Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Revo 3.3 vs. LST2? I know you hate this!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 10:03 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Revo 3.3 vs. LST2? I know you hate this!

apparently your post button broke too
Old 04-29-2006, 10:20 PM
DawgBone

actually it's my browser that's broke....it's raining like a MFer...and seems to be effecting my browser...and I ended up here on RCU...%$#%$#%$

Old 04-29-2006, 10:28 PM
2DMaxLST!!

I just put multiple laps on 4 Revo 3.3's at my local club race.
Old 04-29-2006, 10:33 PM
DawgBone

ORIGINAL: 2DMaxLST!!

you know I demand video....right...

although...I have no doubt in my mind that you did... [8D]
Old 04-30-2006, 12:16 AM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

That's awesome, dude... but I'll be honest with you... not impressing me until I see you racing someone with as much skills as you have.... like at a national event (weren't you going to do that this year?) I've raced you and I know you're an awesome driver, that's why I'm not as impressed. [X(]
Old 04-30-2006, 12:24 AM
PillowPants

I could TOTALLY take you 2D![>:]
Old 04-30-2006, 01:42 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

He's afraid of my Savage. don't worry about him!
Old 04-30-2006, 02:07 AM
EG1

Ya know its strange but the weight of the LST2 is actually an advantage, its makes the truck very stable. REVO's can do well on very smooth tracks, but if you run on outdoor(read: rough) tracks the REVO is just way to unstable and gets tossed all over the place. Traxxas needs to come out with a kit version because the engines they use are junk. The 2.5R is a bad joke...gone wrong.
Old 04-30-2006, 02:09 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: EG1

The 2.5R is a bad joke...gone wrong.
Kinda like when you think it'd be funny to jump out and scare a guy-then you find out he's had six quadruple-bypass surgeries
Old 04-30-2006, 02:24 AM
cruiserx

ORIGINAL: EG1

Ya know its strange but the weight of the LST2 is actually an advantage, its makes the truck very stable. REVO's can do well on very smooth tracks, but if you run on outdoor(read: rough) tracks the REVO is just way to unstable and gets tossed all over the place. Traxxas needs to come out with a kit version because the engines they use are junk. The 2.5R is a bad joke...gone wrong.
at least when they first come out they did'nt have an extra washer in them....and i guess i forgot,, what small block engine did team losi make that was better?? and had more power??
Old 04-30-2006, 02:26 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Losi has never manufactured their own engines. They were too busy building championship winning chassis kits when Traxxas was peddling Bandits and Stampedes in kit form to n00bs
Old 04-30-2006, 02:35 AM
cruiserx

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

Losi has never manufactured their own engines. They were too busy building championship winning chassis kits when Traxxas was peddling Bandits and Stampedes in kit form to n00bs
and then they went on and built the t-maxx...that when the team losi designers where getting ready to design there own monster truck had one on there table thinking of how they could beat that....traxxas led the way in nitro monsters..i think they are doing ok..
Old 04-30-2006, 10:01 AM
2DMaxLST!!

I'm not even a Revo guy but this fresh meat looks good.

Old 04-30-2006, 10:25 AM
fourwheels0
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

now that's funny. i don't care who you are.
Old 04-30-2006, 10:51 AM
bauerbach

ORIGINAL: REVOFAMILY

That's awesome, dude... but I'll be honest with you... not impressing me until I see you racing someone with as much skills as you have.... like at a national event (weren't you going to do that this year?) I've raced you and I know you're an awesome driver, that's why I'm not as impressed. [X(]
lol he speaks the truth.

not to mention a truck half as modified as yours.

your quite the driver with a truck custom tailored to fit you. you'd put(and Im sure you do) multiple laps on LST's just the same. meanwhile there are revos at my track that put 2 or 3 laps on me...

and yes, video.

you have the HD video right? you gotta set that up at the track, cover the whole track with it; and just record the race. not just you. I wanna see how you drive in the big picture start to finish for a qualifier or something. good study material lol.
Old 04-30-2006, 10:52 AM
PillowPants

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

He's afraid of my Savage. don't worry about him!
Who's afraid of your savage?! I own one with a SF.32! lol.
Old 04-30-2006, 11:04 AM
2DMaxLST!!

I actually have some HD video from the race yesterday. I'm working on rendering it now. It was taken by my pit guy during the main. I had him refuel me once and in between he ran out on the track and grabbed some footage. He had never used my camera so it will have some fast zooming from what I have seen of it.

Old 04-30-2006, 12:20 PM
Chronic

Excuses, excuses.... Nice win 2D, and I'd like to see the vid also... but for different reasons than posted above.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:44 PM
claudacio
My Feedback: (9)

So with all the trash I talked previously in this thread, I figured I better go get some better insight on the revo other than the few times I drove them with a nervous uptight owner watching like a hawk, so seeing my cousin had one (2.5R version) that doesnt see much use I might as well go and beat the snot out of it and see what its really about this weekend. Today we packed up my LST2, his stock LST2, and the revo which is stock other than the P2 rocker kit.

