Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

headache!?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 08:49 AM
tat2mike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headache!?!

I love the way my lst 1 runs there isnt much that can pass me on the track until something on my turnbuckle breaks like a screw just that small little screw that holds it by the tire this happens just about every race i see other trucks cartwheeling landing right on the rim a dozen times and they just keep going and going but me i hit the piping one time or another truck hits me and im out of the race ***!! is it possible the 40 series rims and tires are my problem? where can i get a titanium screw kit? any help would be appreciated
Old 05-27-2006, 09:33 AM
bauerbach

Default RE: headache!?!

could get hexscrews if you havent already.

or titanium screws.

Im assuming youve got rpm a-arms and aluminum carriers and spindles. otherwise I dont know how in the heck your shearing that screw off without breaking something else first.
Old 05-27-2006, 05:49 PM
unclezesta
My Feedback: (1)

has this happened more than once? stuff breaks man, and thats a heavy wear area. it could have been weakened by repetative abbuse
Old 05-28-2006, 07:21 AM
tat2mike

yeah it happens all the time and yes i have rpm arms alum. c hubs and steering blocks lunsford turnbuckles and i run stock ball ends i have mip cvds on order i just need stronger screws i have stainless hardwear now but i think its to soft
Old 05-28-2006, 08:08 AM
mikewoodkozar

The mip cvd's are garbage, do you have the rc screws stainless steel kit? Casue if you do, that is the problem, biggest piece of junk i have ever seen marketed.
Old 05-28-2006, 10:32 AM
bauerbach

unfortunatly youve kinda set yourself up for the screw to fail. replace it and you'll ask why the hinge pins or ball ends keep failing. SOMETHINGS gonna give.

http://www.titaniumracing.com/produc...num=179&mnu=80