Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

sh 28 p-6 question's.

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 08:48 PM
fourwheels0
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default sh 28 p-6 question's.

i'm having a problem getting the bottom end set. i'm looking for needle setting's after breakin. high and low. right now the low end is real sluggish and smoking like a pig if i lean it a little it get's real lean. so i'm thinking my high is off even though the temp's are 220-250. can anyone help out that has this engine. thanks.
Old 06-20-2006, 04:25 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: sh 28 p-6 question's.

you are most likely way too lean on top end and too rich on bottom end...the overly rich bottom end is hiding you lean top end... I just went thru the exact same thing...

I had a hard time properly setting my high speed because I couldn't find anywhere smooth and big enough to open the motor up, its jjust too fast... So it was hard to set the top end properly.

You are running a stock tuned pipe which also doesn't help.

and any new motor will take about 1 gallon before its broken in and tuneable, so be patient...

Also run a med plug like and OS 8
Old 06-20-2006, 06:27 PM
fourwheels0

how many turns out on the hsn? how many on the lsn? i'm running a #8 plug.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:50 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: fourwheels0

how many turns out on the hsn? how many on the lsn? i'm running a #8 plug.

dude my settings are irrelevent.....you must tune for all your conditions.... I run a different tank, different tuned pipe, different brand of fuel...So my settings are useless to you.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:45 AM
amec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Start with the hsn flush. Then go from there. The lsn start at flush as well.
Now, granted it is winter here and i am at sea level. My hsn is about 1mm in from flush. My lsn is slightly out from flush. Dont go by my settings though. You must tune for where you are. I also use a SH exhaust which is more restrictive than most tuned pipes but is a lot quieter as well. My engine produces great power and runs around 180-200f. I tried tuning for temps around 250f and got no more power and poor performance. Dont just tune for temp. Tune for performance.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:53 AM
fourwheels0

UPDATE!!! after playing with this thing for way too long and not getting the result's i was looking for i think i found the problem. a bad carb.i think the lowend needle is no good i never could get any bottom end.so i thought i'd try a different carb (sportwerks) and low and behold the engine actually run's pretty good on the low,mid and high. now i just need to do a little fine tuning and i think all will be good. keeping my fingers crossed i'll pound on it this weekend and see what happen's.
Old 06-30-2006, 10:49 AM
trackman

mike bring that carb out this weekend.
Old 06-30-2006, 08:54 PM
mikewoodkozar

bad carbs are few and far between, but i had a Picco .28 that was a beee otch to tune and low and behold it was the carb as well, it happens