

Also check out nitrohouse at this link for prices on nova's, but I have to warn you they are a little on the high side of things.

Heres the link for the for the 3 port for $179, look on the left side of the page for where it says novarossi specials.

http://www.mugenracing.com/shop/index.html

Sorry, took a while to find everything.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:32 PM
claudacio

You can buy the nova with the roto start (tiger style, wu-tang igga what) but its really hard from what I hear to use. You can do it 2 ways, one point it towards the front of the truck and fight it in, and remove the body every time you start it. Or two, you can remove you're battery holder thats below the rear (header side) of you engine, and relocate the battery and drill a 6mm hole dead on where the port for the tiger drive is and flip the truck over everytime you start it, I hear alot of peeps are doing it that way. I myself am going to do the mach setup, for break in and then return to the pullstart, as I hate carrying a drill/spin start etc... around with me.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:43 PM
PillowPants

You can buy the nova with the roto start (tiger style, wu-tang igga what) but its really hard from what I hear to use. You can do it 2 ways, one point it towards the front of the truck and fight it in, and remove the body every time you start it. Or two, you can remove you're battery holder thats below the rear (header side) of you engine, and relocate the battery and drill a 6mm hole dead on where the port for the tiger drive is and flip the truck over everytime you start it, I hear alot of peeps are doing it that way. I myself am going to do the mach setup, for break in and then return to the pullstart, as I hate carrying a drill/spin start etc... around with me.
Yeah, i'll probably just keep the pull start on. The losi roto-starter is heavier and larger than my controller and fuel bottle combined!
Old 01-30-2006, 05:51 PM
claudacio

Ham I had a whole thread going on the novas over at lstcentral, heres the link if you want. It might give you some more perspective. Got some good posts on there with some good info that I have been regurgitating to you. But there some more stuff if you'd likee to read it, I would start with page 2 but thats up to you.

http://lstcentral.com/modules.php?na...dd7448d0d21beb

so good info on there such as pipes and other stuff etc...
Old 01-30-2006, 05:51 PM
gkram

But just curious don't you think the roto start is easier. Both my brothers have t-maxxs and hate the pull start. I thought i was lucky with the roto start.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:56 PM
PillowPants

ORIGINAL: gkram

But just curious don't you think the roto start is easier. Both my brothers have t-maxxs and hate the pull start. I thought i was lucky with the roto start.
Once you get your tuning dialed in and get your engine running strong it'll take only 1-4 pulls before your up running. No batteries to charge, nothing to lug around.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:08 PM
claudacio

Nail on the head hamb, who wants to carry that stuff around.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:09 PM
gkram

yeah true. I don't use the stock what ever you call it. i just use stick it in a mulwaukee. that gets the job done since the stock one is broke.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.