Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

2DMaxLST!! .......

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 08:27 PM
JSRacer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2DMaxLST!! .......

2D, Some time back you posted the top 5 or 10 upgrades in your opinion. I've tried to search for this with no luck. If or when you get a chance, can you list your upgrades in order from most important to least and maybe why? I think most of us on this forum would appreciate it.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:32 PM
mikewoodkozar

Default RE: 2DMaxLST!! .......

i am sure i have hit all of them already, but i am sure i am going to take a gander
Old 05-15-2006, 08:38 PM
JSRacer

Mikewood, can you list your's also?
Old 05-15-2006, 09:00 PM
2DMaxLST!!

I assume you mean a LST2 for racing??
Old 05-15-2006, 09:06 PM
Racing T

I am interested in knowing the list for racing...
Old 05-15-2006, 09:07 PM
JSRacer

Yes, racing.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:29 PM
2DMaxLST!!

Here's video of my LST and a Kyosho Inferno 777 ST-R from Friday night. You can see out track is well groomed but not watered (very slick......). I am running Panther Pythons (med soft compound) on stock LST2 wheels. I have tried lots of different tires and I always go back to Panther Pythons. I run stock LST2 20mm hex wheels because the only difference between them and ProLine 40 series is that they are cheaper..... I have a new set of Panther Python's clay compound, they look real good!!!

[link=http://lstvideos.com/05122006_track_practice_700.wmv]Video: Practice from Friday night, your track may be different...[/link]

The nice thing about Panther Pythons is you get three compounds (clay pictured) soft and med-soft.... I keep going back to Panther Pythons...

Edit: The number one upgrade is tires!!! Keep the stockers for beating around but buy and nice set of racing tires for the track.Inferno
Old 05-15-2006, 11:35 PM
DawgBone

HOLY CRAP!!! look at the cat hair on that tire[X(]

have you tried cutting them yet?
Old 05-15-2006, 11:45 PM
2DMaxLST!!

I swear I can open a package and place a item on the desk for a picture and it already has [link=http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c380/2DMaxLST/2DMaxLST2/lsts_0540Large.jpg]LEO[/link] hair!! I just received the clay compound today. I have not ran them yet but I really like the way they feel, I can tell they will be nice. I have not had the patience to cut them.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:48 PM
geepfreek

i couldnt stop lmao over the pink carpet did notice the cat hair

it would prolly be hard to loose parts though
Old 05-16-2006, 08:14 AM
mikewoodkozar

ORIGINAL: Vroddog1130

Mikewood, can you list your's also?
My top ten list goes something like this in no specific order:

1. Forward only kit
2. Some kind of race tire (the best one for your track)
3. Sway bars
4. An upgraderd clutch (there are a lot of good options out there)
5. Aluminum diff cases (if you have an LST1)
6. Teardon and rebuild entire truck (every screw, nut and nolt) mine rolled out of the factory "not so ready to run"
7. Hexheads screw kit
8. Aluminum spindles (if you have an LST2)
9. Clean, degrease and replace fluid in the diffs
10. RPM arms (if you have an LST1)
Old 05-16-2006, 08:31 AM
mikewoodkozar

Hey 2d,

Your track is so much like mine it is scary! What is your setup that you have found to be working well for you? I am running white springs with 30wt fluid, thin sway bars front and rear, one degree of toe out in the front and i have the suspension arms level with the ground.

I am interested to hear how you have it setup as like i said my track is about the same.

Also, that inferno makes me shiver. Pretty awesome truck right out of the box. However on the track you are running on, it looks like the extra weight of the LST keeps traction better than the ST-R. What engine are you running and what engine was the ST-R running? Does he race in the same class as you?

The WOOD
Old 05-16-2006, 08:50 AM
2DMaxLST!!

It was real dry and slick that day. The Kyosho Inferno is the best truggy I see at the track and I see them all. That one has a Novarossi but he was still dialing it in. They race them (as they should) in their own unlimited class. The next day when he was racing it would not have been a contest, they have the best steering I have seen in a truggy.

In that video I am running a LRP Spec 2 with over five gallons and the Werks pipe. I also have +2 pinions. I was testing 27.5wt shock oil and stock springs but I will go back to 25wt and white springs. I run only the light swaybar in the rear. The white springs seem to be just a bit longer than the stockers. I put very little pre-load on them.

During the race the next day I used white springs with 27.5wt shock oil but was still flying/turning better with 25wt shock oil. I have gone back to stock gearing because we don't have the massive straight with long sweeper in this configuration and I need the extreme lowend more. I must master that double!!

