Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Black Losi Springs, Oil weight...

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 11:20 AM
bentgear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Black Losi Springs, Oil weight...

Ken, just wondering if you had checked to see if they were mounted backwards yet and that was the problem? I think this may be the cause of several bad steering reports.

Ed M.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:38 AM
Ken448

nope, I have never changed the carriers. Good thought (and tip) though. I changed the front shocks to silver springs and went down to 20wt oil. It seemed to work good. So now I am running Black with 30wt in Rear with thin swaybar. Silver with 20wt in front with no swayber and 30K front and rear.
Old 04-16-2006, 12:00 PM
claudacio
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: bentgear

Ken, just wondering if you had checked to see if they were mounted backwards yet and that was the problem? I think this may be the cause of several bad steering reports.

Ed M.
Although I was having an issue after reassembling my truck last weekend, the wheels were sticking when turned all the way. After you posted that I checked mine out and they were backwards, the ears of the spindles catch on the c hubs when the spindles are reversed.
Old 04-16-2006, 01:44 PM
bentgear

claudacio, if you ever need to reverse them on purpose then you may have to do a little light grinding with a Dremmel for clearance.

Ken, glad you got it worked out. You might try moving the sway bar links in on the sway bar and if this makes it more to your likeing then try the thicker sway bar.

Ed M.