The first issue we had with the revo was the fact that these small rocks kept getting stuck in the drive shafts and locking the wheels up instantly. Although I will have to say I was wrong about the size if them, I looked at the revo on so many occasions and automatically assumed the driveshafts were all small and dinky like the maxx's are, but they are beefy. But things get stuck in them, so there was the first thumbs down. I would take CVD's anyday of the week. Other than that, the only thing that was killing it was the lack of power. Revofam, on a serious note, man I cant see how you think the 2.5r has any type of balls what so ever. Not that this was the first time I have ran this engine but I really appreciate the power of a big block these days, side by side, tuned to almost the point of cutting out and being to lean at temps above 250 sometimes way above 250, the stock LST2 was gone on this thing while running nice and cool. It did not have a shot what so ever, in any scenario. The only thing I can say I liked about it was the handling, I do give it some credit there. It does handle as well as its cracked up to. But I still think if you put a big enough engine to be comprible to the LST2's m427, its gonna be to overpowering and twitchy.

As for the 3.3 engine, I was at wolcott hobby raceway on saturday and there was a 3.3 maxx there. I didnt think it was all that either, I dont think its as close to an OS 18tm as everyone thinks it is/gonna be. The first thing my cousin said when he saw it run, "thank god I didnt waist my money on that 3.3 revo, that engine isnt anything special". Thats coming from someone with no real opinion on this subject yet and has literally just got into the hobby in the past couple of months. It definitely looks like a big step above the 2.5, but its still not on the big block level.

Going back to the original question of the topic, I will have to say the LST2 is a far better all around truck out of the box. I know there is a few including revofam that say the JR XS3 is garbage and is not worth whatever, and there is no way justify the $600 or whatever cost by saying it has a $200 radio, but you should have seen the mob of people with traxxas TQ3's fighting for a frequency clip or standing around watching becasue every single AM channel is taken. The simple fact that you can switch over to whatever channel on the XS3 more than justifies saying its a $450 truck with a $200 radio. And with the 3.3 revo's $500+ and the 2.5 revos $450+ price tag, the LST2 @ $600 is a deal all day long. The only thing the revo has over the LST2 is the center diff/rear brake option, which doesnt come in the box, so without a doubt I will still have to say the LST2 is better out of the box by alot. Its almost undeniable.
Old 04-30-2006, 11:06 PM
cruiserx

claudacio,,,cant argue with you about the lst2..its a great truck out of the box...i do think that one thing that traxxas does wrong is way over gear the revo and t-maxx..i put the 14/40 gear on my 2.5r revo and it made a world of differance...it was pretty doggy before i did that..i run with a first generation lst..its all stock...the revo 2.5r keeps up with it no problem...the lst2 must be a lot quicker than the first gen lst or something...or yours runs exceptionally good..
Old 04-30-2006, 11:38 PM
RenegadeRevo

Claudacio -

I appreciate that you actually took the challenge... and drove one for yourself. Just a few clarifications.... the 2.5r is a hit and miss engine. I have had great experiences with it, however I LOVE my TM323, which makes it EXTREMELY powerful (have to switch to a 16/36 gearing to keep the front end down) The 2.5r doesn't have the torque the Mach .26 has (it can't... physics won't allow it) but it is a VERY potent motor. (when tuned correctly... as with any engine)... AND... people say it's "underpowered" for the Revo, which I disagree. I I think it has plenty of power to push the little 9lb truck... Also, I never said the XS3 is crap... I like it... it's a great radio. I just don't think it makes the $625-650 price tag on the LST/2 more "value for the money". For general bashing... the TQ3 does just fine. I have always stated that if I were to start racing, I'd dump the TQ3 and get a different radio... the TQ3 is not a great racing radio due to the AM frequency. I have yet to have problems with mine.... and it does just fine as a general radio. Many of the "arguments" about the XS3 is that it's a $200 radio... which makes up for the $200 difference in price... and that is simply not true... because the TQ3 system is approximately $100-150 from Traxxas, which cuts the price difference to $50-100. That was my comment about the radio, not that the XS3 is crap... I like it... and I'd love to get one.... I just don't feel the need.
Old 04-30-2006, 11:52 PM
PillowPants

The traxxas radio is fine for bashing, never gave me any troubles, but i'd imagine it'd be a real PITA at the track.. The XS3 is no M11, but atleast It'll get the job done at the track..
Old 05-01-2006, 12:05 AM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: TheHamburglar

The traxxas radio is fine for bashing, never gave me any troubles, but i'd imagine it'd be a real PITA at the track.. The XS3 is no M11, but atleast It'll get the job done at the track..
Honestly, I didn't have any problem at the track because everyone had DX3's, M11's, and XS3's... there was like 2 of us that had AM radios. LOL... but I agree... I wouldn't be a "racer" with a TQ-3... even though I've taken that gamble and not had issues.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:46 AM
Chronic

If that was the only benefit, I'd agree with you. You're leaving out the fact that it has adjustments that the RTR AM radios don't have, not to mention the superior signal processing which equals better response and longer range. Those are features that anyone can appreciate, not just racers. A good radio is a HUGE plus. I had the same opinion on this issue as you until I actually bought a better radio, and now I'll never go back.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:31 AM
2DMaxLST!!

This is completely raw footage. The guy who pitted me ran out on the track and snagged some video before and after he fueled me.

[link=http://lstvideos.com/monsterMain_T4BB_04292006.wmv]Video: 9 minutes of racing action WMV file[/link]

You will need this free DivX player to play this higher res version.
[link=http://lstvideos.com/monsterMain_T4BB_04292006.divx]Video: 9 minutes of racing action divx file[/link]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.