In the early part of the video you can see I'm trying to figure out why it will not accelerate straight on this loose track. My rear diff had a notchy feel to it. I had a new diff from a ebay chop shop that felt real smooth. I took it apart and discovered that is did not have the shims behind the spyders. I went ahead and cleaned out the grease and added 10k. The next day I was accelerating in a straight line. I like to run 30k up front with 10k in the back on that track. I'm dying to try the clay compound Pythons.
Old 05-16-2006, 11:39 AM
mikewoodkozar

Thanks for the input! I am still trying to dial in my truck for my track, and now they are going to redesign the whole thing! I guess its back to the drawing board.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:09 PM
bauerbach

I heard you could soak tires in simple green and that could make any tire into an ultrasoft tire for maximum grip.

ever try that? work well? or does it get too mushy and lose its cornering?
Old 05-16-2006, 12:42 PM
2DMaxLST!!

I've sprayed them with PAM to repel mud on a sticky mud type track. I always wash my tires with Simple Green but I have never soaked them in it. It does make your tires look like new.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:54 PM
DawgBone

I have heard of soaking them....I have also heard of people doing heat treatment...but they seemed to get even harder than they were when they cool...

The Clay compound made a drastic difference from med/soft at my local track...dry and alot of loose stuff on top...they are SUPER sticky when you are in the middle and on top of the hard packed stuff...I had to fight wheelies in the corners at times...

I started to cut them to see if I could get better traction...I first started by cutting the first three outside rows of nobbies...as it takes time to do this...but I just wanted to test it....

now...my rear tires are done completely and my fronts are the same way as in the pics....I have had the best grip so far...with steady faster lap times each time I tested them...

I'm now in the process of yet another retarded idea...I plan to take my pythons off of the front wheels...and taping a thin piece of foam in the middle of the wheels...to make the foot print of the tire is more round and bring nobbies to the sidewall(let me know if that makes sence)...I'm hoping that this will help turn in...
Old 05-16-2006, 02:37 PM
hunter306

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Mike, Where do you race around Schoolcraft Area? I'm semi-nearby and was curious what kindof off-road course are open... I've haven't gotten a chance to drive on a track yet, it looks like a riot.

Lemme know.
-J
Old 05-16-2006, 06:16 PM
mikewoodkozar

ORIGINAL: hunter306

Hey Mike, Where do you race around Schoolcraft Area? I'm semi-nearby and was curious what kindof off-road course are open... I've haven't gotten a chance to drive on a track yet, it looks like a riot.

Lemme know.
-J
I think you may be confused as to which Schoolcraft. I live 8 miles south of Kalamazoo (in a small village called the Schoolcraft).

But if infact you are still close, i race at Hobby-sports.com (formerly R&L hobbies).

They have a pretty big outdoor track and the next race is June 3rd. I would love to see another LST out there (somebody please come help me beat up these Revos!).
Old 05-16-2006, 06:34 PM
RCKid1992

We still need that top 10 list from you 2D!!!!

I list of most of the mod you have done to your LST would be super sweet too...[8D][8D][8D]
Old 05-16-2006, 06:46 PM
mikewoodkozar

word
Old 05-16-2006, 07:05 PM
JSRacer

I put the BAC steering link in and now I'm out of toe adjustment. I'm toed-in in the front (trying to toe-out) and have no more adjustment in my turnbuckles. What's up with that?
Old 05-16-2006, 08:00 PM
mikewoodkozar

you could get the Lunsford Ti turnbuckles, maybe that would help?
Old 05-16-2006, 08:12 PM
claudacio
My Feedback: (9)

I put the BAC steering link in and now I'm out of toe adjustment. I'm toed-in in the front (trying to toe-out) and have no more adjustment in my turnbuckles. What's up with that?

Did you try unbolting the end thats on the spindle and try making it up that way to make sure you get all the adjustment possible? Did you remove the carrier/spindles? They can be installed backwards/upside down, theres R & L stamped on each one. I have never heard of any issues with the BAC link like your describing, go through your assembly and I'm sure you'll find something.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:50 PM
mikewoodkozar

ORIGINAL: claudacio

Did you try unbolting the end thats on the spindle and try making it up that way to make sure you get all the adjustment possible? Did you remove the carrier/spindles? They can be installed backwards/upside down, theres R & L stamped on each one. I have never heard of any issues with the BAC link like your describing, go through your assembly and I'm sure you'll find something.
Are there any advantages to installing the carriers upside down or on the opposite sides? IE more steering or more camber?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.