Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Charging my TX batteries.. in the radio?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 12:23 AM
Re-Builder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charging my TX batteries.. in the radio?

I have a JR8103 TX for my airplanes and use a field charger to "top it off" at the field on days I go out and fly my planes. Now that I have an LST, can I charge my TX with the same field charger using the same plug? I have the Venom 2400 MH NiMH AA's. I plugged in a volt meter and can read the voltage on the TX but wanted to ask if anyone else charges the batteries in the TX. I know the quick charges don't last as long and are hard on the batteries if done all the time, but if I really need a charge quick.....

What say you??

RB
Old 04-28-2006, 09:21 AM
mikewoodkozar

Default RE: Charging my TX batteries.. in the radio?

I pull my AA'a out whilst still in the holder and rigged up an adapter to charge them, works really really well, i am consistantly getting 2900-3100mah in them!
Old 04-28-2006, 09:26 AM
RCtruckRacer

I charge my tx batts in the pistol, but I use a Duratrax Ice charger - keeping the amp rate at 1C or lower for AA size batts. When you say quick charge, how many amps are you talking? A 2400mah battery can take a charge of 2.4 amps very readily (1C). Sub C size and larger can handle a charge rate of 2C.
Just for grins, I cycled the pack in my tx recently, and after many many charges over the last 6 months, they still top out at over 2500 mah (I use 2500mah Powerex batteries from Thomas Distributing). When I am at the track and I notice the voltage on the tx down below 10.2, I will go ahead and top off the charge.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:03 AM
bauerbach

damn 2400-3000mah?

I picked up a pack from LHS and its only 700mah.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:09 AM
mikewoodkozar

I use a great planes triton

Why arent pics working on RCU?
Old 04-28-2006, 10:08 PM
DaveG55

I've never been able to get my tx batterys to charge fully in the radio. I usually just take the battery pack out and use clips to hook it to the charger.
I've heard that the reason for the incomplete charge is due to the charging circut diode. Here's a link on how to bypass that diode. I've not tried it yet but thought others might be intrested.
http://www.siriuselectronics.com/dio...ets/jrXR3d.htm