Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

LST RACER

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 02:26 PM
card fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LST RACER

Hey I am pretty new to the site but this is my lst race truck. I am only 15 yrs old i like to go to my local track every weekend and race. I have added all these hop ups my self.

Hop ups
1.RPM A arms up and lowers.
2.proline wabash 23mm
3.nova 3 shoe clutch
4.losi anidoized pipe
5.integy shocks
6.yellow springs
7.F/R aluminum diffs
8.LRP .28 spec 2
9.motor saver air filter
10.proline wing W/ mugen wing mount
11.larger fuel tank
12.Losi skidplates on bottom
13.Foward only conversion FOC
14.venom battery pack
15. rpm gear cover[img][/img][img][/img]
16.sway bars front/back
17.finned motor mount
18.MIP CVD's

So i just want to here what u guys think about it.
I just orderd the carbon fiber top chassis plate and the TiNi gears also.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58761.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	474393   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ws56827.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	474394  
Old 06-08-2006, 02:58 PM
mikewoodkozar

Default RE: LST RACER

Uck, i hope you still have the stock shocks. The Integy ones are a step down as are the mip cvd's and the yellow springs are way to stiff for racing period.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:59 PM
PillowPants

uhmm.. It looks like an LST with some hop-ups to me..?
Old 06-08-2006, 03:39 PM
card fan

Mike actually i like the integy shocks alot so i think u should keep ur opinion to your self and the yellow springs are perfect were i race at thank u very much.

Hamburgler thinks for your comment so what else do i need to make it more race looking?
Old 06-08-2006, 03:45 PM
proxpilot
My Feedback: (3)

How about some Lunsford Titanium Turnbuckles, and Titanium Camber Links
Old 06-08-2006, 03:51 PM
hunter306

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: card fan

Mike actually i like the integy shocks alot so i think u should keep ur opinion to your self and the yellow springs are perfect were i race at thank u very much.

Hamburgler thinks for your comment so what else do i need to make it more race looking?
You asked for feedback regarding your LST, that's what you got. I'm not sure if it's what you wanted to hear, but he does have a couple of points.

Nice looking ride otherwise.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:59 PM
bentgear

Looks like all it needs is a lot of fuel and track time. Must be a very smooth track you race on.

Ed M.
Old 06-08-2006, 04:59 PM
mikewoodkozar

ORIGINAL: card fan

Why would you waste your money on Integy garbage when out of the box stock Losi shocks are far superior in every way. And unless you are racing on pavement (but probably not with those tires) the shocks are too stiff period (i know i have every set of tuning shocks).

Also the MIP CVD's are proven over and over again to be weaker than the stock CVD's

And finally, i just call em like i see em, you asked for it.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:04 PM
PillowPants

What do you need to make it "LOOK" more race ready? Well, as said before, some dirt and maybe a little tire wear?
Old 06-08-2006, 05:16 PM
mikewoodkozar

And i am not the only one:

Integy shocks are garbage example:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_36...tm.htm#3671571
Old 06-08-2006, 05:34 PM
Mz

IMO ito looks really good... the shocks arent the best.. but other than that its looking great keep it up
Old 06-08-2006, 06:11 PM
bauerbach

I just get the feeling the shocks were picked to match the rims, to match the fuel tubing, ect...

so i guess find some yellow cf for the chassis and you should be set.

if your interested in winning the races(or atleast interested in not handicapping yourself). pick a new color scheme.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:08 PM
bulldog33
My Feedback: (1)

I broke a shock shaft on my integy shocks today after getting like 3' of air. It was so gay! I mean I thrash my stock Losi shocks and I have never broke or bent any thing on them! INTEGY CAN SUCK IT! Every thing integy alloy I have bought has bent and is now in a land fill.(besides the shocks) Anybody who likes the integy shocks should buy mine off me. They are silver and of course one has a broken shaft.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:32 PM
RCtruckRacer

When my club track is groomed and packed, you NEED yellow in the back and black in the front. Otherwise you get too much droop. Plus our jumps tend to be closer to the size of moto-x rather than r/c when they are first made. Well, OK, that was an exaggeration (but not much! ). But anyways, maybe that guy has a track like that.

Sorry to say, I have to agree about the Integy shocks. Also, where did you find MIP CVD's? I thought they quit making them for the LST because of the problems they were having?

You absolutely MUST change out the throttle linkage. A servo saver on a throttle set up is a bad idea altogether. If you are worried about toasting the servo, just set the endpoint so that the throttle servo isnt *****g out. Its not like the steering servo's, where a big bump could break a gear without the saver. Besides, your throttle response will be like day and night when compared to with and without the saver. Use the LST2 linkage setup, or any 1/8th scale throttle linkage with a bar long enough to fit (you can use one for a plane and cut it to size).

Fuel and tires. Go through as much of both as you can. That will be your best upgrade of all!
Old 06-10-2006, 02:25 AM
Bash-m-up
My Feedback: (7)

Lookin good Cardfan, glad to see you got it fixed after that little hack job that happened to ya. It's kinda nice to see a clean ride, I'm sure it won't stay that way much longer, but anywho, see you this weekend. Then well see who runs better, it might be muddy this time. To let others know on here, that truck despite others beliefs does actually run pretty well, and since when do we bash a clean ride? I dunno, but to each there own, that's my 2 cents.