Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

My super lucky crazy deal of the year!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 09:04 PM
mikewoodkozar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My super lucky crazy deal of the year!

Okay, so i scored LST number three yesterday cause i just couldnt pass up the deal!

Here is what i got:

Complete LST1 almost brand new with no mods
- All stock JR servos, JR synth radio and rx, and a not even broke in Mach .26
2 Spare motors (mach .26's, so thats a total of three motors included in the deal!)
a brand new High capacity fuel tank
rotostarter
flywheel puller
2 stick packs for the rotostarter
and a bag full of misc crap

Okay, okay so how much right?

I got the whole deal for $285.00 and he lived only 30 minutes away so i didnt have to pay for shipping!

Now i can slowly make this a basher, but the coolest part is that i use a Futaba 3PK with a Spektrum module on my cars, so i have no need for the radio gear. So the radio gear is going to hit ebay, blammo the deal just gets better. The radio will easily fetch around a hundred smackers which makes this deal oh so sweet.

And now i finally get to mess around and try my hand at a port and polish job on one of my newly aquired spare engines! I am very stoked.

Just though i would share with you guys.
Old 06-03-2006, 09:12 PM
TGreg24

Default RE: My super lucky crazy deal of the year!

"Great deal"

Old 06-03-2006, 09:15 PM
mikewoodkozar

This is my third LST, i currently have three of them, so.......
Old 06-03-2006, 09:17 PM
RCtruckRacer

I just scored an M11 with the Spektrum Pro module for $375 at my LHS. Not quite the deal you got, but I can't wait to start using it!
Old 06-03-2006, 09:22 PM
mikewoodkozar

That sounds sweet, that has four channels now right? Supposedly you can program in an independent braking servo with it. Dont know if the fourth channel works with the spektrum though.

Man, is this the first time you have used the spektrum? If so , you are going to love it! I will never go back.
Old 06-03-2006, 09:45 PM
TGreg24

i obvisously didnt mean to insult you. "im sry"
Old 06-04-2006, 12:10 AM
RCtruckRacer

I have had the DX3 since the day it came out. But I have had problems when quite a few peoplw use a spektrum at the same time. It seems the old systems have to process ALL of the signals in the air, even though it only communicates via specific frequencies. I am not toally up on what specifically is going on, but occasionally I lose contact for 4 seconds (while the unit re-binds or something). It would seem to be a 'known problem,' but only shows its ugly head when there are lots of spektrum users. This has only happened at large sanctioned events. Like 200 + people. But, since I want to keep going to these, and I will NOT be without the 2.4ghz systems, I upgraded to the M11 with the Pro series Spektrum. They say no more lag, and the response time with the M11 is 10 times as fast as the DX3. Or so the literature says. We'll see. Lots of pro's use the M11, and I like the way it feels in my hand. Not as nice as the 3PK, but I got such a smoking deal on it! But, as I said, not qute the deal you got!
Old 06-04-2006, 12:50 PM
ross_jsy

great deal there. i have a spektrum dx3 and the other week i thought i would test the built in fail safe so i switched off the radio whilst at WOT[X(]. it just kept on going and going(it takes a while to kick in, or is mine retarded) i got worried as i was running out of ground so i turned it on but it takes about 4 secs to bind. almost hit a fence but i got lucky.
Old 06-04-2006, 12:58 PM
Timmahh
Banned

sounds like you need to Adjust that spektrum failsafe.
Timmahh
Old 06-04-2006, 12:59 PM
mikewoodkozar

yeah they take a second to kick in, a better way to have tested it would be to set it on a stand while idling and maybe a little throttle then turn off the radio.
Old 06-04-2006, 01:00 PM
ross_jsy

its adjust so it has FULL brakes when needed. my truck endo's on full brakes but nothing happens for about 3 secs then the light on the reciever goes out and then it stamps on the brakes

lol yeah mike that would have been the smarter option but after reading the rcuniverse reveiw of it i was pretty confident about turning it off